SPAM!!!

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

rickw
Team Manager

SPAM!!!

Post by rickw »

Has anyone got any idea's about stopping spam from other managers?

I had 6 messages from other managers today offering me useless players, the stupidest thing is I have 35 players so I can't bid for anyone anyway!!!

My press announcement last season said not to offer me players, but that didn't really help
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

THANK YOU!

I had even gone so far to start a thread on exactly this topic, then I deleted it really fast because I thought maybe I was overreacting, and that other people weren't bothered by it.

Not only do these owners offer useless players to everyone, but they also spam owners who are selling players and try and get a way below market price on them.

With the current system, a manager could spam 20 sellers and manage to buy 1 or 2 players at way below market value. Then they can turn around and spam 200 owners and sell the player themselves at above market value. I'm sure there are idiots out there that are doing exactly that. And really, if they have the time it benefits them to do so. It's an easy way to make money, and there is no penalty on it... and because of that this problem is going to do nothing but get worse.

We're supposed to be soccer managers here, not greengrocers or hustlers.

Not sure how this can be solved though, outside of adjusting the transfer system or setting up an option to not accept E-mails from managers who aren't on your favorites list. If anyone has some ideas I'd love to see them.

* Edit - I can't help but notice that a few of the threads being discussed right now... dodgy transfer activity, owners getting ripped off by rigged private cups, and spam, all seem related. I bet there's one fix that would take care of all of them... damned if I can think of what it is, though. :cry:

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
x42bn6
Team Manager

Post by x42bn6 »

Implement a block list - the easiest way.
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

I don't know if its the same or different managers each time, I think mainly different
Sjarel
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Sjarel »

Paul_G wrote: Not sure how this can be solved though, outside of adjusting the transfer system or setting up an option to not accept E-mails from managers who aren't on your favorites list. If anyone has some ideas I'd love to see them.
I really don't see a decent solution for this. I'm simply ignoring these messages myself for the moment.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
kjekspakke
Team President
Location: C:\World \Europe \Norway \Østfold \Fredrikstad \Rolvsøy

Post by kjekspakke »

Jep I agree. I also get spammed alot, but i don't think there is decent solution for that like sjarel said.
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

You could maybe announce spamming is banned.

If 3 managers report a manager for spamming (in a short space of time) they get warned, if they do it again they get sacked?
jojojo
Team Board Member

Post by jojojo »

yeah that is a good idea rickw
Liverpool FC Rock!!!
www.sp-eng.co.uk
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

rickw wrote:You could maybe announce spamming is banned.

If 3 managers report a manager for spamming (in a short space of time) they get warned, if they do it again they get sacked?
Yeah, that is a good idea. Like if under an E-mail you receive, the first time you open it there is a button that says, "Report as spam", which will delete the E-mail and put a flag against the person who sent it. That would make it easy to report, and also be a lot less effort for the sheriff.

rood
Team President

Post by rood »

I hate spam , soccer project or regular email...I just hate them.
But you said:

" which will delete the E-mail and put a flag against the person who sent it. That would make it easy to report, and also be a lot less effort for the sheriff."....

What if some one will report you as a spamer just for the fun of it, or becouse you just beat his ass during the last league game? You get banned for nothing.

Must be something else!
It is physically impossible for PIGS, to look up into the sky!
Zé da Silva
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Zé da Silva »

rood wrote:Must be something else!
Fine. Clicking on the button will not automatically ban the sender, but forward the message to the sheriffs' lounge, who'll then assess the situation.
rood
Team President

Post by rood »

@dasilva
Sheriffs a people too, they are no gods, and they don't know waht's going on between players. (who hates who and for what reason)
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

rood wrote:I hate spam , soccer project or regular email...I just hate them.
But you said:

" which will delete the E-mail and put a flag against the person who sent it. That would make it easy to report, and also be a lot less effort for the sheriff."....

What if some one will report you as a spamer just for the fun of it, or becouse you just beat his ass during the last league game? You get banned for nothing.

Must be something else!
No, no... I should have specified. I meant that in conjunction with the three flags rule that Rickw mentioned earlier. So if you send an e-mail to someone then they flag you, that's one flag. But you're notified that you have one flag. So with that it would be impossible for just one person to get you in trouble unless you kept sending them e-mails... ie, spamming them.

I think if every single notification went to the sheriff, it would be way too much work. But three or more notifications on one person means that someone, somewhere, is behaving like an idiot.

Then you can make a rule, if you go 30 days without getting a new flag, your flag count would be back to zero.

rood
Team President

Post by rood »

yeap...this way sounds better!

Even if I’m 100% sure that some abusers out there will try to take advantage of a feature like this. (getting rid of the competition).
I witnessed some conversations over the forum and I was amazed by the “strategies” they were talking about.

Anyway 3 flags it is a good start. I am very new in this game (a month) and I admit that I did this (asking for a fast transf) once or twice. Not because I am a “shark” or anything, but only because I wanted that player very bad. That was my last time.

regards
rood
Team President

Post by rood »

@Paul_G
Sorry if I insist on this side of the problem a little bit too much, but I did some software testing a while ago and I can’t help not to see the “extremes”.
:oops: :)

regards

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”