Moral Filter

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

sadikul
Groundsman

Post by sadikul »

What bothers me most is not the lack of filters (which I think would also be hard to implement in the game), but the time-consuming action of browsing mindlessly through all the players as another poster said.

My idea is to keep things the way they are (no filtering) but to be able to view player ratings without clicking each player on the transfer list (to have a similar view to the player ratings one, except for the maxed attributes of course). That way all managers will have a "visual filter" and will lose less time with the player browsing. It still needs some time from each manager, as some other posters want, and it could be a good compromise.

Any thoughts on this ?
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

We already have a detail view, check it out. :)
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
sadikul
Groundsman

Post by sadikul »

Yes, but for that detailed view you have to click on each player, which is a bit time consuming.

If we had a table view, it would be much easier to compare (I know, only for players on the same page, but it would still be a progress) different attributes such as aggression, morale, experience or main skills. The way it is done right now you have to devote a lot of time just for finding players that can improve their morale. In a table view, you would just browse visually and notice much quicker a 15 % morale player, for example.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

eh I think players are expensive enough. Let the best buyers take the cake, not the lazy that want everything automated. A player that has low morale and is hard to find is like finding gold for the good buyers.

You have the SMPT calculator that can calculate pretty well the hidden skill of a player, you can search in the history of a player if they came from a YC or not, you can see BP, the morale and the aggression of a player. So i guess that's enough help we need. This will only make players more expensive, apart from the transfer time extension recently added of which has brung a slight increase on pricing of players.

I spend a lot of time searching for the correct players, sometimes I fail when buying youth, but it's all part of the game. Just like in real life managers sometimes fail when buying players that will not perform in their team.

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

C.A. Peñarol>

do you really like this "thorough reserching" and spending so long time brousing when could be much faster?
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

No, but i get my reward at the end of my search.

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

Oh, guys, such a lovely senceless discussion! Hahaha... :-)

There is enough of web-based massive multiplayer soccer managers (and now online version of Football manager 2008 too), that everybody can choose which one he like. If You don't like SP as it is, Alefantos, so simply move to another one.

But do not request features which will/can totally change the gameplay. That is nonsence.
Tatran Střešovice
My máme slabý kádr jak hovado!
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

My dear friend,

it is all but nonsense!!
We all strive to make this game better everyday.
We discuss ideas (good or bad does not matter) to this direction.

This game has gone a long way since 2004. And it will a much longer way the following years.

If nothing was ever to change this forum is nonsense (stop writing then...)
Beta testers are useless (Ouch..)
Soccerproject (as a game with new features) is useless..

This forum is dedicated to new ideas. If you do not have any, simply move to another.
Welcome lads, welcome 3-0
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:No, but i get my reward at the end of my search.
then why do you believe you are unable to get reward when the search become pleasant???
or you believe good players are not doing the search and you are only one rewarded?

no ... the point lies in the strategy of buying and selling not in search itself ...
searching itself just disgusts others to do it, while you do it and you get reward for it just vs weak, but not vs good ones ... you will not beat good ones anyway if you miss strategy ...
... we all just suffer and the strategy would be easier to be applied without spending much time :)
and then when you win the win is then well deserved, while then you should be really good :)
sadikul
Groundsman

Post by sadikul »

[quote="Frrfrr"][quote="C.A. Peñarol"]No, but i get my reward at the end of my search.[/quote]

then why do you believe you are unable to get reward when the search become pleasant???
or you believe good players are not doing the search and you are only one rewarded?

no ... the point lies in the strategy of buying and selling not in search itself ...
searching itself just disgusts others to do it, while you do it and you get reward for it just vs weak, but not vs good ones ... you will not beat good ones anyway if you miss strategy ...
... we all just suffer and the strategy would be easier to be applied without spending much time :)
and then when you win the win is then well deserved, while then you should be really good :)[/quote]

Do you agree with my idea ? I think we should make a proposal to reduce the time spent on transfer market
sadikul
Groundsman

Post by sadikul »

[quote="dawron"]Oh, guys, such a lovely senceless discussion! Hahaha... :-)

There is enough of web-based massive multiplayer soccer managers (and now online version of Football manager 2008 too), that everybody can choose which one he like. If You don't like SP as it is, Alefantos, so simply move to another one.

But do not request features which will/can totally change the gameplay. That is nonsence.[/quote]

How does my idea change the gameplay ? Just because you don't have to click on each player on the transfer list to see his attributes ?

I will continue like this if the vast majority is against it, but you seem to be too conservatory. Do not tell me that the gameplay has not changed in the last years at all.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Frrfrr wrote:
C.A. Peñarol wrote:No, but i get my reward at the end of my search.

You are the second that asks me that question, and I will gladly explain it again.

Would you prefer to pay double, triple or four times the value for a player rather than thoroughly searching for them and saving millions?

I would love this feature, but i know that if this is implemented, player prices will soar. Because, just like I'll be using the feature, there will be another few thousand people using the feature as well and the hidden gems will be exposed to several hundred, if not a few thousand people. For example, a player that can be bought for 2mil today, you would be paying up to 6mil with this feature, who would want that? Of course it would be great for the seller, but this will bring many problems for the new people that have limited credit available or even if you are not a new player, you would still find it hard to purchase a player.

At the moment there are a few hundred managers that search thoroughly for a player, but there's not as many as it could reach if this feature was implemented.

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

I gotta agree with Gabriel on this one.

Making it easier to differentiate and compare players will inevitably drive prices up. More specifically, prices of good players will go up, while prices of average or bad players may actually drop, as demand would be more focused on the better players, now that it’s easier to see who they are.

I’m generally for progress and new ideas, Sadikul, and you are right of course that it’s gonna be nicer to shop that way, but in this case the negative effect this idea would inevitably have makes it just not worthwhile.
sadikul
Groundsman

Post by sadikul »

Well these are arguments I understand and I have to agree it would drive prices up.

Damn inflation - now that is a real problem with no real solution.
renitsa
Assistant Coach

Post by renitsa »

i don't believe that this will increase the overall inflation. it will just apply for a part of the market, not all of it, and may actually decrease the prices for some of the players, especially bp 64-67 (estimate), as now, the potential buyers will be aware of the full offer of players. the visible offer will increase, but the buyers with the money available for it and necessity for those players will stay the same. this does not lead to price increase.. at least not in this area of the market (let's say the average to upper market).
in the lower performance market, it may lead and probably will lead to an increase in prices, as it will now be harder to get the better players, so more will concentrate on the lower performance market. however, since the offer here is considerably higher that in the 64-67s, the average increase will not be very big.
i think that overall, this new filter will only make a different distribution of money in various segments of the market, but not actually increase inflation. which is only normal, since this new option will not bring new money in the game.
also, the implementation of the filter may keep more newbies in the game, as it will make an economy of time..
however, this rule may have as consequence the increase of the gap between the new entrants and the higher divisions teams and lead to a higher dependence on player speculation. also, player speculation will become less advantageous, since it will be harder to get bargains. but this difficulty will be felt especially by the new, less experienced managers, while the others will get along with it just fine.
the idea of having a filter is excellent and probably won't lead to inflation. however, for the reasons above mentioned, i think it should be coupled with some other action to reduce the difference between new entrants and the older, more experienced, teams.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”