Option to limit open cups to your own level

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Should there be an option to have a limited cup in addition to the open and the private cup?

Yes, of course, that is a splendid idea
66%
No, there is no need for that
34%

Total votes: 64

killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

keep them votes coming. I think we have a good proposal and I hope it can be implemented. I see no harm in it, and I think it would be a really good addition to the game. So, don't hesitate to vote if you want this to happen.
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

being in lower division, not knowing the game much, the proposed solution I thought it would be a good to implement. however, even at that time i was able to gather trophies etc. i used to it and i chose the tournaments of "my level" at that time. and it started to work. there are many of them and if you properly search you may find them filling up your schedule fully.
the only drawback is, that you can not expect being in lower division to win big tournaments with more money in. you may fight there for your own prestige, but thats it.
i feel that the proposal of this topic is to be in lower division and be able to win big open tournaments with big fee limiting entrance to certain levels / divisions.
if you go up with division, you find out why it is not like that :)

i do not say is OK, but then whole system of tournaments would have to be adjusted ... and so complex change - is hard ...
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

Frrfrr wrote:being in lower division, not knowing the game much, the proposed solution I thought it would be a good to implement. however, even at that time i was able to gather trophies etc. i used to it and i chose the tournaments of "my level" at that time. and it started to work. there are many of them and if you properly search you may find them filling up your schedule fully.
the only drawback is, that you can not expect being in lower division to win big tournaments with more money in. you may fight there for your own prestige, but thats it.
i feel that the proposal of this topic is to be in lower division and be able to win big open tournaments with big fee limiting entrance to certain levels / divisions.
if you go up with division, you find out why it is not like that :)

i do not say is OK, but then whole system of tournaments would have to be adjusted ... and so complex change - is hard ...
I am not sure I fully understand your comment - are you in favour of the proposal or not?
Just to clarify - the pupose is not necessarily to enable lower ranking teams to win big fee competitions. There can be a cap on the fee as there is in private cups. However, it is more interesting to play games and cups with teams that are close in level of ability. This option would simply make that more likely.
But maybe I didn't fully understand what your comment was about?
Last edited by killer1982 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

a good 2/3 agrees with this proposal - what are the chances it will happen?
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

killer1982 wrote:a good 2/3 agrees with this proposal - what are the chances it will happen?
1%.
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

A fair idea.

But rather than just limit it to level, why not enable a number of criterion to choose (one) from: GR, country, etc.?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

SBroccoli wrote:A fair idea.

But rather than just limit it to level, why not enable a number of criterion to choose (one) from: GR, country, etc.?
Even better...
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

Friendly tournament : subscribed teams
TitleCup of the winners
OrganiserDominator
No. of teams32
Subscription fee € 20.000,00
Tournament stylefirst league groups, then knock-out cup (Open)
Home advantageYes
1) FC Ostrava Dominator s H.1000 - 4
2) Cosa Nostra E.26 - 4
3) Glauria Calcio A.S.C F.186 - 5
4) Aleksandria Piastów G.388 - 8
5) 1.Fc Čawov H.829 - 6
6) fc barcaa G.666 - 6
7) cumilove F.170 - 8
8) Spy Antilles FC G.667 - 3
9) az havirov F.133 - 14
10) mexico H.1451 - 3
11) zebry E.81 - 6
12) Praha H.2044 - 5
13) Oops F.36 - 8
14) FC Gremlins G.426 - 2
15) valyRAPID G.425 - 7
16) 1.FC Merlin Olomouc D.21 - 14
17) Bezdikov G.414 - 1
18) MFK Ruzomberok H.102 - 9
19) wit&zwart F.130 - 11
20) REGO G.452 - 2
21) Wineriai G.135 - 2
22) FC Orizont G.223 - 1
23) Werder Brémy D.23 - 5
24) Galaktikos H.1121 - 5
25) Bombarderi52 F.39 - 5
26) Klapzubova11 F.23 - 1
27) Kalvádos D.18 - 6
28) Shalgow Rangers H.1272 - 1
29) SMRT SPARTĚ!!! H.71 - 3
30) lesbuffalos D.4 - 4
31) geto-dacii C.6 - 1
32) fc stoffel G.220 - 7

This is what I am talking about - despite a relatively low subscription fee (20.000), C and D teams are participating, which makes it rather impossible for the rest of us to have a fair chance. With my suggestion, this could be avoided for anyone who wants to avoid it.
I really think this should be implemented

[/img]
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

And D+ teams should only play agains each other on the friendly cups, right? :lol:
I don't see any reason for implementing this, you can make a private cup and invite only H teams if it pleases you. That's why it is called a "public cup", everybody can join it.
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

Razvanica wrote:And D+ teams should only play agains each other on the friendly cups, right? :lol:
I don't see any reason for implementing this, you can make a private cup and invite only H teams if it pleases you. That's why it is called a "public cup", everybody can join it.
You're missing the point here. D+ teams are free to play against whoever they wish in a public cup. Anyone can arrange an entirely open cup and leave it free for anyone to join. This option should still exist.

However, for those who may wish to arrange a cup that is open to other teams than those they know already (and with 37.000 teams, that is quite a few), but limited to those at the same level, there should be an option to make it open to anyone at their own level and lower - i.e. a limited cup in addition to the open cup and the private cup we currently have.

The option to have an entirely open cup for all levels should remain, so I really fail to see what the problem is. This is simply adding an option, that would make it possible to arrange a more fair cup, given that there is such a huge difference between teams in the lower divisions and those in the upper.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

killer1982 wrote:However, for those who may wish to arrange a cup that is open to other teams than those they know already (and with 37.000 teams, that is quite a few)
I receive 2 or 3 invitations every week to private friendly cups from managers I don't know. You just select a couple of G or F leagues and invite everybody.
The point is that C+ teams already have enough trouble joining a cup, as FrrFrr pointed in a topic here. I didn't agree with him and I don't agree with you either. The system we have now is just as tough as it should be for everyone. I don't see any point in changing it as, I repeat, you already have the tools needed to create such a cup (it's just they are not automatic). You should pick your cups carefully if you want to avoid good teams.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

There's also the basic problem of managers in H or G with 'super' teams that they build up for the purpose of winning cups. They deliberately avoid promotion so they can join low ranked clubs.

I.e. just setting the limit of the division won't be enough.

I don't see any reason why GR or line-rating should be an option to limit participation.

Those of you who prefer to play open cups can still do that - make your own cups for example.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

SBroccoli wrote: Those of you who prefer to play open cups can still do that - make your own cups for example.
exactly
kv t
Team Board Member

Re: Option to limit open cups to your own level

Post by kv t »

I like it the way it happens at the moment. If you want to win a friendly cup you just have to buy better players.

And what about the money you have to pay to get into the friendly cup? It's only 10,20 or 50K. If you play 1 or 2 game(s) at home you already got the money back. If you want to have more TS you maybe have to give a little bit of money, but who cares about a few K?

If you join friendly cups where the payment is 0 euro, i don't see a problem. Otherwise you just play friendly's at home.
Division: G.279

Name IRL & in SP-Cycling Game: Ben

Team: FC The White Caps

sissco
Team Manager

Re: Option to limit open cups to your own level

Post by sissco »

I actually like and agree with this idea 100%.....why should'nt there be an option for lower teams in league H to Automatically arrange an open cup be restrict it to teams in their league and below? I once created a vup for th H league teams and I even titled it the H league cup and what happened? a team from D, I think, joined the cup and won it! It really does make the cup predictable when you've got a team from a league or two above you!

Also, Can't we expand this idea that in open and private cups you can select an option that only teams from your country can join the cup I'd like that also!

sissco

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”