Managers that retire and their players.

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Managers that retire and their players.

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

I think their players shouldn't get deleted, maybe we can add another transfer list with all the players that no longer have a team cause of the manager retiring.
The players will remain on this transfer list for a few days, then they will definitely get deleted if they don't receive any contract offers.

We can only offer them contracts as if they were free players.

And we can have up to 3 open offers only to players on that list at any given time, but only one player from that transfer list can sign and join your team per season, the other offers made from that transfer list will be withdrawn automatically once a player from that list joins your team.

What do you guys think? maybe some of you can add extra ideas to this :wink:
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
keyelpk
Team Manager

Post by keyelpk »

Some of them can become staff-members? This will be a solution for countries without any staff names.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

No, because that would defeat the purpose of a player getting deleted. It would still be like the player has been deleted, as it's playing skills will be gone, and instead overlapped by it's staff skills.

The point of this idea is that some retiring managers that have players that would suit another team will be on that list, and teams can make use of the skills of the players that are constantly being deleted everyday 'cause of managers retiring, not exactly staff skills. :wink:
Of course, implying all the restrictions as mentioned in my first post, to avoid cheating.

But your idea of players becoming staff isn't a bad idea, in a way that you'll offer a player a staff contract after he retires.
Countries without staff names can't be resolved as easy though.

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
barosanu
Team Manager

Post by barosanu »

im for deleting them all, you cant say wich manager is retiring, or wich is cheating, so if a player is of a manager that cheated , its obvious you should delete him,
and by the way,
if a a b or c team has to quit or to declaire bankrupcy then the players you say shoul be sold...but those palyers will end up in other big teams a b or c and will strenghten then even harder..and then it means you ll get an a team that will not be able to be beaten

all thought lower i see you posted a good ideea of limitting the posibility to buy, that sounds pretty ok
Last edited by barosanu on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sezon14 loc 10 in H1251
sezon 15/16 loc 5/2 in H1251
sezon 17/18/19 loc 5/8/2 in G417
sezon 20 loc 2 in F139
sezon 21 loc 1 in E47 CAMPION
divizia D ne asteapta!!!!!!? oare? fac /faceti fata?
nu stati in calea mea ca va.......
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

barosanu wrote:im for deleting them all, you cant say wich manager is retiring, or wich is cheating, so if a player is of a manager that cheated , its obvious you should delete him,
You wouldn't need to take the players from the team before he retires. Once he retires, instead of automatically deleting his players, you could automatically put all his players on this transfer list for 2 days or more.
barosanu wrote:and by the way,
if a a b or c team has to quit or to declaire bankrupcy then the players you say shoul be sold...but those palyers will end up in other big teams a b or c and will strenghten then even harder..and then it means you ll get an a team that will not be able to be beaten
Well something similar happens with free players, the team that offers them the highest wage, takes him. I think this will actually help the teams in lower divisions as they can sign a player that has been playing for example in the E or F thus making them grow faster(if they're smart enough to maintain good wages). This will not actually make a big growth with the teams in higher divisions, because you can only sign one player per season from this transfer list and these players will be on this list, no more than 6 days. oh and there's higher chances of a manager retiring in a lower division than managers that are in B or C thus meaning that most players that will be on that transfer list will be suitable for teams that are in lower divisions.

Maybe we can set different rules when accessing this transfer list for teams in higher divisions, maybe they can take one player per season or for teams in the A or B only one player every two seasons and for teams in F or below divisions maybe up to 2 players per season. I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas.

That's why i need you people to think of better ways to improve this idea >_< I'm trying to find a way to help the 'weak' with this idea, without increasing the possibilities of cheaters :)

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

one thing, why waste disk space on crap like "show the players' and staffs' ratings etc. when they mean nothing to the game now, and when you can put better stuff into the game at the same time?

I disagree with this idea.
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
lee400
Team President

Re: Managers that retire and their players.

Post by lee400 »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:I think their players shouldn't get deleted, maybe we can add another transfer list with all the players that no longer have a team cause of the manager retiring.
The players will remain on this transfer list for a few days, then they will definitely get deleted if they don't receive any contract offers.

And we can have up to 3 open offers only to players on that list at any given time, but only one player from that transfer list can sign and join your team per season, the other offers made from that transfer list will be withdrawn automatically once a player from that list joins your team.

whoops didn't read the post properly. Yeah, I agree with that, tho it would make things a hell a lot more complicated.

JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

I'm against this, I don't think it's good for the balance. Too many teams quit each day.
If there is a need for more (free) players on the market, they can just throw in some random ones.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

sljivovica wrote:If there is a need for more (free) players on the market, they can just throw in some random ones.
That's another good idea, we could do that. There's times where there's no free players for a specific player age and position.

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

I disagree.

So you mean, just all of a sudden, there's 20 year old 90%s all over the market for free??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make some sense lol. That idea is just ludicrous.

C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

well if you're talking about sljivovica's idea, then no, they would be untrained or partially trained.

For my idea, yes, but with the restrictions stated in my first and third post in this thread :wink:

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:well if you're talking about sljivovica's idea, then no, they would be untrained or partially trained.

For my idea, yes, but with the restrictions stated in my first and third post in this thread :wink:
In that case, I wouldn't mind... :D

Skatanic

Re: Managers that retire and their players.

Post by Skatanic »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:I think their players shouldn't get deleted, maybe we can add another transfer list with all the players that no longer have a team cause of the manager retiring.

I like this idea, but how about this:
Say there will be a transfer list for the players of deleted teams.
Instead of putting them up for free, let the teams bid for them with money. That money will then disappear into the game. That way newbies don't get them by offering high wages which they can't afford and will take away money from the game.(I heard some complaints about this a while ago, that there is too much money in the game and players are being sold for ridiculous prices). + Also 1 player per season and for SPFA 2 per season for each team.
'Reporter: Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?'
"Skatanic: No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become
an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."
Daimon

Post by Daimon »

I don't think it will be a good ideea to put random players on the market.

by the way, right now, all the players on the market are from some team (or without contract) ?
gerben
Team Manager

Post by gerben »

i like the idea, some teams who are retiring have good players, it is a shame to let them go

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”