Request: Scotland, Wales and England separately

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Hmyzak
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Request: Scotland, Wales and England separately

Post by Hmyzak »

If we want to have simillar footbal nations as in "real" world, it would be very useful to have flags for Scotland, Wales, Engalnd and norhtern Ireland separately instead of "universal" flag form reat Britain. For me it is the same as european flag for all european cauntries on the Continent... and I am Czech Player, but I think there is needed to have flags like England, Scotland, Wales and Nortnern Ireland...
Manager.Soccer - from SoccerProject forward ->
Hmyzak

Post by Hmyzak »

Nobody has the same idea as me??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Manager.Soccer - from SoccerProject forward ->
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

Regardless of what football associations consider or not a nation, nationalities in this game refer (firstly) to the manager when s/he registers as a person. You can register yourself as 'English' because that is not a nation, regardless of having its own football team.

Also, since we don't have national teams in SP, there is no point in players being English or Welsh or something else because we only refer to their nationality and not the team they're eligible to play for.

If and when the option of national teams is available, then a possible solution would be creating two sets of 'nations' (one for real nations and one for national teams)...
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

Let’s not get political here, but it is obvious to me that there should have been 4 nationalities, not one. Being Scottish for example is more of an identity that being from the US Minor Outlying Islands or Antarctica, both uninhabited; teams from Macau and Hong Kong are Chinese in their nationality; Bouvet Island is Norwegian; and so on.

So, in principle, of course there should have been 4 teams instead of one team GB, and of course there should not be teams from Antarctica, and of course the list of countries and flags should have initially been taken from the Fifa database rather than wherever they were taken from.

However, it would cause such a hassle to fix this problem that it just isn’t worth it. What do you do with the nationality of current so-called British players? Current British managers? It’s just too much hassle, and it is not that important. But the answer to this question is definitely not ‘that’s how it should be’, with all respect Ze.
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

My mistake. ISO does in fact refer to countries and dependent territories.
Last edited by Zé da Silva on Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

I think we should split GB up in the FIFA-countries, since it's "one" with soccer...
Technically I'm sure Sjarel can do it, and the current managers can be changed manually if they send a request to Sjarel.

I guess it would make it much cooler if the British managers could lpay for their own land.

Maybe he doesn't want to do it? Or it's simply not a priority... yet :?:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
gazza88
Team Manager

Post by gazza88 »

i'm all for the idea,

im english and proud of it, i would love to have english staff, and english players,
Manager Name: gazza1988
Team Name: Mansfield Town
keyelpk
Team Manager

Post by keyelpk »

yes but this means to "kill" all the nations with no national team. like the vatican or monacoe coz' i know that the few vatican matches were played from some of the swiss guards and i don't know moneguasq pro footballers.
also here are some un-inhabited islands and FRENCH GUIANA whose players if good enough play in and for france
look at antarctica or the NF-board nations. if there is going to be a UK-split then where is Aaland?
keyelpk
Team Manager

Post by keyelpk »

i am for not spliting britain coz you will see in 2012 the first apperance of british team for first time in 60 years. i do not know what bad will cause for SP to diferentiate from fifa as it does now.
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

According to the Fifa website, there are 208 football nations. SP has 234 nations. If people feel strongly about having 4 nations in the UK and no nations that have no actual football leagues, then a manageable solution would be to delete and add countries according to the Fifa list, and then maybe give managers with problematic nationalities or those who have youth coordinators with problematic nationalities a certain period of time to chose a new nationality. From that point on, those nationalities that should not be here would eventually get extinct, with the minimum fuss for developers.

Just an idea – as I said, I don’t think it’s that important.
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

Firstly, this will have to be done at the end of the season I predict, because that is the only time when you are even allowed to change nationalities...

And secondly, if we do split it to 4 countries, everyone will stick with the England flag :D and like... 5 managers registered under Wales, Scotland and N Ireland. So whats da point?
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

lee400 wrote:So whats da point?
Get a Scottish youth coordinator and get players like Connor McLeod and William McGregor.
Get a Welsh youth coordinator and get players like Ieuan Llewelyn and Lloyd Lougher.

You get my drift :wink:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
fbi1188
Team Manager

Post by fbi1188 »

maybe we can deleat those country's where arent any managers (our wheres arent managers from their country)
like my country latvia
there is ~10 managers..
but only 2 me and my friend is from latvia!
i hate those ppls ho arent playing it their real country except those ppls ho was bored (example) in Uruguay and are living in Australia but they are playing four Uruguay

OUR WE NEED DELETE THOSE COUNTRY'S WHO ARENT IN FIFA!!!!
Fbi1188
FC Borussia M

Image(Of Latvia )

http://www.battle-strategy.com/

Player: Etheldreda the Hammer
-DER HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

We need to get rid of gvido ..
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

fbi1188 wrote:i hate those ppls ho arent playing it their real country except those ppls ho was bored (example) in Uruguay and are living in Australia but they are playing four Uruguay

I'm not bored :lol: My background is from Uruguay, but i live in Sydney. I want to play for my country of origin. :wink:
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???