Re: SP Champions league - season 1

Post by Prince88 »

Good luck tonight!
Prince88, proud manager of Fresh
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Congratulations to the other finalist and good luck to both teams. I expect the final games will bring good performances.

Just to summarize the semifinal games, we could see one surprise - the biggest favorite Noldor was kicked-out after his first loss in the competition. Remedy won the home game with an early goal of Sabuhi Nikolov. Both teams performed very well, but also in the sum of performances Remedy played a little bit better. Noldor still holds the best performance of the competition - 153 away at Fresh in first Quarterfinal game.

In the other semifinal game, Chelsea champion won both games as expected. The second semifinal round was decided in first half where the team from Ukraine took a 4:1 lead.

The winner of first Champions league edition will be known tonight in a big battle between FC Remedy (currently 2nd place in SP A division) and Chelsea champion (4th place in A division).

If there will be enough interest I could organize also a 2nd part of the competition. My plan is to have this competition every second SP season - this means that the qualification rounds could start during the SP season 59 with the main group stage starting in season 60.
Team: FC Rovinka

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
remedy73
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by remedy73 »

For me it's perfect to skip season 59, because of the holidays. For a 2nd CL in season 60 I'm interested to join in again! ;)
FC Remedy is playing in division B.2
Winner SP-cup in Season 43, 56, 59, 89 & 90.
Champion in A in Season 44, 45, 55 & 90.
Winner Beneliga in Season 37, 41, 55, 56, 57, 60, 62, 66, 68, 70, 73, 88, 89 & 90.
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

First final battle: FC Remedy with a victory 3:2

In the first final game FC Remedy won at a home stadion against Ukrainian team Chelsea champion 3:2. Both team shown great performances (151:149). Although Chelsea managed to equalize the score two times, James Robertson scored a winning goal from penalty in 85' minute.

The second game is scheduled today at 22:00 with the chances still open for both teams. Although draw is enough for Remedy, Chelsea has two away goals in a pocket.

More info about the game: http://www.soccerproject.com/spnewl_gam ... &season=58

Second final battle: Another victory for FC Remedy!

Remedy suceeded also in the second game thanks to an early Cardoso's goal. Brazilian striker scored the only goal of the game in 12' minute. With the 4:2 score on aggregate, Dutch legend took the first SP Champions league title.

More info here: http://www.soccerproject.com/spnewl_gam ... &season=58
Last edited by gregoric on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
remedy73

Post by remedy73 »

And also the other match is in the pocket:
Chelsea champion 0 - 1 FC Remedy (149%-150%) :D

Thanks for organising this amanzing tournament, Gregoric. We couldn't have wished a better one :!:
FC Remedy is playing in division B.2
Winner SP-cup in Season 43, 56, 59, 89 & 90.
Champion in A in Season 44, 45, 55 & 90.
Winner Beneliga in Season 37, 41, 55, 56, 57, 60, 62, 66, 68, 70, 73, 88, 89 & 90.
forssel_81
Fan

Post by forssel_81 »

Congratulations for winner of Champions league FC Remedy. I am very happy to play final against him. I give my best at Final to win this tournament. Better team win. Good luck next season to all managers. Now it is time for relax and vacation. I am happy to be 4-th in A and play 1/2 final in Soccerproject Cup and Final in Champions league. Manager Remedy is excellent manager he has great team. His win was well-deserved. All the best to him. For me was pleasure to play in Champions league. Thanks to all managers!

It was perfect organisation from Gregoric. Thank you very much for all emotions and your hard work. You organize all very well.

Good luck to all managers next season! Have a nice vacation!

Hippopotamus

Post by Hippopotamus »

Congratulation to both finalists, and of course special congratulation to the winner :wink:

Thanks to all who played this tournament and especially to Gregoric for perfect organisation!

Btw. matches for 3rd match will be? I can play in the new season...
...new beginning...

Seasons 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 83, 84, 85 - on the top of the SP :-)
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Hippopotamus wrote:Congratulation to both finalists, and of course special congratulation to the winner :wink:

Thanks to all who played this tournament and especially to Gregoric for perfect organisation!

Btw. matches for 3rd match will be? I can play in the new season...
Hi Hippo,
it would be good if you can arrange the games in the next week - just get in touch with Arielka and let me know if you play or not.

To all teams participating: It was a pleasure for me, thanks for your support and good involvement in the competition ;)
and later on, good luck in the next editions (hopefully this will not be the last one)

now, enjoy the rest of the world cup games in Brazil and the summer ;)

History:
Hippopotamus

Post by Hippopotamus »

Matches for 3rd place:

Wednesday 9.7.2014, 18:00 -> AquaAzzurri vs Noldor
Tuesday 15.7.2014, 22:00 -> Noldor vs AquaAzzurri
...new beginning...

gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Noldor closer to 3rd place

Noldor won the first game in the 3rd place battle away at the stadium of AquaAzzurri 2:1. The victory of current best SP team was absolutely deserved (11 points difference in performance). The second game is scheduled on Tuesday 15/7 at 22:00.
An interesting fact - attendance on the first game was 10.243 fans - the third biggest in the first CL season!

History:
Arielka
Team Manager

Post by Arielka »

gregoric wrote:Noldor closer to 3rd place

An interesting fact - attendance on the first game was 10.243 fans - the third biggest in the first CL season!

For our fans (i have over 71 thousand of them) it was very good chance to see the best SP team in our stadium :-) I think 1-2 lose is not very bad, because after first half we have deficit of 2 goals, but on 50' minute we scored. But referee on 77' minute blocked our chances, by sending one player of the pitch for second yellow card, to make a draw :-)

Second match Noldor won too 1-0 at his stadium. Performance 146-136. The only goal was at the start of second half 51' minute. And again referee was very unkind for us. 73' minute my main CF gain two yellow cards and was sent of. So, thats it.

Congratulations, for Noldor wining 3 place :-)
Manager: Arielka
Team: AquaAzzurri {A in 75 season}
Hippopotamus

Post by Hippopotamus »

Thanks to Arielka for nice matches :) But it is pity those red cards it could be more dramatic.
Finally I am really happy from 3rd place although in the beginning of the competition I had little bit higher ambitions :wink:
...new beginning...

gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Today I started organizing season 2 - I sent the invitations and I am now waiting for the answers.

The key for nominations was following - I made a team rank based on their SP standings in s58 - divisions A/B/C (excluding relegated teams). And ideally, following teams are nominated:
1. the best teams of each represented country (e.g. Noldor for Sweden or rogiboys for Belgium)
2. winners of SP divisions A, B & C - with limitations per country (maximum 3 teams per country)

We need 16 teams ready at the beginning of next SP season. I hope that I will have more teams subscribed in following 2 weeks - in that case I would also organize a quick qualification round in remaining weeks of season 59.
Once I have the participants / schedule prepared, I will raise a new topic for season 2.

I am wondering if someone from this forum (maybe remedy ?) is authorized to create a separate forum under Global forum so we could have all the Champions league topics sorted in one place..

History:
meangreen

Post by meangreen »

gregoric wrote:(...)
I am wondering if someone from this forum (maybe remedy ?) is authorized to create a separate forum under Global forum so we could have all the Champions league topics sorted in one place..
I'm a forum-moderator, but I'm not authorized to change the main-forum-tree. (I think only Sjarel is)
I've made this topic 'sticky' so it will be on top and won't be deleted when it becomes inactive. That was all I could do.
FC Meangreen speelt in A
Begonnen in seizoen 30

Winnaar Beneliga seizoen 47+48+50+83+85+86
Winnaar SPEL seizoen 48
Winnaar SP CUP seizoen 48+51+62+63+87
KAMPIOEN van de A seizoen 49+50+87+88+102

Linierecord: 154 (thuis) 153 (uit)
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

meangreen wrote:
gregoric wrote:(...)
I'm a forum-moderator, but I'm not authorized to change the main-forum-tree. (I think only Sjarel is)
I've made this topic 'sticky' so it will be on top and won't be deleted when it becomes inactive. That was all I could do.
thanks meangreen for this ;)

Small update from my side - the list of participants is almost full, this time it seems we will have a small qualification in upcoming weeks. I will publish the qualification draw and also teams seeded to group stage at the end of this week / beginning of next week. And I will then also prepare schedule for the group stage.

What I can see know the second season will be quite interesting with many strong teams ;)

History:

Return to “Everything about SP / Questions”