18%
No, not at all
27%

Total votes: 11

Alefantos
Coach

A solution to the 'lying managers' problem

Post by Alefantos »

1. Lying managers have been discussed in other topics (e.g. how to counter cheating). What I suggest here is a way to tackle with this problem once and for all.

2. The problem

To give an example, lets examine the following case:

After long and tiring negotiations, I finally come to an agreement with Sjarel over the buying of the Italian CF Valerio Amoroso for 5M. Sjarel places Amoroso on the transfer list but I ignore him. Both Westel's and Amoroso's teamspirit drops. My picture now is an excellent target for Sjarel' dart-throwing practice. But other than that, nothing else can be done..

3. The solution

I propose the implementation of formal negotiations. I shall call it 'declaring interest'. Lets examine the case again:

After long etc etc, we finally agree on a 5M fee. I then use the 'declare interest' option to make a 5M offer for Amoroso. Sjarel places Amoroso on the transfer list and automatically a 5M bid is placed on him. After that, the normal transfer procedure continues.

4. Parameters

The 'declare interest' offer must have a time limit (or else Sjarel will transfer list Amoroso when he will 35 years old and take 5M!!). I propose that the declare interest will be valid for a few days. I propose 5 days. After that the offer is off.
As with transfers, there must a limit in how many offers of that kind a manager can make simultaneously. My suggestion is the number of bids halved rounded up (eg. I can make 11 bids / 2 = 5.5 -> 6 offers).
If two or more managers make an offer for a player and the player is transfer listed, then all offers are turned into bids.
The offers can be visible to all or not. I suggest not because private negotiations are more realistic.

5. Advantages

The main advantage of this option is that no manager risks his teamspirit or a player's morale. Moreover, a manager has more options which adds to the gameplay. E.g. Sjarel maybe is not thinking of trasfer listing Amoroso, but will be glad to do it if a 10M offer arrives.

6. Conclusion

This idea seems to tackle with lying managers. It also seems to make the game even more interesting. I am waiting for your remarks. I am eager to discuss every detail of this option as well as the 'declare interest' option overall.
Welcome lads, welcome 3-0
bunicutzu
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by bunicutzu »

one error in your judgement. Westel's team spirit won't change if the player will not be sold. only the player's moral.

As for the feature of declaring interest ... it will ruin the game! because what will it be when 35k managers will declare interest on 2-5-10 players each? how can anybody track this underground market? this will transform every team in an e-bay licitation. everyone will be interested in everyone's else players
not possible i would say. and such a big mess for what? for lying managers? you can always buy at the deadline :D
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

I will check the teamspirit issue, although I believe that it does drop.

But it will certainly not ruin the game!!

First of all it is not a market. It is just declaring interest for a player.
Second, it is nothing like ebay. You do not have to transfer list your player.
Third, every manager is always interested in a few players!
Fourth, it tackles the lying managers problem.
Fifth, it is realistic. Offers come and go all around the world but you can not know about it.
Sixth, what buying at the end the dealine has to do with this subject??
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Seems to be a nice idea, but I am against any automatization on transfer market. It makes the game too simple.
Second, number of "interests" could be depending on scout's rating, maximum of 11 interests.
Option "You cannot be interested in this player - insufficient funds" should be added ..

and maybe I'll find some other things to improve this idea...

But I agree with bunicutzu, too much things going on because of some small % of liars ...
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

PipkiN wrote:Second, number of "interests" could be depending on scout's rating
That's what Alefantos suggests...
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

PipkiN wrote:Seems to be a nice idea, but I am against any automatization on transfer market. It makes the game too simple.
I do not believe that this automatisation will make the game simpler.
If you want to declare interest on a player you will have to search for the player by yourself.
Your remarks are very interesting. I particularly like the "You cannot be interested in this player - insufficient funds" option. You should not offer more than you have.

P.S.: Does teamspirit drop when you transfer list a player?
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

Alefantos wrote:P.S.: Does teamspirit drop when you transfer list a player?
No, bunicutzu is correct on that matter. However, the player's morale drops when he's placed on the list, and when he's taken out of it.
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

Thanks! :D

However, the problem I mentioned in my original post still remains.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”