SoccerProject 2024

Post by x_cite17 »

I decided to make a modern version of this game, pro bono :lol:
Tell me what would you want added or removed? All ideas are welcomed. :wink:
visje69
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: SoccerProject 2024

Post by visje69 »

Maybe you should start with a broad base and then adjust when needed. Just making a core game of this will take enought effort
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78, 80, 103, 104, 105, 106 & 107!
A-league winner of Season 104 & 105!
SP-Cup Winner Season 106, 107 & 108!
Since S1 - August 27 2004
andrei.g
Team Manager

Post by andrei.g »

1. Mobile-friendly, maybe with an app.
2. More complex tactical system (i.e: if manager chooses playing a Passing tactic, but his players have weak Passing skill, reduce the team's overall performance)
3. Reduce the dependency on transfers - right now, transfers are the only efficient way to build and maintain your budget, while other income means are marginal.
4. Bump up the impact of the youth academy. Maybe give more youths per season and add an option to set a focus for your youth system (i.e: manager can choose the type of players they want from their youth academy; maybe have a system where if you focus on lower aggression players, you will need to wait more until you get one). I've played other games where this worked pretty well. The best youth system I've seen is the one where you had a youth team with a limited number of players and you would get a new youth every X days - where X was higher or lower depending on the level of your academy). Then you kept your youths and train them in the youth team and could promote them to the main team whenever you wanted.
5. Flexible team spirit, meaning it should be calculated based on the players who actually play together in games. For example, if you buy an untrained youth player, your first 11 team should not be affected much. If you buy a top player who will immediately go in your starting lineup, then you should see some temporary penalties in terms of team spirit.
6. Strong anti-cheating mechanism (maybe set up some formulas to restrict the minimum and maximum sums of money that can be paid for a player based on his skills and potential; if the maximum is paid, then the manager who offered cannot raise the offer and will have to wait until the transfer period expires to get the player, if nobody else decides to raise the offer... Something like that.)
7. Something that I never liked in SP is that all players have the same peak period (20-30 years old for field players and 23-33 for GKs). You could add something like longevity combined with an indicator of when a player's peak starts (i.e: early bloomer, late bloomer). This would add complexity to the transfer market, since an early bloomer with high longevity will play more seasons at the top, thus making him more valuable, while players with shorter peaks will be less valuable).
x_cite17
Groundsman

Post by x_cite17 »

Thanks for your great ideas. We should talk more.
I've started working on it. But my problem is that I can`t reach any owner of this game. I want an update of this game not a fresh one, but if I can`t reach them, I will realease it. It would be better if this game continues with this actual players databases. PS: I have ideas that no soccermanager outhere has it.
Hope for more involvement from old soccerproject players and not only. :D
pgroen
Fan

Post by pgroen »

I really love your initiative!
Does anyone have an idea how to get in touch with the owners or administrators of this game?
I would really love it when we could attract more managers to help this game grow again. How could we make sure of that? I think as soon as this game becomes big again, attention of the owners will be attracted again.
remedy73

Post by remedy73 »

I also like the ideas of Andrei. Most of it are no very big changes, but these can improve the joy of playing the game.
We also have to deal with a management (Sjarel en ReesinG) that is busy with their work, family (kids) and spent most of their sparetime in keeping SP alive. Every time when one of the browsers has been updated, SP should be updated too. Making SP better playable on a mobile (with an app in the playstore) is one of their wishes too.

I do not have the illusion that when Andrei's ideas has been realized, the community will grow again. The market for games is so huge these times, so all games have to consume a little peace of the huge cake.

@pgroen: Sjarel is the founder of the game. He can be contacted ingame with a pm, but his reaction-time can be long. He's more programming, than playing his own game. I will mention Sjarel of Andrei's post of ideas.
FC Remedy is playing in division B.2
Winner SP-cup in Season 43, 56, 59, 89 & 90.
Champion in A in Season 44, 45, 55 & 90.
Winner Beneliga in Season 37, 41, 55, 56, 57, 60, 62, 66, 68, 70, 73, 88, 89 & 90.
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Nice, I'll make sure to discuss them with ReesinG. We are actually working on a mobile version, but it's taking us a lot of time unfortunately.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
x_cite17
Groundsman

Post by x_cite17 »

I'm making progress. I will release a demo in 2 weeks. :mrgreen:

Return to “Everything about SP / Questions”