Home advantage and fans >> suggestions

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Dark Tiger
Team President

Home advantage and fans >> suggestions

Post by Dark Tiger »

When you're playing a team from the same country, this should have a different impact on the game.

* more fans

- certainly from the away team as they don't have to travell as far.
- winning against local/rival teams is important to fans meaning more will come to watch the game

* home advantage

- maybe home advantage should become less big when playing a team from the same country. It's more difficult to play in a foreign country where you don't know the fans, you've got a long trip, people speak another language, ...

- home team advantage should depend on the number of fans from the home team and the away team.

Maybe this last remark should be a general rule. Players supported by 60000 shouting and singing fans should get a bigger boost than players supported by 6000 fans.

These measures would give managers a real way to manage the ticketing and make it more important to decide how many tickets you want to hand out to away fans.
Badbuffalo
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Badbuffalo »

I agree that the more home fans, the more advantage you should get. But about the international difference, I've got some serious doubts.

Eg. as a Belgian team plays against a Dutch team, what would be the difference than when you play against a Norwegian team? It's really hard de define how much, how far...

Maybe the interpretation of nationality is different: all teams are playing in the same 'country'; SoccerProject, only just the nationality of the manager depends. So all fans of all teams have got the same nationality, but the managers who are in control of the teams are from all over the world :)
terry

Post by terry »

More fans, more advantage for the home team, that's quite logical.

But i don't agree with the other part of the proposal. There are players all over the world, and the Czech or Belgian managers should have a lot of advantage. But if we take another country, Bolivia for example. There are 29 Bolivian managers, so that managers should have a very big disadvantage.

I like the first part, but I don't like the second part of the proposal.
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Agree with Terry and BB...
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)