200 Transfers/Season

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

X-Tenzo
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by X-Tenzo »

Geronimo wrote: Luckely, you've typed this comment. This is where i agree with you. BUT!
Gonna express myself basing myself on your comment (if i may :p). My goal is to implement this measure, in combination with a new gameplay of strategy. In that strategy i'm including, a better scaled income of advertising, of you stadium in general (shops, gadgets and so on, strategy in-game (like i earlier claimed, marking players for free kicks/penalty's, a better role for the attacking and defensive way of playing, media-comments maybe like in osm or like in fm ?, tickets sales + weather that influence the amount of fans + solutions like a roof or something, etc ..).
Secondly you're saying the players you need cost 25 - 50 million. Well the players you're selling cost the same, in general a lil less but the other incomes will rectify that. And i also have the feeling we're forgetting an important income. The clausule of the profit you can make of the secundary sale of a player that used to be yours. Example: I sold a player to Isis, Isis transfers em to Xtenzo. (In real life) in most cases i would gain some money of that transfer. Raffin told me that percentage is now 1%, correct ? Maybe that number can be increased, helping you poor guys having a lil more money buying that million dollar(Euro :lol: )players :p

You may always have your own thoughts and comment on my way of thinking, that's what's most interesting about this forum. :wink:

I agree with you that there is a lack of tactics in the game it self. But I compensate that with finding new buying and selling strategies. There are so many different strategies beside the game, but you have to find out your self. But the game isn't about me, they have to think in general and I understand that. I have read Sjarels new comment on his blog now, and I think what he's up to will make things a little easier and more honest. If direct transfers remain existing, and the maximum number of transfers will not be less than 40 each season, than I'm not complaining. Although I'm still a little scared for some big changes. I had, and still have some problems sometimes with this layout, that was a big change too, I can't get used to some pages, and it still irritates me now and then.

This is maybe a total different subject, but since the new layout the number of managers has decreased. They told me it had something to do with the summer holidays, but they are over now and we still have less managers now than we had before the new layout. I'm still wondering what caused this, and why we have a minimum growth. Does someone have an explanation?
Wanted: Youthplayers, Hiddenskill and mainskills minimum 280 together, aggression <20%
X-Tenzo

Post by X-Tenzo »

X-Tenzo wrote:
Tonyw wrote:@warchilde

The players I need cost between the 25 and 50 million each. Your stadium and advertising boards are just pocket-money.
That is my point, MY stadium and MY advertising boards are not pocket money, they are enough to pay for my team.
And that's why I'm in A, and you're not mate. :wink:
Wanted: Youthplayers, Hiddenskill and mainskills minimum 280 together, aggression <20%
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

About the lay-out thing, maybe Sjarel can give an update how the evolution is nowadays. Another thing i said million dollar players, thought it was an expression ? Could be wrong too :p
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

Wikke wrote: I've never witnessed a team like Barcelona or Man U sell the entire team in one season either, causing the team to relegate 2 times.
you're joking me...Barcelona has a budget of more than 100M...why in the name of GOD would they sell the entire team??????? Man Utd has even more than 100M. The reason we make so many transfers is to get the money, because, surprise, Laporta won't come and just give me 100M for transfers each season, like Rijkaard gets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and Black_eagle: read before you write...or don't write if you're too lazy to read.
Last edited by warchilde on Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Tenzo

Post by X-Tenzo »

Geronimo wrote:About the lay-out thing, maybe Sjarel can give an update how the evolution is nowadays. Another thing i said million dollar players, thought it was an expression ? Could be wrong too :p
I know, that was just a joke. :wink: :lol:
Tonyw
Assistant Manager

Post by Tonyw »

X-Tenzo wrote:
And that's why I'm in A, and you're not mate. :wink:
Well, you did start 8 seasons ahead of me and in a division higher, maybe in time I can narrow the gap. :wink:
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Sure you can... But it will probably take longer. The thing is, you buy players and you sell players. Usually I buy players for much more money than I sell players. The difference in money usually comes from "other" sources. Advertising, stadium-income, tv-money, plus the selling of youth-players.
I never had a great sell-out and managed to improve my team little by little, bit by bit... all thanks to this "rest-money".
So yeah, it can definitely be done...
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Geronimo wrote:About the lay-out thing, maybe Sjarel can give an update how the evolution is nowadays
Hard to say. I don't know why the growth has stopped, or at least slowed down a lot. I still feel the new layout is better and it's hard to believe that could be the cause, but it certainly seems like it.

I think it's an interesting question, but I suggest we stay on topic here and leave that discussion for another topic.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
Wikke
Team President

Post by Wikke »

warchilde wrote:
Wikke wrote: I've never witnessed a team like Barcelona or Man U sell the entire team in one season either, causing the team to relegate 2 times.
you're joking me...Barcelona has a budget of more than 100M...why in the name of GOD would they sell the entire team??????? Man Utd has even more than 100M. The reason we make so many transfers is to get the money, because, surprise, Laporta won't come and just give me 100M for transfers each season, like Rijkaard gets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm talking about the teams who peak, and then decide to sell their entire team at once. They have an advantage over those who achieve a constant high level, and are able to keep rejuvenating their team over the years. So I believe that it would be fair that those who choose to sell an entire team at once suffer the consequences of such an action. This can be the limit, forcing them to stretch their resurrection. Another option is a severe loss in fanbase, etc.
I just feel that the advantage of a sellout should be tempered.
team: Kick and Rush (K&R)- D.10
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I'm always surprised to see the same reaction when a new rule is proposed. Managers seems to think that a new constraint will make the game more difficult, whereas it actually makes the game more challenging.

I've learnt the best managers always find the best way to deal with new constraints, just like they always have.

I do agree with some statements made in this discussion :
- A complete team rebuild should take a lot of time
- A complete team rebuild should have more downsides than currently. For example a severe drop in fanbase if you relegate twice in-a-row
- It might be interesting to only limit the number of incoming transfers each season
- Other aspects of SoccerProject could be improved as well to differentiate between managers, for example the tactics part.

I also want to stress that nothing has been decided on this yet. I just mentioned this topic on my blog, because I think it's a very interesting point and I'm glad a lot of managers are sharing their view on this.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

just because most team managers make less than 40 transfers per season, dosn't mean you have to force everyone else do the same. Where is the "can you manage it" in "you can't choose anything" sjarel???????

i agree that you should put some penalties on this, but you musn't take the freedom of choice for people. put a severe drop in fan base, put whatever you like. but forcing the people do everything one way and one way only is not a step forward.

and yeah, the tactics parts could be improved :wink:
Woko

Post by Woko »

warchilde wrote:"you can't choose anything"
you can buy 20 players and sell 20 players :P
warchilde wrote:and yeah, the tactics parts could be improved :wink:
Sure...
Jantar FC
Největší úspěch v minulém působení - 18.sezona - 1. v E.43
Nyní - boj v D.9
dsarmov
Assistant Coach

Post by dsarmov »

This game is football menager. Not virtual market.
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

I don't see your problem. I don't force you to make 100 transfers....but you want to force me to make 20......still, you claim making 100 transfers is bad. well, let me do it wrong and you do it right.

here's another ideea. Let's force everyone to make 100 transfers. or what, you can't do it???

it's a freakin game and this is the fun in it. if you want to kill the fun and play alone, i recomend you put transfer windows just like in real life. like, make 20 transfers in 2 weeks, like 1 week between each new season and 1 week mid-season. to make sure you spoil it.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

warchilde wrote:I don't see your problem. I don't force you to make 100 transfers....but you want to force me to make 20......still, you claim making 100 transfers is bad. well, let me do it wrong and you do it right.

here's another ideea. Let's force everyone to make 100 transfers. or what, you can't do it???

it's a freakin game and this is the fun in it. if you want to kill the fun and play alone, i recomend you put transfer windows just like in real life. like, make 20 transfers in 2 weeks, like 1 week between each new season and 1 week mid-season. to make sure you spoil it.
Correction, that's fun for you. Don't generalise a fact that isn't valuable for everybody. Nobody claimed doing 100 transfers is bad, you ear nalot of money. But it gets boring after 2-4 seasons (look at most A-managers who or quit playing or started a new team or rebuild their squad with alot of new players). Why don't force 100 transfers, well because it's not realistic. Plain fact in a water sprung.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”