higher transfer commissions

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

renitsa
Assistant Coach

higher transfer commissions

Post by renitsa »

This has been proposed in the transfer number limitation topic, but I think it deserves more attention. In short, the proposal would be to increase the percent of the total amount paid to the agent and the previous team to about 10% total - 8% to previous team and 2% to the agent. or 7 and 3 maybe.
The result in the long term would be reducing the gap between lower divisions and higher divisions teams.

In the short term:
1. it may actually make it harder for lower divisions teams to reach the upper divisions, because it will reduce the transfer gain for the new active buyers and sellers. This will also lead to a strengthening of the top division teams.
2. may lead to a slight increase in prices, especially for direct transfers, as sellers will want to cover the percentage lost from the commissions.

However, in the long term - 2-3 seasons:
1. it will decrease the gap between the top and lower division teams, as the money will be redistributed relatively evenly throughout the divisions. since the top teams make the highest buys, they will pay the highest percentages, usually to lower division teams. The lower division teams, will, on average, pay less commission since they usually make lower-value expenditures. Overall, the teams of the lower divisions, even the high-trading ones will have more to earn, since they will keep the players that are good for them, but not good enough for the the upper-division teams.
2. some of the prices will lower, because of the increased percent paid to the agent - 2-3% of each transfer are eliminated from the game, meaning less total money. other segments of the market, especially the lower-value market, may increase though, as the lower-division teams will have more money.
3. increase the complexity of the tactical approach to the game and long-term thinking. teams will rely slightly more on the game strategy. team rebuilds will become less advantageous.
4. give an inflation management tool. i.e. if inflation gets high, the amount given to the agent can increase by 1 or 2%, while the total commission remains the same.

as a conclusion: this measure will allow in the long term a redistribution of capital that would be to the advantage of the lower division teams and thus would increase competition.
Last edited by renitsa on Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renitsa
Assistant Coach

Post by renitsa »

I'm surprized to see there are no replies to this one..
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

Well, here is one:

- I like the idea in general. The day traders will hate it and hence I doubt it will ever come through.

I have no opinion on the exact numbers - I'm too new to evaluate their effect.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

I never saw the post before :P
I'm not sure, but it would be okay for me. Now we get like 1%?
That has never a significant sum for me, each time I get a message I'm disappointed by the money I get from it ;-)
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

How about adopting the UEFA rules?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
renitsa
Assistant Coach

Post by renitsa »

what would that mean?
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Let the commission be decided by the number of seasons he played for a team, in combination with his age.
There are lots of possibilities I guess. Interesting idea.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
hannibal
Team President

Post by hannibal »

I'm strongly opposed to your idee.
Especially the money going to the manager is really bothering me. In real life, this manager is actually working for his money(contacting clubs, advertising his player etc....). What does the manager do in this game? Whenever I'm selling a player, I'm the one doing the hard work, I'm the one advertising my player. So if anyone deserves extra money it should be ME.

As for smaller clubs getting more money... in general it's easier to trade a lot for smaller teams, since teamspirit is less important for them. They should try to get as much money for their players as possible instead of relying on a bonus of a sale someone else made.

The only possibility I can imagine is adding a clause stipulating a percentage when a player is sold on. That way the amount is negotiated fair and square and both managers know what to expect.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”