SP Champions league - all seasons

Everything about this online soccer manager game

Moderator: Moderator

visje69
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: SP Champions league - all seasons

Post by visje69 »

Looks like some top teams are yet again competing in the CL! Keep up the good work Gregoric!
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78, 80, 103, 104, 105, 106 & 107!
A-league winner of Season 104 & 105!
SP-Cup Winner Season 106, 107 & 108!
Since S1 - August 27 2004
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

An update after completion of group stage:

- FCB Eruveo won 2:1 at MSK_Profirol and defended the second position. In their second appearance, Czech team will play their first QF.
- The Last Mohycan lost 1:2 against Noldor - which means that we will have a repeat of last seasons' final already in QF round (The Last Mohycan - U.C.SAMPDORIA)
- SAMPDORIA finished second in group C, thanks to a victory against Primisimo (2:1)

QF draw is updated in the first post. Good luck all!
Team: FC Rovinka

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Quarterfinal round - overview

QF1: The Last Mohycan (SVK) - U.C.SAMPDORIA (BUL)
A reprise of last season's final. The Last Mohycan didn't succeed in the last round of group stage against Noldor and they'll face one of the biggest favorite of this season. Looking at the performance in group stage, U.C.SAMPDORIA played a bit better - they hold the highest average (147) as well as this season's max performance - 149 (home & away). In both cases this is 3 points higher than their opponents average & max. On the other side, in current season of A division, Slovak team won both games (2:1, 1:0). So they have a very good chance for a revenge. Difficult to predict this one - it will be a very open battle - I also expect this will bring the top performances of QF round.

QF2: SAMPDORIA (BUL) - El Pandos Brutos (NED)
This is the game between the worst scoring and top scoring team - on the other hand as well the best vs worst defence. SAMPDORIA scored only 5 goals in 6 games - while the Dutch team scored 22! In A division, both teams are fighting hard for survival - with the same points (31), SAMPDORIA holds the 10th position thanks to a better score. The average performance looks slightly better for El Pandos Brutos: 141.33 vs 140.67. The Dutch team is a favorite of this round, but it will be quite equal.

QF3: AC Draha Prague (CZE) - FC Rovinka (SVK)
My team is a favorite of the Czechoslovak derby - after a bad start of the season, FC Rovinka holds a 4 games winning series - and quite a good average performance so far - 142.67 (max: 145). AC Draha's max is 142, so they'll need to play their best - but the team has quite a good history in SPCL - holding 2 medals (gold & bronze) - in all previous 3 appearances, they always made it to the Top 4. The Czech team is still a bit young and they'll probably need more time to settle down the squad and gain more experience - I just hope they'll not surprise this time :)

QF4: FCB Eruveo (CZE) - Noldor (SWE)
This QF looks to have the clearest favorite - Noldor, but it will not be that easy. Eruveo's max is 144 - which is as well Noldor's worst performance (max: 149, average: 146.67). But Czech team still can play higher, so they can potentially bring a surprise here.

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

QF SUMMARY:

The winner of last two editions of SPCL is out of the game - U.C.SAMPDORIA screwed up the first game away - after their weakest performance (133), they lost 0:1 at The Last Mohycan. Bulgarian team improved in the second game, played 148 and won 3:2, however thanks to the 2 goals scored away, The Last Mohycan continues to the Semifinal. It was a perfect revenge for Slovak team after losing last season's final. Mohycans will fight for their third trophy - their next opponent is another Bulgarian team: SAMPDORIA.

Although I thought El Pandos Brutos is a favorite of this round, they seem to be more focused on a survival fight in the A-division. Dutch team played very low both games (108 and 129) - and already the first game decided. SAMPDORIA won 4:1 home - and that was a huge advantage for the second leg. El Pandos played better, but not enough to make a drama - they also lost the second game 2:3. Bulgarian team scored 7 goals in two QF games - which is more than in previous 6 games of the group stage!

In QF3, FC Rovinka confirmed the expectations - and similarly to SAMPDORIA, my team decided in the first game, with an away win 3:0, thanks to a hattrick of Nir Ghrayib. AC Draha improved their performance in the second game, but still lost 2:3 which means game over for Czech team. FC Rovinka will wait for the opponent till Monday afternoon, when the QF4 will be completed. In the first leg, FCB Eruveo played 0:0 against Noldor.

History:
raoulio

Post by raoulio »

Due to holiday, lack of time and team reform unfortunately I could no longer perform optimally in QF.
Congratz to Sampdoria and good luck to all remaining contenders!
El Pandos Brutos reached the A.1 division within 1,5 years of establishment and played there 4 seasons in a row
Winner of the Beneliga Season 79 and 94
Currently playing in A.1

Old Teams: feyenoordie played in A.1 & VKC 1989 played in C.4
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Noldor will fight for medals again!
The second leg of QF4 was completed on Monday afternoon. After a 0:0 draw in the first leg, Noldor won their home game against FCB Eruveo. Czech team started the game great with an early goal scored in 7. min. Due to that, Noldor needed a victory - as in case of draw they would get out of the game. Although they played better (148 vs 141), fans had to wait for goals for the second half. Vanderlinden equalized the score in 66. min. After that FCB Eruveo lost their LB Buysse who received a second yellow card in 75. min. Just six minutes later, Sulejmani scored a winning goal and decided that Noldor made it to SF round again. In their fifth previous appearances, Noldor always got a medal (2 x gold, 1 x silver, 2 x bronze) - and now they'll have a good chance to get another one.

History:
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

With a bit of deleay, I am bringing the Semifinal review:

Interestingly, we have a representation of two groups only here - teams from groups A and C are all out of the game now.

SF1: The Last Mohycan (SVK) - SAMPDORIA (BUL)
The game between runners-up (teams on 2nd place) of group B & C. The Last Mohycan kicked out U.C.SAMPDORIA from the tournament in previous round and now they're facing the second Bulgarian team. Slovak team is a big favorite of this game - and they already started well earlier today with a home win 1:0. The second leg is scheduled on Monday at 10:00, SAMPDORIA is in a very complicated situation. Both teams are still in SP Cup, but SAMPDORIA has a difficult opponent on Saturday (U.C.SAMPDORIA), so if they get out and Mohycans continue on Monday morning, this situation could be an advantage for Bulgarian team in the second leg. However, they'll probably need a bit of luck as well. In current season of A division, The Last Mohycan (finished 2nd) won both games against SAMPDORIA (finished 10th). I don't see big chances for Bulgarian team to go through - but already SF is their best success in the SPCL history.

SF2: Noldor (SWE) - FC Rovinka (SVK)
A clash of group B & C winners - and the favorite is quite clear here as well. Noldor is on their way back to top of the SP, in next season they'll be one of the biggest favorite of A division. Besides that, Noldor is fighting for their third SPCL title - and sixth medal. I will do my best to stop them, but I will need to get the best out of my team + some luck on top. Games will be played on Friday & Monday evenings (10pm) - both teams are still fighting for SP Cup and some Friendly cups - so these games can influence the performance in SPCL. Noldor's performance is getting close to 150, while FC Rovinka's max this SPCL season is "just" 145.

History:
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

The Last Mohycan will fight for gold!
After winning the first game 1:0, Slovak team managed to win away as well. At the stadium of SAMPDORIA, The Last Mohycan was leading 2:0 after the first half. SAMPDORIA tried to get back in the game, but was able to score only one goal in the second half. It was a well deserved victory of the Slovak team. It's an amazing statistics - Mohycans get 4 medals out of 4 SPCL appearances. After winning two tournaments quite in the past (season 5 & 6), they got back to SPCL with a silver medal in previous season.

The SF2 will be decided today at 10pm - Noldor won the first game against FC Rovinka 3:2 home. Victory is a good starting position for Noldor, but scoring two goals away, FC Rovinka still keeps this battle open. Both teams played SP Cup early in the morning and as well they're playing some Friendly cup games before the SPCL game today, so I don't expect optimum performances here. Noldor is fighting for their fourth final.

History:
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Noldor became the second Finalist!

In the second leg of SF2 game, Noldor confirmed the role of favorite and won 2:1 at my stadium. Although I tried my best, it was a well deserved victory for the opponent. In both games Noldor played 2 points higher than FC Rovinka. Thanks to two goals scored in the Semifinal round, Noldor's forward Jason Vanderlinden is taking over the lead in the top scorer rank (9 goals). The fight for Top scorer might still be dramatic, we have two players still in game who are just one goal behind (Farooqi & Ghrayib) and one two goals behind (Sulejmani).

3RD PLACE GAME: SAMPDORIA (BUL) - FC Rovinka (SVK)
Both teams already played against each other in the Group stage. My team was more successful there, FC Rovinka won 2:1 home and got an away draw 1:1. Both teams also met in last season's A division - and the results were very similar (1:0 and 1:1). For SAMPDORIA, getting into the TOP 4 is the historical success - in their 3 previous appearances they always finished their journey in Quarterfinal round. For FC Rovinka this is already the 6th appearance. Previously the team only qualified to play-offs once - in season 5 - and it led to a bronze medal in that season. SAMPDORIA is also still fighting for the SP Cup, so this might affect the schedule of this game. Looking at recent games this season, FC Rovinka is a favorite of this game, but need to play my best to get the medal.

FINAL: Noldor (SWE) - The Last Mohycan (SVK)
This seems to be quite a classic game already. These two team are meeting quite regularly in last two seasons. In 12th season, they met in group D as well as in Semifinal round later in the season. Slovak team was more successful last season - they got two wins and two draws. At the end, The Last Mohycan got a silver medal, while Noldor took bronze. This season both teams already met in group B, and this time Noldor was doing better - they won both group stage games against their opponent (both 2:1). Noldor leads the historical rank and they will just strengthen the position ahead of FC Remedy. In 5 previous appearances, "Swedish" team collected 5 medals - but on the other side they're fighting for gold after a very long break. Noldor's last appearance in Final round was in season 4 (finished 2nd) - and their two SPCL trophies are from a very early stage of SPCL (season 2 & 3). The Last Mohycan is even more efficient in this tournament: in their 4th appearance, they're playing their 4th final! Slovak team won the trophy twice, in seasons 5 and 6 (in both cases they played against Totemo Baka). I think this time they have the last realistic chance for a title in near future, as the team is getting quite old now and will need a reconstruction. What we know here is that we will have a first team with 3 SPCL victories - and later today we will find out which team gets this historical success. I don't see a clear favorite of this final - but that's quite usual for the final round :)

History:
Hippopotamus

Post by Hippopotamus »

Thanks Gregoric for nice preview of final matches :-)

The first match in my stadium is over. And...surprisingly...or probably not surpriingly...Mohycans had absolutly no chance and lost the game. They tried to use wooden tomahawks, broken spears, blunt knifes, dead bisons and skunks and similar "tools" from Stone Age, so Vikings easily trampled them like useless insect :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 2nd match is going to be just formality and celebration of 3rd Noldor´s victory, something like last stage in Tour de France :mrgreen:

Noldor 3 - 2 Last Mohycan (149 - 147)
...new beginning...

Seasons 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 83, 84, 85 - on the top of the SP :-)
Milko

Post by Milko »

Hippopotamus wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am Thanks Gregoric for nice preview of final matches :-)

The first match in my stadium is over. And...surprisingly...or probably not surpriingly...Mohycans had absolutly no chance and lost the game. They tried to use wooden tomahawks, broken spears, blunt knifes, dead bisons and skunks and similar "tools" from Stone Age, so Vikings easily trampled them like useless insect :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 2nd match is going to be just formality and celebration of 3rd Noldor´s victory, something like last stage in Tour de France :mrgreen:

Noldor - who is it ??? Totally unknown from the north ... :mrgreen: Our players underestimated this average team. The reputation will be different. Our players boosted with fire water and the latest arrows from China are already eager to destroy the asses of the northern enemies. Our time is coming ... :wink:
Manager: Milko
Team: The Last Mohycan
visje69

Post by visje69 »

Milko wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:46 am
Hippopotamus wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am Thanks Gregoric for nice preview of final matches :-)

Noldor - who is it ??? Totally unknown from the north ... :mrgreen: Our players underestimated this average team. The reputation will be different. Our players boosted with fire water and the latest arrows from China are already eager to destroy the asses of the northern enemies. Our time is coming ... :wink:
I hope so, because this morning it was The Last Mohycannot :lol: :mrgreen:
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78, 80, 103, 104, 105, 106 & 107!
A-league winner of Season 104 & 105!
SP-Cup Winner Season 106, 107 & 108!
Since S1 - August 27 2004
Milko

Post by Milko »

visje69 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:08 pm
Milko wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:46 am

I hope so, because this morning it was The Last Mohycannot :lol: :mrgreen:
You are right Visje :wink:
Milko

Post by Milko »

The Indians already had enough and therefore "allowed" :lol: the Noldor boys to win. A huge congratulation to the deserved victory Hippo ! Is it in the right hands :wink:

The Last Mohycan 0 - 1 Noldor (142 - 149)

P.S. gregoric - thanks for the super organization. Hat down!
Hippopotamus

Post by Hippopotamus »

Thanks Milko for nice final :) You are invited for great party. The main course will be your bisons from the matches :mrgreen:
...new beginning...

Seasons 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 83, 84, 85 - on the top of the SP :-)

Return to “Everything about SP / Questions”