Post by mr charlie »

its a close group, normally i'll loose points this weekend
Mr Charlie Chief of Sparta Palmeiras
Fun, thats the spirit
gregoric
Team President

Re: SP Champions league - all seasons

Post by gregoric »

Some games of round 3 were played on Thursday and Friday. FC Remedy (Group A) and Chelsea champion (B) won their away games and with 9 points they are leading their groups. AquaAzzurri won 2:0 against K.S.K. Beveren and they are now very close to to Quarterfinals - Lithuanian team is 5 points ahead of K.S.K. and fc centru calarasi. In case they succeed in tomorrow's game, QF can already become reality.
Group C is quite dramatic - smoking athlete defended a 0:0 draw at the stadium of U.C. SAMPDORIA. Bulgarians played slightly better (143 - 140), but they were not able to break the defence of Czech team. Both teams are now on the top of the group with 5 points. The other game finished with the same result - and it means that rogiboys is still waiting for the first victory! I have to say it is very unlucky season for Belgians so far - they again lost two points despite the fact that their performance was +6 points higher than the opponent - the same situation happened in previous round. rogiboys is still holding the last position - but they still have a chance to get into the play-offs. In the second half of the group stage, they just need a bit more luck :)
Team: FC Rovinka

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
visje69
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by visje69 »

Two very important wins, im back in the race
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78, 80, 103, 104, 105, 106 & 107!
A-league winner of Season 104 & 105!
SP-Cup Winner Season 106, 107 & 108!
Since S1 - August 27 2004
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Four rounds are almost completed - the last game between smoking athletes and U.C. SAMPDORIA (group C) is scheduled on Tuesday.
This season is very dramatic so far - there seems to be no clear favorite of this season and almost all teams already lost some points - the only exception is FC Remedy. With 4 victories in 4 games, they are now on the top of A group - and it's the first team already qualified to play-offs. After a problematic start, lesbuffalos won last two games and suddenly they are sitting on second place. However, remaining two teams are still "just" 3 points behind - so the situation is still pretty open.
Few days back I wrote that Chelsea champion and AquaAzzurri can confirm their position for play-off already after round 4. However, after that Chelsea lost their home game against fc centru calarasi in a very wild game - the end result was 4:5. And, AquaAzzuri lost the game at K.S.K. Beveren. Lithuanian team was leading 2:0 after the first half, but Beveren get back with two goals in the second half. Situation got a bit complicated here. Chelsea is still leading the table with 9 points, AquaAzzurri is just two points behind, but the other two teams are still in the game - fc centru calarasi is 3 points behind Lithuanians, while K.S.K. Beveren holds at least a theoretical chance - but they would need to win both games plus get some help from the other teams in their group.
In group C we have now three teams with 5 points - but two of them played just 3 games. rogiboys finally took a victory - in last round they won away game at tvaltnietmee 3:2. No matter what will be the result of Tuesday's game between athletes and SAMPDORIA, rogiboys are back in the fight for play-offs.
If previous groups are still very dramatic, Group D seems to be the most complicated right now. We only know that FC Komunisti lost their chances for play-off. In two games against Primisimo FC, Slovak team took just one point - and that's the only point they got after round 4. In their first game Komunisti lost 1:2 at home - after their worst performance in this season, including Qualification round (136). In the second game, they played much better (143) and they were close to a victory, but Salomaa lost a penalty. The game ended with a goal-less draw. Interesting thing is that this was a second penalty killed by Primisimo's goalkeeper - thanks to this they are still in a good position holding 2nd position. Sparta Palmeiras won their home game against S.S. Wallachs 1:0, but the second game finished with exactly same victory of their opponent. Sparta is still leading the group with 9 points, Primisimo FC is two points behind, Wallachs have 6 points - so these three teams will be fighting hard for play-offs.

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Round 4 completed: smoking athlete - U.C. SAMPDORIA 0:1 (0:1)
The last game of Round 4 was scheduled on Tuesday evening - between two leading teams of group C. Bulgarian U.C. SAMPDORIA shown the best away performance (146) of this round and the took an important victory 1:0. The only goal was scored by Jurko in 38. min.

The situation in this group stays still very open - even tvaltnietmee (currently holding 4th position) still has a theoretical chance for play-offs - I have to say they would need a lot of help from other teams in order to get through. In one of the possible combinations, we could see all teams ending with 8 points. If we look at previous preformances in this season, U.C. SAMPDORIA is on a very good way through to the Quarterfinals. After their first victory, rogiboys suddenly came up from last position to 2nd place - they have 5 points, same as smoking athlete. Most likely the Quarterfinalists will be known only after the last round's game between Belgian and Czech team.

History:
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Round 5 completed. We could see another set of interesting results and surprises this round.

As well current situation looks very interesting - and last round will bring big fights for many open positions for Quarterfinal. I can say, it's much more dramatic than previous seasons.
Before the last round of group stage only few positions are confirmed: Two group winners are known - FC Remedy (A) and U.C. SAMPDORIA (C). In addition, other two teams have already qualified to Quarterfinals - Chelsea champion and AquaAzzurri. Both of them are in group B, and last round will decide (directly in the game between these two teams) who takes first place. The advantage is on Bulgarian side - Chelsea is two points ahead and plays home. So AquaAzzurri needs to surprise with a victory away. Looking at performances, this is not very realistic, but we already saw quite many surprises. The game is scheduled on Friday 21/07 at 22:00.

Remaining 4 QF places are open. In group A, this will still be fight for 3 teams - lesbuffalos is currently holding second position with 6 points, but they play at the stadium of arsportas. Lithuanian team is two points behind and if they win last game, they can go through. 1.FC Olbramovice still has some chances - they also have 4 points and play away at FC Remedy. Dutch team won all previous game and the important thing will be what squad they will have on the pitch in the last game. Group C is even more dramatic - we have three teams with 5 points here. rogiboys are in the best position - they're playing home against smoking athlete. If they win, they are in QF no matter how the other game ends. In case of draw, there is still some chance for tvaltnietmee - they play home against U.C. SAMPDORIA. smoking athlete are in a difficult situation - they need a victory away at rogiboys, plus a help from U.C. SAMPDORIA.
In group D we have still three teams fighting for two QF places. S.S. Wallachs can't take the first place anymore, but with the help of Primisimo FC, they could get the second place. Sparta Palmeiras is holding the first position with 10 points - two points ahead of their next opponent Primisimo FC. Czech team is just one point ahead of S.S. Wallachs, so victory would get them into play-offs, but in case of draw or loose, they will be seeking a help from FC Komunisti. They will finish 4th for sure, but they are still showing good performance - and after taking a draw against Sparta, they can surprise again.

Good luck to everyone in the last round, this will be the most dramatic last round in the history ;)

History:
Jaffa
Fan

Post by Jaffa »

I made a brief overview of all groups and teams Perfos (average), what a interesting view! :-)
Attachments
CHL_Perfo_after5.jpg
CHL_Perfo_after5.jpg (118.28 KiB) Viewed 7147 times
FC Komunisti :twisted:
rohalt

Post by rohalt »

With that statistic you can prove everything and nothing.
In your case, you have a very good team, but you are in the wrong group.
rogiboys
35 Seasons A-player : S42, S50-S60, S71-S79, S82, S88, S93, S95-S96, S98, S103-S109, S114
Max points in A : 64 - 4th position in season 106
SPCL-winner
6 * BENE-liga winner
6 * Half Final Cup : S50, S52, S72, S101, S102, S106
2nd in Cup : S113
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

@Jaffa, thanks for putting this together ;)
Indeed, group D is very strong group - looking at the list of teams, I wouldn't expect that at the beginning. So it's a very positive surprise for me. I think I wrote this earlier - if your team is in different group, you would be heading into Quarterfinals. Even in your group, with those performances you could get more points. This time is really a bad luck.
I would also say that so far Bulgarian teams are not showing their full potential - especially Chelsea. On the other hand I expect they'll play better in the play-offs. The other interesting thing is that rogiboys have significantly higher average than the other two teams - but they all collected 5 points.
I haven't had chance to look at the statistics and situation after 5 rounds in previous seasons, but I don't remember such situation - before last round we have only 3 teams with no chance for QF - and 9 teams fighting for last 4 QF spots.

History:
Jaffa
Fan

Post by Jaffa »

I just love statistics, that is why I made this table :-) About my team, the main target of season is promotion to A division, so CHL is only a bonus which I am really enjoying. However FC Komunisti always plays the best they could 8) Many thanks to Gregoric for allow me to participate, and keeping this competition alive with high attractivity!
FC Komunisti :twisted:
mr charlie

Post by mr charlie »

My team is hard to beat, but I have always a chance to have 2 or more red cards. That's why it's hard to win prices with it. I'm still proud off what I've reached. But maybe this season I can manage to play the cup or CL final!
Mr Charlie Chief of Sparta Palmeiras
Fun, thats the spirit
visje69

Post by visje69 »

No need to go full power when it's not needed. I'll do better in the following rounds ;)
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
visje69

Post by visje69 »

visje69 wrote:No need to go full power when it's not needed. I'll do better in the following rounds ;)
As I promised. I had 135-133-137-137-138 in the previous rounds, but a 144 in this away game because I needed the win :)
Hopefully I can reach the semi's
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Last round of Group stage is now almost complete - we're waiting for the final game between tvaltnietmee and U.C. SAMPDORIA which will decide who's taking the last ticket for Quarterfinal round. If Dutch team wins tonight, they'll take the second place. In case of a draw, we will have 3 teams with 6 points - but in this case rogiboys would be the lucky one. Because the table of these three teams looks like this:

1. rogiboys 6 pts (1-3-0), 5:4
2. smoking athlete 5 pts (1-2-1), 6:6
3. tvaltnietmee 4 pts (1-1-2) 6:7

Belgian team will also like victory of U.C. SAMPORIA today - because in that case they would finish second again - this time with the same points and score as smoking athlete. Their both games ended with the same result - 1:1. But the next criteria looks better for rogiboys - sum of line ratings in these two games: 278 - 275.
So - this all means that smoking athlete is out of the game for sure, but they were a bit unlucky in last round, because they were close to an away victory at rogiboys. Czech team was leading 1:0 after the first half, but the game ended 1:1, rogiboys ended the game with 9 players (playing 3 points less than their opponent) - but still they were able to defend the draw.

We also had very dramatic finish of group D. Primisimo FC lost their second position after their defeat at the stadium of Sparta Palmeiras. Belgians won 1:0 in a very good game (146-144). S.S. Wallachs used this opportunity and thanks to the victory against FC Komunisti, they took over the second place in the group. Although Slovak team was without any chances (2 points in total), they played yet another perfect game - 145! Still it wasn't enough, as Wallachs played 146 and won 1:0.
In group A, FC Remedy won also their 6th game - so they're the only team without losing any points so far. lesbuffalos played their best game this season (144), and thanks to this performance, they took the 2nd place in group A. In Group B we were just waiting for the clash of Chelsea champion and AquaAzzurri. No surprise here, AquaAzzurri played very low (125) and lost the game 2:4 - so both teams just confirmed their positions.

Quarterfinal draw will be published tomorrow, after the Group stage is finalized.
Seeded teams: FC Remedy (NED), Chelsea champion (BUL), U.C. SAMPDORIA (BUL), Sparta Palmeiras (BEL)
Unseeded teams: lesbuffalos (BEL), AquaAzzurri (LIT), S.S. Wallachs (ROM), rogiboys (BEL) / tvaltnietmee (NED)

History:
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

rogiboys joins the Quarterfinal crew!
Last game of the group stage confirmed the last place in QF round. Dutch team tvaltnietmee had a chance to qualify to play-offs in case of victory in their last game home against U.C. SAMPDORIA. Their opponent was already confirmed winner of their group, so they had a chance to give a rest to some key players. But despite this fact, Bulgarian team had a strong squad on the pitch and they shown one of their best performances in this SPCL season. U.C. SAMPDORIA won 3:2 and helped rogiboys to get into the Quarterfinals. SAMPDORIA is the only team seeded from 2nd pot who managed to win the group. Plus on top, together with FC Remedy they are the only two unbeaten teams this season.

Looking at the final standings, we don't have big surprises compared to the expectation and how teams were divided into respective pots. Victory of U.C. SAMPDORIA in their group wasn't a big surprise, so the only one is maybe AquaAzzurri which managed to qualify to top 8 from POT3 instead of fc centru calarasi (finished 4th). Romanian team could do better, but they didn't setup 2 out of 3 home games - especially the first one against AquaAzzurri could change the overall picture of group B. Out of POT3 teams, Primisimo FC was very close to Quarterfinal round in the most difficult group of this season.
One big paradox of this season is also FC Komunisti - the only team this season without a victory. They collected just two points, but in the Average performance ranking, they are 5th! So being in any other group, they would be fighting for the 1st place in the group. The average performance ranking looks like this:
1. Sparta Palmeiras 145,50
2. S.S. Wallachs 144,67
3. FC Remedy 143,00
4. U.C. SAMPDORIA 142,83
5. FC Komunisti 142,67

As I wrote in the previous post, you can expect the Play-off draw tomorrow. Thanks to all managers for the participation, good luck to Quarterfinalists ;)
Last edited by gregoric on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

History:

Return to “Everything about SP / Questions”