The awesome WC 2010 shock n awe thread

Casual chat in the English language. Talk about football in general, Champions league, the weather, anything...

Moderator: Moderator

B e n
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: The awesome WC 2010 shock n awe thread

Post by B e n »

calin_g wrote:of course, i wasn't so naive to believe that africans filled the stadium for france-uruguay cause they wanted to blow their vuvuzelas, they're too poor to afford tickets.. [besides i heard somewhere (maybe here on this topic) that if you wanna fly to south africa from burkina faso or something like that, your plane must go first to paris, cause there are no direct routes to SA]. anyway i don't care about the blowers' nationality, i don't care who's on the stadium, africans, europeans, martians, i just wanna here the ref's whistle and the bones crunching at fouls, god dammit!.. :mrgreen: and of course, i would like that my ears won't "bzzzzzzz" for minutes after every match i watch on tv.. :(
You can just shut the volume down :P In the summer it will be annoying because you don't know if it are bees or vuvuzela's :lol:
FC The White Caps - S40 Playing in A (Rebuilding)
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Come on guys, it's the World Cup, stop popping out crazy stuff and let's talk about how my favourites USA almost won against my other favourites, England. I see this game replayed in the semi-final. And South Korea also won, so they only need to win against Nigeria and they will be through :D

@calin: Did you notice? Almost no vuvuzelas tonight in England-USA. You could ever hear the fans singing :) And man, those English girls were hot, I don't know where they found them because I was not impressed in this area every time I was in London.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
calin_g

Post by calin_g »

i like the US too, they won me a beer today.. also was sure that South Korea will easily beat Greece.. My argentinians struggled a bit with Nigeria, but i'm still keeping my bet on them for world champs :mrgreen:
Razvanica wrote:@calin: Did you notice? Almost no vuvuzelas tonight in England-USA. You could ever hear the fans singing :) And man, those English girls were hot, I don't know where they found them because I was not impressed in this area every time I was in London.
you see? my complaints about the vuvuzelas were listened by some kind of a higher power :lol: about the english girls.. i wouldn't be surprised if their names were Natasha, Olga, Irina or Andreea :)
SP Club Inter 15
...........***...........
SP: a love and hate thing..
B e n

Post by B e n »

calin_g wrote:i like the US too, they won me a beer today.. also was sure that South Korea will easily beat Greece.. My argentinians struggled a bit with Nigeria, but i'm still keeping my bet on them for world champs :mrgreen:
Razvanica wrote:@calin: Did you notice? Almost no vuvuzelas tonight in England-USA. You could ever hear the fans singing :) And man, those English girls were hot, I don't know where they found them because I was not impressed in this area every time I was in London.
you see? my complaints about the vuvuzelas were listened by some kind of a higher power :lol: about the english girls.. i wouldn't be surprised if their names were Natasha, Olga, Irina or Andreea :)
And why is that so? :P That aren't really English names :D
FC The White Caps - S40 Playing in A (Rebuilding)
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

My revelation, Australia, lost 4-0 :| But at least calin's favourite Serbia also lost :) My first live WC game tomorrow, I'll let you know how it went.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Razvanica wrote:
@calin: Did you notice? Almost no vuvuzelas tonight in England-USA. You could ever hear the fans singing :) And man, those English girls were hot, I don't know where they found them because I was not impressed in this area every time I was in London.
Copy that.

But as Calin says, luckily there's a bunch of eastern european immigrants.

Anyway. I'm a bit disappointed so far by the new football. It was supposed to give more goals because it's lighter and more unpredictable (some players compare it to the plastic balls your local supermarket will give away as a promotion stunt).

I don't think it lives up to its purpose, however. On the contrary: to me it looks like this new ball has made it easier for the defenders to head centered passes longer away and thus reducing the risk of a conceeded goal.

Very few teams have succesfully used long shots. Most of them ended wide of the target.

Speaking of attack, here's an unofficial apology for the lame, pathetic pseudo performance of the danish team in its 0-2 defeat against Netherlands. The final score was to be expected with something like 80% probability and the danish team, as expected, had no other option than to put in a strong defensive effort.

It worked in the first half, but made it a rather boring match where neither side produced any major scoring chances untill a random mistake in the second half decided the match.

I hope the next match will be more entertaining, but chances are slim as far as the danish team is concerned. It only has 4 dedicated forwards. One is injured, One is 34 yo and has the pace of a turtle, a third has little experience but from the bottom of the danish league, and the last barely played any real matches for the past year.

Most hopes of a scoring player is with the midfielders or offensive backs, but that's kind of weird positions to expect the major scoring to come from. :(
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

calin_g wrote:Of course, it's a deal
:!: :wink: :) :D :lol:
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan

Return to “Casual chat”