UK Nationality - Split into Eng, Scot, Wales, Ireland, Rep..

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

modes98's revenge wrote: Thats not a very good reason, as would The FA have not included the entire "country" in it's league? The FA obviously didn't feel scotland was within it's power and left it to let their own country do what they want and have their own "league" i say league more of a joke really.

i doubt we would have a UK FA or even a UK league. I would like SP to be as close to RL and from what Sjarel has said he does to. When theres a UK team in the world cup i'll except it, until then I'm with Robbo & Smithy. I have no doubt if i ask my mates they are english, same for people down the pub.
The reason it's an english league is simply because the first teams were english. There were no scottish teams when the FA was founded. If there had been, it would've been a UK FA.

Regardless, if SP wants to stick as close to RL as possible, it needs to recognise that the UK is the country, not England. Football in RL isn't all it should or could be, and SP has the opportunity to be better. One way SP is better is the lower skill difference between leagues. You don't get that in RL, which makes it interesting. You're just as likely to get a high rated team in the lower leagues as you are in the higher. Another thing that makes it good is I can have a British team, not just an English one.

England isn't a country, and SP is right to treat it as such.
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”