Salary demand decay

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

cercel_jr wrote:PS.: And again I observe that you, dawron, keep atacking other managers who don't agree with you.
I don't want to take your example but you are like a crying girl who cant win nothing in SP and instead wants to make the game easier. If you want to do something then find ways to beat the system, without cheating, exactly like in real life.
What are You talkin about, cercel_jr? I didn´t attack anybody's personality on the whole SP forums. It's You who is attacking someone else (me) here. Sure I don't agree with others in many discussions, but all I do is to discus about the topic. You are the one who is calling another forum member "crying gir".

And If You feel word "newbie" as a form of attack, then I'm sorry, but it isn't. My opinion is as follows: Regular game on SP begin in division D (regardless of achieved budget), all lover divisions are just some kind of tutorial. And yes, I did considered myself being newbie after achievement of four league titles in a row and promoting myself to division D (It's known to public becose I mentioned it in one article for czech SP newsletter).

cercel_jr wrote:We were talking about Dawron, because he's the one who is calling everyone newbie, and he think's he's the best but he keep's complaining about the game.
I am really not the one who are You talking about in this highly sophisticated post. It's warchild who's wandering through all the forums here commenting on nearly everything even if he doesn't understand it fully and is a little of help at all.

But it's quite funny to see three Romanians defending the fourth one from being named newbie. Here's the song for You: http://dawron.petriny.net/present.mp3. :D
Tatran Střešovice
My máme slabý kádr jak hovado!
terry
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by terry »

It's very easy to say that everyone who plays in a lower division then yours is a newbie... :roll:
There are many managers who play in D and don't know the game very good... I think it's very difficult for that kind of managers to reach the C-division...
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
Woko

Post by Woko »

Just wait how will warchilde´s players be when they become fully trained and then we can say who is newbie (i think i´ve got an answer :D )...
dawron: let them be :P
cercel_jr: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And now to the topic:
I think a number of players became useless if they have been sold by free transfer...
These players are not gonna be member of a-team and are only a "thing" to be sold later and this is really far from real football and it needs a change (discussed lot in another topics)...
Jantar FC
Největší úspěch v minulém působení - 18.sezona - 1. v E.43
Nyní - boj v D.9
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

dawron wrote:It's very easy to say that everyone who plays in a lower division then yours is a newbie...
In this case I can call dawron a newbie. :lol: :twisted:

And yes dawron it's not the first time you insult people on the forum.
In the past I asked sjarel to tell you to stop atacking me with your nonsense personal issues.

Peace. :D
Manager: cyp
Team: Fotbal Club Botosani

May the random be with me!
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

cercel, let him be, i probably won lots of auctions against him, that's why he's pissed :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and on-toppic: why don't you see X-tenzo or other A managers complaining about the game my friend dawron????? the answer: because they know how to use it wisely, and we could learn alot from them instead of trying to modify everything we do not understand.
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

dawron wrote:But it's quite funny to see three Romanians defending the fourth one from being named newbie. Here's the song for You: http://dawron.petriny.net/present.mp3.
This is because we know what he is capable of.
It look's like no one knows what you are capable of. :lol:

dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

warchilde wrote:cercel, let him be, i probably won lots of auctions against him, that's why he's pissed :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and on-toppic: why don't you see X-tenzo or other A managers complaining about the game my friend dawron????? the answer: because they know how to use it wisely, and we could learn alot from them instead of trying to modify everything we do not understand.
Man, I don't complain about issues with intention to get an advantage for my personal profit. Check the lik I posted before in this topic. All I was complaining about was the player's becoming deleted becose of too high wages. Yes, the most probably it's happening to average or even below averages players, but I don't like they are dissapearing from the system this way. But there is really nothing how I could get an adventage from the eventual system change in this way.

I'm experienced twentyeight years old roleplayer who simply can't think about virtual players as numbers in SQL database. They are like real life players for me. That's what is making this game fun to me. And I want the best for them, as every good manager have to. :-)
Tatran Střešovice
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

don't become attached to your virtual players...it's bad for business :D
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

warchilde wrote:don't become attached to your virtual players...it's bad for business :D
I am not talking about mine players at all, warchild. I'm talking about players at general terms all the time (or at least at this topic).

I checked yours manager history deeply then I did before and I found it's interesting. You had made so much transfers, that one wonders what the hell are You looking for? Are You just rising your Budget? I have some friends following very similar way, but none of them made so much transfers. But mind the quantity doesn't mean the quality.

So You, romanian guys, use expensive players from free transfers, hm interesting. How much do You pay for one average official match (league or cup) on player's wages?
Tatran Střešovice
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

There are some of us, romanians, that use this strategy and untill now, the most efficient is bunicutzu. Mosmartin is coming very fast and also warchilde will "explode" when he will decide he has enough money. Bunicutzu managed to go in B division faster than onyone else. And his salaries are not very big compared to other managers.

bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

I managed to get where i am using a lot more than free transfers. Free transfers are just a small part of my strategy. Still, I think FrrFrr's strategy is a lot better than mine and so are the results also. But free transfers are a very good part of the game, and shoul remain like this. and i'll give you some reasons:
- first of all, most important i think, free transfer market is a weapon against inflation. A lot of money are coming in the game and free transfer market is a way of "cleaning" the extra amounts. As you probably saw, there is some inflation in SP because of the extra money (this problem was discussed on other topics and i will not discuss it too much here). When buying a player for free, you have to pay him big salary and/or big sign in bonus. Well those money get off the SP. If you would've bought that player from the normal market, the sum you pay for him goes to other team, the money rest in SP.
- i agree with you about the emotional attachement to the players, like you i cannot consider them just numbers in a database. Still, the problem with the players that get on the transfer list and nobody buys them is not like you said it. Because: If you buy a player offering him a 30k salary, 30k victory bonus and 1M sign in bonus and you get scared and want to toss it out ... well you cannot do that so easy. You have 3 options:
1. put it on normal transfer market (price 0) - nobody will buy it because of his salary
2. put it on free transfer market (option yes, free). then:
- if someone makes an offer and takes it ... he didn't leave SP
- if nobody offers him because of his big contract ... he will remain in your team, eating your money :D - so he does not dissapear from SP
3. fire him - he will go on the free transfer market, nobody buys him and so he dissapears from SP. BUT, for you to fire him ... you will have to pay him that big contract, pay him like he would've stayed in your team for all the contract. And at such a big contract he would be happy for the rest of his "outside SP" life.

So, for me, this system is one of the best things that SP has. It may not be too realistic but he is doing his job extremely well helping to keep an equilibrium in SP.
I hope you understand that.
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

dawron wrote:
one wonders what the hell are You looking for? Are You just rising your Budget? I
exactly :D :D 8)
Woko

Post by Woko »

Bunicutzu is right, but...
The contract of player with such a big wages can end - player disappears...
The majority of these players are bought by new managers who don´t know what does it mean for future (they only see "for free"), they bankrupt, team ends - player disappears...
Jantar FC
Největší úspěch v minulém působení - 18.sezona - 1. v E.43
Nyní - boj v D.9
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

well ... that happens with all the players, not only with the free transfered ones.
as for the contract's sum ... it is the market who makes it. because of the concurence. when i began SP, i was buying free players offering them 1-10k salary and now i cannot buy anything without at least 20k salary.
so if you're buying tomatoes with 3 euro/kg now and 10 years ago you bought them with 1 euro ... nobody cares that you will go bankrupt. nobody forces you to buy them, you can grow them in your own garden.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Some good points, Bunicutzu.

It's an interesting observation that there is a general inflation due to the way the game generates money. Ofc. it will put an upwards pressure on player prices and wages. And the 'free' players will absorb some of it by giving access to insane salaries.

Inflation will also drive up transfer prices. In the long run all this should even out, assuming the total # of managers remain constant.

But firstly, it doesn't. SP is still growing, isn't it?

And secondly, the market may regulate through the price, but the inflation doesn't hit everyone equally. In fact inflation will cause some entry problems (new players). It will get harder to advance higher into the hierachy and this in return might discourage new managers. You might see a lot more drop outs from ppl who find them selves stalled at G-D or wherever it is.

I see from the vatious topics here, that there are ways to secure an income for the hefty player wages. That way is through intense player trading.

But as I pointed out in another thread, this method cannot be used universally. It only works for the unknow, but minor, amount of you because you can profit on the total sum of managers who finance your geared player transactions.

It is not that obvious how-to. ANd you know that because you are reluctant to explain exactly how those fortunes are earned on the transfer market. It's understandable as it's sort of a business secret.

But you just have to realise that all this is in darkness for a lot of newcomers. They'll only see the brutal cut-off in prices for players with end-ratings over 80% (seem to me that this is a breakpoint, but it could be higher). Or the intense gamble on 17 yo players with unknown end-ratings.

So the idea with my initial post was: can we do something to mitigate the transition from 70-ish players to 80-ish players so that you don't have to be a transfer market junky to do well in this game? My suggestion was a decay so that players erroneously waged too high could eventually come into play again.

And I can't see why you day-traders would object to it btw. It would create more tradeable objects for you if you can spot the players that are sliding back in salary (and I bet yuou can).
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”