'Discriminated' positions

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Woko
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Woko »

keyelpk wrote:i'm not unappy. actualy i proposed for a certian thing to be changed- not to completely
Sure, same as me...
Jantar FC
Největší úspěch v minulém působení - 18.sezona - 1. v E.43
Nyní - boj v D.9
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

like in reality, there are positions and positions. some are "cheaper" some are more wanted meaning more expensive.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

zandyy wrote:I don’t understand the idea here.

At the moment, some positions are worth more than others. An SW is worth less that an LF, that is worth less than an LM, that is worth less than a CM. This is one of the basic fundamentals of the game, and a lot revolves around it. If you make SW’s able to play also as CB’s, you in effect make them more valuable than CB’s, which are now the second-most valuable position.

The hierarchy in value is one of the most basic issues for strategic planning in this game. Experienced managers know how to use this hierarchy. Some do play with SW’s; some would rather invest in CF’s and don’t use RF’s and LF’s. Changing this will change everything basically. And what for? Because someone’s unhappy about receiving an SW as a youth?
Why would this hierachy be so important?

It's interesting to have players at different importance, but why a SW would be rockbottom beats me.

In RL a SW is worth bucketloads of gold.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

SBroccoli wrote: Why would this hierachy be so important?
This specific hierarchy isn’t holy, and as you say it is not even realistic, but if you change it now, whole teams’ valuations will alter extremely, and that will be even less realistic, nor fair. Every idea has pros and cons and in this case it seems to me the cons outweigh the pros by a mile. It sounds more of an opportunistic idea than anything else - and I apologise if that wasn't the intension of the author, but this is what it comes down to.

And anyway, in any hierarchy there has to be one position that is the least valuable. Here, as things stand it is SW. It could have been another position. Does it matter in essence?
dragosh***
Team President

Post by dragosh*** »

SBroccoli wrote:Why would this hierachy be so important?

It's interesting to have players at different importance, but why a SW would be rockbottom beats me.

In RL a SW is worth bucketloads of gold.
In soccerproject there are few managers that play with a 5 defenders tactic, where SW's can play at their best in the middle between the CB's.
As a result they are not bided and their price is lower than the price of the same players on other positions.
Cine te-a sfatuit sa fii tu insuti , te-a sfatuit gresit...
EX-Manager: Dragosh***
EX-Team:Fc Steaua Bucharest***
gerben
Team Manager

Post by gerben »

sweepers are players who can play at each position, left, middle, right. mostly behind the other defenders. why is asweeper here only useful in a 5 man defending system. he should play good in each position, so he becomes very important. like he is an RB,CB,LB all in one
once a blue always a blue, everton 4 life

david moyes, vrebos fc
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

I still don't know if the SW plays in position in 5-4-1 or not???
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

SBroccoli wrote:I still don't know if the SW plays in position in 5-4-1 or not???
Assuming you're asking if SW play effectively in 5-4-1, the answer is yes. Sweeper plays "properly" with 5 men at the back.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

In that case, I'd call it an overstatement to call the SWs 'garbage'.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

gerben wrote:sweepers are players who can play at each position, left, middle, right. mostly behind the other defenders. why is asweeper here only useful in a 5 man defending system. he should play good in each position, so he becomes very important. like he is an RB,CB,LB all in one
i don't think sweepers are players who play well everywhere (in the defense). In field, the role of a sweeper is in the back of the CBs, the last player in front of the keeper. Like Lothar Matthaeus was. Like Baresi or like Beckenbauer. In the modern football there has been a slight movement of this position in front, becoming a DM (defensive midfielder) so the tactic needing a sweeper is not used anymore.
terry

Post by terry »

bunicutzu wrote:
gerben wrote:sweepers are players who can play at each position, left, middle, right. mostly behind the other defenders. why is asweeper here only useful in a 5 man defending system. he should play good in each position, so he becomes very important. like he is an RB,CB,LB all in one
i don't think sweepers are players who play well everywhere (in the defense). In field, the role of a sweeper is in the back of the CBs, the last player in front of the keeper. Like Lothar Matthaeus was. Like Baresi or like Beckenbauer. In the modern football there has been a slight movement of this position in front, becoming a DM (defensive midfielder) so the tactic needing a sweeper is not used anymore.

But Greece is the reigning European Champion and they played with a SW on the EC 2004. :wink:

So maybe the modern football is wrong? :)
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

The biggest problem in 5 man defence formation (where a SW plays it's best) is you still need 2 good CB. And if you already have 2 good Cb you prefer 4 man defence rather than 5 b'cos it gives you more options in midfield/forwards settings.

So people in SP rarely use 5 man defence and the SW become the neglected unfortunate soul.
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

The logic is very simple guys. Consider the most costly positions: CB, CM, CF (leaving GK whom you need in a match anyway).

So in SP with 5 defence system you have 2 formation option : 5-4-1 and 5-3-2
In 5-4-1 system you need 2 CB + 2 CM + 1 CF = 5 Costly Positions
In 5-3-2 systems you need 2 CB + 1 CM + 2 CF = 5 Costly Positions

Whereas in 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 formations
4-3-3: 2 CB + 1 CM + 1CF = 4 Costly Positions
3-4-3: 1 CB + 2 CM + 1 CF = 4 Costly Positions

The most costliest strategy is 3-5-2 and 4-5-1 so they are rarely used.

In SP there is no special points awarded for your formation strategy so people will always prefer a low cost strategy. That's why most of them play with 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Partially true, but the actual formation isn't always about cost, but also tactics.

So even if a 5-4-1 might be a more expensive formation, it could still pay off.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Btw.: exactly how big a penalty does a SW get for playing CB, LB or RB?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”