Ability to set individual order for subs

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

cruxify
Team President

Ability to set individual order for subs

Post by cruxify »

I think we should be able to set individual orders for substitutes. It wouldn't make a huge difference but it would still be a good feature. It also might just help in one of those really close matches. I really don't find any cons for this so if you think of any let me know.

My idea is to put it on the same page as the current individual order screen. Just put a little space between the last player then add the five subs. It would look something like this:

Position Name Order
SB|GK _____ Play it out

And so on and so forth.
terry
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by terry »

That's a good idea, but Sjarel is already thinking about that idea. It will come in the future, but we don't know when...
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

but there is a small problem ... there are only 5 substitutes to cover 9-10 field posts (in 3-4-3 tactics only CM is doubled so there are 10 posts). so for the GK is easy, but if i put a RB/LB/RM/LM as substitute and he has "play along wing" as individual order ... he may substitute an CB/CM where that individual order is no longer available ... same for CF who has targetman and he enters in a place of RF/LF

i agree with the idea but it's not easy to implement it.
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

bunicutzu wrote:but there is a small problem ... there are only 5 substitutes to cover 9-10 field posts (in 3-4-3 tactics only CM is doubled so there are 10 posts). so for the GK is easy, but if i put a RB/LB/RM/LM as substitute and he has "play along wing" as individual order ... he may substitute an CB/CM where that individual order is no longer available ... same for CF who has targetman and he enters in a place of RF/LF

i agree with the idea but it's not easy to implement it.
I never thought of that. That's a very good point. Perhaps have it so if the player has to cover a different position his individual order is set to normal? But I suppose that contradicts the update..

What would you suggest could be done?
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

if he would have had a sugestion, we would have seen it. we just have to think at a good way to implement this.
mosmartin

Post by mosmartin »

There is nothing that can be done I think since the substitution is not made by the manager.

I would 100% prefer a substitute player to play normal order then a wrong order.
renitsa
Assistant Coach

Post by renitsa »

maybe it can be done like this:
in the individual order window, there will appear also the five substitutes, and you can select an individual order for them.
if the substitute is to used on his position, the special order will apply. if not, it won't.

it seems quite easy to do it...
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

One of these other manager games I played had live games (text based).

That's where you could really benefit from doing the right substitutions. Untill then I think it's a bit of an overkill. Subs don't seem to do all that much of a difference.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
renitsa
Assistant Coach

Post by renitsa »

in some games, it may make a difference. and it's also an interesting option.
even more interesting it would be if during the simulations, there would be made subs according to the situation of the team. if it loses, draws or wins (this was proposed already). however, it seems complicated to achieve.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”