End of this forum

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Sjarel
Member of the Soccer Project Association

End of this forum

Post by Sjarel »

Because we (SoccerProject) no longer give enough response on all your ideas and suggestions, it makes no sense to have a separate subforum for this. Especially since this might mislead some managers and creates frustration. Therefor we have decided to close this forum during the upcoming week. Obviously all your ideas are still welcome and can be posted and discussed in 'Everything about SP / Questions'. As soon as this subforum is closed, you are welcome to continue unfinished topics in 'Everything about SP / Questions'.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
spootytown
Team Board Member

Re: End of this forum

Post by spootytown »

I am curious: if suggestions and requests were being ignored in a subforum dedicated to such requests, how can people have any faith that their suggestions and requests will be read in a much broader forum that is mostly filled with newbie questions?

I appreciate your honesty in closing the forum, as many people already assumed their requests and suggestions were being ignored. But I have a hard time believing that closing this forum will result in better response to suggestions when they will get lost amongst the weekly "how do i make money", "where do I find smpt" and "is this a good price to buy player X" questions. :roll:

If you don't care about getting player input, that's fine. Just say so. Closing this forum is a great first step!
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Suggestions were never ignored, it's just thta we did not respond enough. We are not able to deal properly with all suggestions, that's why I'm closing this forum.

On the other hand, I do not want to discourage managers with really good ideas to post them. As always was the case, good ideas will be picked up and some even get implemented quite fast.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Not responding when people are expecting or hoping for a reply is ignoring. If I walk up to you on the street and say "hello" and though you heard me, you do not respond, you are ignoring me. If I send you an email and you read it and don't respond, you are ignoring me. If people post suggestions and you do not respond, you are ignoring them.

How tough is it to respond? I bet 99% of the discussions here could be ended with one of four simple one-sentence replies:
1. "This suggestion has already been rejected." (leave it to them to discuss why, or to find the original thread)
2. "This is a good suggestion, but cannot be implemented soon due to the coding/technology required."
3. "This suggestion has been considered, but is a lower priority than some other changes we are currently working on."
4. "This is a good idea and will be picked up and implemented quite fast."

Like most managers, I enjoy this game and the SP community, and thank you very much for creating it. But I also want it to change and grow and improve. And I fail to see how this change is an improvement, or how the SP managers should be encouraged that they are being heard. At best, it's an acknowledgment that their proposals were largely disregarded before, and they can expect the same in the future. If you still encourage people to suggest improvements, why would you close down the forum dedicated to such requests? If you didn't respond enough before, how will you be more responsive now? You won't. And that is disappointing.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

spootytown, I believe that it is better to close this section than to keep it as it was until now. As I see it, the option you ask for, the one where a feed-back is offered in most of the cases is not taken into account. And, in this situation, I prefer not having this section.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

spootytown wrote:Not responding when people are expecting or hoping for a reply is ignoring. If I walk up to you on the street and say "hello" and though you heard me, you do not respond, you are ignoring me. If I send you an email and you read it and don't respond, you are ignoring me. If people post suggestions and you do not respond, you are ignoring them.

How tough is it to respond? I bet 99% of the discussions here could be ended with one of four simple one-sentence replies:
1. "This suggestion has already been rejected." (leave it to them to discuss why, or to find the original thread)
2. "This is a good suggestion, but cannot be implemented soon due to the coding/technology required."
3. "This suggestion has been considered, but is a lower priority than some other changes we are currently working on."
4. "This is a good idea and will be picked up and implemented quite fast."

Like most managers, I enjoy this game and the SP community, and thank you very much for creating it. But I also want it to change and grow and improve. And I fail to see how this change is an improvement, or how the SP managers should be encouraged that they are being heard. At best, it's an acknowledgment that their proposals were largely disregarded before, and they can expect the same in the future. If you still encourage people to suggest improvements, why would you close down the forum dedicated to such requests? If you didn't respond enough before, how will you be more responsive now? You won't. And that is disappointing.
Hard to answer this one, because you are right in some things you say.

I've decided quite some time ago to no longer answer the topics in which I didn't have anything useful to say. Just answering each post with one of your 4 options, would take me too much time. I know it seems like it would not take much time, but 10 minutes a day on average adds up to an hour each week. That's really hard to keep up for years and years ... Especially if there are so many similar things to do which also take up time (handle all incoming mails, handle advertising, handle the difficult sheriff cases, handle moderator disagreements, handle translations and translators, fixing bugs, ...). It's only after all of things have been done, I can start working on new features.

Therefor I feel it's unfair to encourage managers to come up with ideas. Nevertheless I do think it's important to say, that if a manager still has an idea he wants to share, he is welcome to post it in the other forum section.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”