No
7%
I dont know :)
6%

Total votes: 124

sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

Yeah, but for smaller countries it is not that easy to find all the info :?
Plus it takes some of your time...
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Michal Kejchal
Team Board Member

Post by Michal Kejchal »

I agree, but there must be some limit... like, for Belgium, Czech, Romania, Netherlands, and all the big countries, there may be over 100 managers applying for the job... There must be a way or method to deal with this problem. Like an independent "sherriff" or something who takes care of this stuff.
So maybe only put the best 5 (volunteering) managers up for the vote. It will give great discussions on the forum :P
[/quote]

Back to manager selection :wink: :
There should be some (5) malicious top belgian managers who decides to change nationality to czech. In this case we have no chance to vote for "real czech manager" :oops:
I think that better than restrictive five person rule is to charge every applicant by a special fee (about 100 000). I admit that it hasnt a lot of common with reality but it should work.

Player recruitment:
What about if national manager have to negotiate with league managers to get player for a national team instead of simple pick up from a list?
He may dispose of few millions (fixed money + maybe total amout of applicants fees) to pay league managers to release player for national team (with limits depending on players rating to avoid cheating).
But its not all about the money :P so players experience should grow by 1-2 for each match played in a national team. And if league manager rejects to release player for a match his moral should be decreased.
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

Maybe restricting national-team management to SPFA members would help.
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Michal Kejchal wrote: Player recruitment:
What about if national manager have to negotiate with league managers to get player for a national team instead of simple pick up from a list?
He may dispose of few millions (fixed money + maybe total amout of applicants fees) to pay league managers to release player for national team (with limits depending on players rating to avoid cheating).
But its not all about the money :P so players experience should grow by 1-2 for each match played in a national team. And if league manager rejects to release player for a match his moral should be decreased.
I agree on the extra experience for national team games, but I would not pay managers for recruiting their players. It is too complicated and not fair. The national manager should have full authority to pick whoever he needs, the voters will have to trust him to be good and fair (it's almost like politics :wink: )
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Highoctan3
Groundsman

Post by Highoctan3 »

Zé da Silva wrote:Maybe restricting national-team management to SPFA members would help.
Great idea, national team managers can be only SPFA memebers, but what about smaller countries, who don't have a manager with SPFA? :roll:
FC Wanna Goal? - http://www.freewebs.com/fcwannagoal
Sorry for my poor English :!:
Michal Kejchal
Team Board Member

Post by Michal Kejchal »

sljivovica wrote:
Michal Kejchal wrote: Player recruitment:
I agree on the extra experience for national team games, but I would not pay managers for recruiting their players. It is too complicated and not fair. The national manager should have full authority to pick whoever he needs, the voters will have to trust him to be good and fair (it's almost like politics :wink: )
Well, negotiate or not its a basic philosophical question :P
I suggested negotiation because managers from smaller counties (low number of managers) should have a problems when have to release a lot of players. In a case of negotiation league managers can avoid to lose all nominated players.
For "pick up system" is more useful and equitable to play "ghost matches" where no players stats are affected by match, I think.
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

You can't hold a world cup if the founder country isn't present. England must be in it!
Happy Lunatic
Fan

Post by Happy Lunatic »

I love the idea, but..

Rather than having a list of players you can chose from, wouldn't it be nice to search already existing players? Per say, managers could send in their vote for who would represnt their nation as well as send in applications for players that seem fit in playing for their country?

Maybe some limitations such as players must be 72% Global Rating or something along those lines, to decrease the amount of applications.

I would see no pride more than seeing a player of my own having the potential in playing in the world cup. :)
Johny_13
Groundsman

Post by Johny_13 »

it is really very goood idea!!!! I agree
15.Sezóna - G.302 - ?.
14.Sezóna - H.905 - 1.
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

modes98's revenge wrote:You can't hold a world cup if the founder country isn't present. England must be in it!
No, no, no. Have a British team! :wink:
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
Nasko
Team President

Post by Nasko »

I like your idea.. But i dont like the idea for WC itself... So i voted NO! Playing in higher divisions is realy hard - 5-6% of players fitness could be crucial...
There is no way to let my player play in it :wink:
Last edited by Nasko on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

Here's my two cents for the selecting a manager idea. I haven't read this thread properly ( :oops: ) so I apologise if someone has already suggested something simmilar.

Get the top 7 or so managers from a country (has to be an odd number) and set them up as a kind of national FA for their country. Managers who wish to be National Coach then put their names forward, and the FA managers cast their votes as to who they think is best for the job. It's simple, straightforward, and has some simmilarity with RL! 8)
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
RoguesBeer
Assistant Manager

Post by RoguesBeer »

I've been hashing this out in my head for a week now and I think that I have a rather good solution.

The WC managers and players would be by invitation only. The SP admin would send invitations to the top 3-5 managers for each country. The first two to respond and accept would be the primary and alternate manager for their country. Then the admin could send invitations to the managers of the top 5 players at each position for each country. The first 2 managers to respond and accept the invitation for their player will be the primary and alternate players for that position for that country. There would be some judgement calls made by the admin as to who gets invitations, but I think that they do a great job with this game and I would trust them to invite the top people.
As far as some people not wanting to have their players play in WC because of injuries and such - it could be set that after the last game of the WC, all the players in the WC have injuries and suspensions cleared. Also, there could be a nice shiny big trophy for managers who had a player either selected, or who had a player on the championship team. That would be a good incentive for managers to accept the invitations.

RoguesBeer
"Over a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
kennyanu

Post by kennyanu »

althoug i like the idea, it will be very hard for a manager of the national team to keep in track of all his players.....many good players form romania for example are in A division....but romania has no team there....so...if this will be a part of the game, the rule of the youth coordinator would have to change again....because a romanian player must be raised in romania, not in another country.

this is my oppinion, hope i have said something new...
Revenit :)
Paul-X

Post by Paul-X »

World cup is good idea :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Old - Paul-X - FK Sasowa - DELETED!!
. 3 long years without SP :)
. 3 dlhé roky bez SP :)
New - Palinoslav - FC 14 Slavia Pohan- Active and ready to faking comeback!! :D

Sláva Slovanom!! Kosovo je Srbija!!!

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”