Players age - again

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

barosanu
Team Manager

Post by barosanu »

it s a good ideea, BUT :
in real life , in europe i think that players that are playing in the big leagues and in important big teams, also have the best performances at ages that do not cross the line of 30years, we can see very young players that become stars in teams in europe, from ages starting 17 19 y old, if you have a 85-88 cg youth player he can give up 70 performance after he has 15-20 experience(i think) until then depending on player he can give a max of 65 i think (60-65)

if you make the 29 y old players to perform like in their 23 25 y old then the players will value more because they can be available to play another 5 seazons until the age of 32 -35 , what you are saying
so the prices for young players will drop you say, but the prices for older players will rise because of the time period extension that will encrease their max performance from 28 until 32 years

but in the end i can only see that bouth they'r prices will be bigger , because we can t denny that a young youth center player that has very good qualities will be no mach for an old guy (as time period i say) that has the same gc or even bigger, the young one will likely be more interesting

so in the end the youg players i see to have the same prices , but the prices for old guys will be even bigger
the teams will remain longer in a higher division because of their prolonged life of the "zombies" (27-28 to 32 y old)
today on TL old guys allready sell with 5 6 mil (those that are nonagresive and still have to play 3 4 seazons , and i mean 27 28 29 30 y old
1)
in you reffer that players in real life play very good until 32 35 y old , in some cases they do , but think about the top 10 20 teams of the world, in europe i see only young guys appearing on tv to have great performances, old guys only shoot good penaltyes, corners, but those points gattered by those kind of goals are not so important in europe i think
most of the points are made by using a tactic that envolves 2 3 4 players, and i can't see 4 28 years old players in real, inter, manchester, arsenal etc etc that will make the show every game scorring all the points with no help from a young "spiddy gonzales " tipe of striker or middfilder
2) if you just want to sell the old guys with more money, that will probably happen indeed
3) in you reffer to inflation
young guys will still be preffered and will still benefit with very high prices

inflation point of view: (mine)
work with the youth center
a)to rise the % in wich we can get better players, so then we will not be tempted to buy other young players just because owers arrent good enough
b) to rise the % in wich we can get players that we need (if we have players that can be too old in 2 seazons, or that are not so good, or have a lower gc than the rest of the "first team", or even if we do not have some kind of a players, or a rezerve for him , than the chances for a great young youth player should rise for these situations and others
sezon14 loc 10 in H1251
sezon 15/16 loc 5/2 in H1251
sezon 17/18/19 loc 5/8/2 in G417
sezon 20 loc 2 in F139
sezon 21 loc 1 in E47 CAMPION
divizia D ne asteapta!!!!!!? oare? fac /faceti fata?
nu stati in calea mea ca va.......
kennyanu
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by kennyanu »

sjarel...any response here?
Revenit :)
Dark Tiger
Team President

Post by Dark Tiger »

Player should indeed still be decent at 32 or even 34, but I think it's a problem of the game. There might be too many top players.
Woko

Post by Woko »

Another idea:
Players can start playing their best from +-18-23 (depends on player)...
and end playing their best to the +-28-35...
It would make the game more interesting and make old players usable, so they could play to their retirement...
Like it is in real world, nobody knows when the player starts and ends playing his best...
Jantar FC
Největší úspěch v minulém působení - 18.sezona - 1. v E.43
Nyní - boj v D.9
sir.alex.ferguson
Team President

Post by sir.alex.ferguson »

i agree...is very good ideea
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

Not sure I like this one…

Making players last for longer will reduce prices sharply at the time of change, but from that point on inflation will resume as long as more managers join the game, so this point many here raised is simply invalid.

Players can play longer at top form means that the game will be made easier, no other contribution there that I can think of.

Making the age of top form different from one player to another will however make the game immensely more difficult, as one of the most important aspects of this game is planning. Being unable to determine clearly the timeframe in which your team will be in top form will eliminate the ability to set goals and maximise affectability through planning, and things will rely much more on luck rather than management.
Last edited by zandyy on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Variety would make it less predictable, which makes it more exciting...
I'm all for it.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Just look at AC Milan's team, most are way past their 30's and they're club world champions.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???