Cup - Prize money

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

hannibal
Team President

Cup - Prize money

Post by hannibal »

Hi, I qualified for the cup today, so I'm in the 8th round.
To play the cup, I risk injuries and fatigue, knowing that there is as good as no chance I'll win it. And meanwhile I'm in a tight race for the championship(D.5).
For all this I am penalized with "a fine" of 280.000 SP-dollars. That's what playing six rounds have won me, a loss of 280.000.
This isn't just unfair, it is bullshit. Compare it with qualifying for the Champions league and then having to pay for it.
If this system is continued, there is no reason to even play the cup, since chances of winning are very slim. I'm strongly considering dropping out in the first round next season.

So please Sjarel, raise the prize money for the cup. For the cup to be worthwhile playing, I think you should at least double it.

Greetz
I love it when a plan comes together.
renitsa
Assistant Coach

Post by renitsa »

i would support the increase of the prizes only for the first 9 or 10 rounds or so. afterwards, the prizes are pretty good already.
hannibal
Team President

Post by hannibal »

renitsa wrote:i would support the increase of the prizes only for the first 9 or 10 rounds or so. afterwards, the prizes are pretty good already.
Honestly, I never got that far. :D
02knowlesm
Team Manager

Post by 02knowlesm »

I agree. The soccerproject cups money needs to be increased and a change in the division prize money. As a 1st for Division H receives more than 2nd in Division A. It seems slightly unrealistic.
Nottingham Forest & Chelsea fan
bregovicion82
Coach

Post by bregovicion82 »

Yeah, increase the cup prize money only from round 8-9... and what about the others... the majority of managers from H,G... even F and E...? if you increase the prize money only when "the creme" is remained... that means who already has money will have much... and there is a huge gap between divisions... so that the ones from lower divisions in fact don't have any chance to go upper...
Just think for everybody when you will do a change, not only for A, B,C...
after all.... soccerproject is about H to A, not only C-A....
terry
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by terry »

There's already enough money in the game.
The cup- and division-prizes are raised only a few months ago, so it's fine to me. If you want to earn money in the cup you should get farther then round 10, so if you aren't goed enough for that, let your B-team play and you only win money!
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
hannibal
Team President

Post by hannibal »

terry wrote:There's already enough money in the game.
The cup- and division-prizes are raised only a few months ago, so it's fine to me. If you want to earn money in the cup you should get farther then round 10, so if you aren't goed enough for that, let your B-team play and you only win money!
Sorry Terry, but that is nonsense.
I'm not just speaking for myself here. I'm currently in D-division and this season is the first time I got this far. Most managers in H/G/F and even E-division won't get this far.
If I get knocked out next round I'll have a loss over 300.000 SP-dollars that just doesn't make sense.
And note that I let my B-team play, so that makes no difference.
I feel that playing and winning in the cup should be rewarded, not penalized. If the intention of the cup is to only let high division-managers gain money starting round 10 there is something fundamentally wrong.
Anyways, next year I'm out first round. Any friendly cup generates more money than the actual cup and is less trouble when it comes to fatigue.
terry

Post by terry »

Oh no, a little mistake, playing with your B-team doesn't make any difference... I'm sorry, but I'm still against an increase of the prize money. There's just to much money in the game so if we increase the money again the inflation will go on and on and on...

Maybe they should raise the players wages...

Jupiler-McDonalds
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

I understand the problem, but I also agree with Terry that there’s too much money out there as it is.

How about keeping the price money as is but changing the distribution of the income from the Cup games, so that both teams playing get the same amount? In reality, the motivation to play in the Cup (apart from the prestige) is getting financially rewarded when drawn against highly-ranked teams.
hannibal
Team President

Post by hannibal »

zandyy wrote:I understand the problem, but I also agree with Terry that there’s too much money out there as it is.
I disagree with that statement.
But what you're actually saying is that there's too much money in the game so managers should lose money playing the cup to even out the inflation. :?:
That kind of logic doesn't make any sense.
The only effect of losing money in the cup is that many managers will try to get out as soon as possible and only the top managers will advance. So in the end the top managers, who complain that there's too much money in the game, will be the only ones to benefit from the cup and gain even more.
terry

Post by terry »

There are managers with more then € 200M. Every manager starts with 2M, so there's really to much money in the game. You get money every game thanks to the fans. You get money by advertising boards, a good result in the division and a good result in the cup, so you get money from everywhere and it's even not enough?

You should get your money from another place, the transfer market for example... :wink:

Jupiler-McDonalds
hannibal
Team President

Post by hannibal »

terry wrote:There are managers with more then € 200M. Every manager starts with 2M, so there's really to much money in the game. You get money every game thanks to the fans. You get money by advertising boards, a good result in the division and a good result in the cup, so you get money from everywhere and it's even not enough?

You should get your money from another place, the transfer market for example... :wink:
That's exactly right, managers with 200M didn't get their money from cup revenues but from transfers.
But that's all besides the point. I repeat the question: why entering a cup with very slim to no chance of winning it, risking injuries and fatigue and on top of that losing money? Without a decent bonus there's really no reason to participate in the cup.
And to be clear, I don't expect millions to be awarded, but at least a fair compensation for the "trouble". Certainly not a financial penalty.
terry

Post by terry »

For me the cup is just a case of honour, money isn't important. :wink:
An A-division winner receives "only" 3M, that isn't very much, but that's also only a case of honour. :wink:

Jupiler-McDonalds
hannibal
Team President

Post by hannibal »

terry wrote:For me the cup is just a case of honour, money isn't important. :wink:
An A-division winner receives "only" 3M, that isn't very much, but that's also only a case of honour. :wink:
True, and I'm not expecting to get rich playing the cup, but losing money is a step too far. I'm not asking for millions here, only a fair compensation.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”