200 Transfers/Season

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

200 Transfers/Season

Post by sljivovica »

This is the current maximum of players you can buy/sell per season.
It's ridiculous :shock:

What is this?
eBay?
Sotheby's?
No, it's a SoccerManager!

We should try to make this more of a Soccer Manager and less of a trading house.
In real life, the craziest teams buy 20 players in one season, I think that would be a reasonable maximum that still allows for a lot of trading.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

true, though when some managers go nuts and lose their marbles (like me! :D ), they do a complete rebuild, involving lots more than 20.
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
Tonyw
Assistant Manager

Post by Tonyw »

I think you are right Sljivovica, it is crazy to be able to do so many deals per season, it can be more of a trading game than a soccer sim.

But it would mean less players availiable on the market, driving up prices and making it much harder to improve your team to compete with the clubs that already have plenty of money.

I personally do not like the 'trading' element of the transfer market in the game, in real life teams do not buy and sell players to make money, they do it to improve the team, which in turn provides money for future players in the form of advertising, sponsorship, and stadium revenue.

I have never had more than 4.5m in the game, and unless I 'trade' my only way to increase the money I have is through stadium development, which is very limited.

Unless other revenue streams are availiable , 'trading' is the only real source of money in the game.

also it is the ability to trade so many players per season that helps to fuel much of the cheating element of the game.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

One of the best remarks i've seen on this forum. You wan't a reality based game ? Well doing over 40 transfers a season isn't quite reality even when you have the money.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

While I agree it can make this game unrealistic, I think it is too late to make changes to that unless there is a more realistic and viable revenue stream introduced. TonyW was 100% correct: there's no way for a stadium (or advertising boards, or cup income, etc.) to generate the revenues that one can generate through the transfer market, especially for a new player (who has a small stadium, and isn't good enough to win big money cups).

"To make the move to the higher SP-level, he needs to think of different ways.

To move up, he will need better players.

To buy better players, he needs more money."

To take this away now would be a huge advantage to those players who have already amassed huge sums of money and great players. It burns the bridges that some have already crossed. No disrespect to you sljiv, but it doesn't surprise me to see someone from division A proposing this, because it is the people in higher divisions that stand to benefit most from your proposal.

If you don't want to trade, don't trade! You have the choice and the power to make it realistic and a soccer sim, and not make it a trading game.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Well face it the average chance of getting in that A-division is pretty hard. Of ourse it's the idealistic way of thinking when you say 'trading gives me more money so i can promote alot faster'. That's the general idea in your answer. Personally i think if the would implement this they will have to change something in the strategy of this game. In order that not the fact that trading makes you a good manager, but handling your teams in different strategy's. Playing wide, hard tackling or soft, playing centred or on the wings. Selecting the ones who take the corners (following a skill) or free kicks. And so on ..
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

FC Wageningen
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

sljivovica wrote:http://soccerproject.wordpress.com/

:P

Thanks Sjarel :D
After I read all that announce made by sjarel, I realised that my team is destroyed if that rule is updated from the begining of season 21.

So i sugest that this change should be first announced, so the managers can get used with it, and then, from season 22, or the half of season 21, to introduce the rule.

PS.: It took me by surprise, so my team will totally be out of my control.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one with such a problem.
Manager: cyp
Team: Fotbal Club Botosani

May the random be with me!
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

I know it is very difficult to get to A (or B or C for that matter). And I'm not saying that trading makes promotion automatic.

My message had 2 general ideas:
1) that by cutting trading, you are taking away a major way to make money. And without money, you cannot easily improve your squad or stadium. I started this game in season 18 with € 1.483.634. I cannot improve seating or win cups with that, so one HAS to look elsewhere.

2) if you don't want this to be a trading sim, don't trade! Nobody is forced to make 100 trades per season, much less ANY trades. Sjarel's post shows that massive trading is pretty small (100 managers out of 30,000), so explain why it's such a concern to someone else??

Understand that I don't want SP to be a trading game either!! I like Sljiv's idea!! He's done more trades than I have this year! I also want SP to be a soccer sim and not a trading game. :) I'm just concerned about eliminating a possible source of (high) revenue.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

I don't see a problem when the rule will be 20-20 like Sjarel stated in his post. Come on 40 transfers in one season ? You'll still have a nice income of it then. And you say 100 of 30000, but what if the biggest part of the traders are in the category of 60-70 what we can't know looking at the query Sjarel did.
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Sjarel states that only 100 managers did over 40 trades in a season.
So not that many managers will be affected afterall. I thought that number would be higher. Anyway, I think this is a good thing.

I also hope that this will cause some managers to not just throw away a whole season, but spread the 20 transfers while still competing in the league.
For instance Oprescus this year.. did so many transfers, maybe good for him, but for the A-division it just isn't cool to have a non-competing team.
In the highest 4 leagues (A&B) there were already 4 (maybe more) managers that had over 40 transfers (well, Maccbi "only" 41 :wink: )
FC Wageningen
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

spootytown wrote:My message had 2 general ideas:
1) that by cutting trading, you are taking away a major way to make money.
You're right, but the big traders can get a huuuge advantage over teams that play normal. I think trading should be part of the game, but it shouldn't be the dominating factor when it comes to being the best.
spootytown wrote: 2) if you don't want this to be a trading sim, don't trade! Nobody is forced to make 100 trades per season, much less ANY trades.
Of course there's some truth in that, but look at what happens in high-division teams. When they want, they stop performing for one season, just invest all their time in getting rich and buying the best players, the next season they come back stronger. They just bounce up and down the divisions all the time, by choice! :wink:
FC Wageningen
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

cercel_jr wrote:
sljivovica wrote:http://soccerproject.wordpress.com/

:P

Thanks Sjarel :D
After I read all that announce made by sjarel, I realised that my team is destroyed if that rule is updated from the begining of season 21.

So i sugest that this change should be first announced, so the managers can get used with it, and then, from season 22, or the half of season 21, to introduce the rule.

PS.: It took me by surprise, so my team will totally be out of my control.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one with such a problem.
Don't worry, such changes are announced in advance...
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
calin_g

Post by calin_g »

100 is ridiculous already (is there someone who actually made 100 transfers in a season? just curious..) 200 is SF. so, i agree with sljivovica, sir lee and the others.
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

sjarel wrote:Don't worry, such changes are announced in advance...
Thank you. I was worried. :D
Manager: cyp
Team: Fotbal Club Botosani

May the random be with me!

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”