Something should be done about the publicity

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

terry wrote:
I think this is what Sjarel etc wants but before you can increase the advertising money and the victory bonus you should take a lot of money out of the game. If you increase that money now there should come a lot more money so the inflation should go very fast and good players should became unpayable... :wink:
I agree that we should not increase the money abruptly but Terry it's high time we think of an alternative to transfermarket. And the best alternative to transfer martket is our own stadium.
Well currently there is no big gain in putting the money on stadium. I mean look at the current ADV boards. a 4 days ADV gives you 9500 as well as a 20 day ADV. It's totally bullshit man.
I think the amount for ADV boards should vary as well. I'm proposing 2 ideas:
1. For each ADV slot free there could be 3 day bidding period. The bidding ADV boards have variable amount + variable days + variable no. of bids per day(1-4). So at the end of 3 days we have a good amount of ADV boards available to choose from. If you doesn't choose them within 3 days , all the bids will be lost on the fourth day and and a new period of 3 day bidding will start. The sponsers can withdraw there bids in between the 3 days.

2.A season or half season long sponsers campaing for Shirts, stadium name, etc. There will be 5 day bidding for the sponsres. The sponsers will pay an initial one time big amount (variable) + per day amount for the duration of the sponsership (variable).

the sponsers may also provide other options like paying 50% of stadium maitainence cost or 30% of your best players fees or 10% of merchendise sale per season etc.
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

20 days?

The only offer I had for a week now was ~40 days for 9.4 k....
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

SBroccoli wrote:20 days?

The only offer I had for a week now was ~40 days for 9.4 k....
Ya that was I was saying it's totally bullshit.
terry

Post by terry »

It's a very nice idea, but it isn't as simple as you say. :wink:

Now there's already to much money in the game, you agree with that, don't you?
I totally agree with your idea when you say that there should come an alternative for the Transfer Market but because all the money that's already in the game that's not possible...

Example:
Now a youth player with a HS of 100 'll cost you 5M. If we give managers more money from ADV boards etc that players will cost 6M in season 24. And it will go on and on...

I think you should give managers just enough money for pay their players wages, the managers from A need more money then the managers from G so they need more Advertising and they should sell more tickets.
If you want more money you should seek another way to get money. The Transfer market for example, but also your Youth Centre will give you a lot of money.

I think the players agents should take more money to save the game from became a trading-game. So if we get a lot of money out of the game we can raise the advertising boards etc...
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

Well terry I hadn't say my solution will be simple. And also I hadn't say that it will be implemented overnight. What I was suggesting that the transfer market should be penalised not the ADV or stadium.

If you keep on penalising the ADV boards then the only way remains for getting huge money is from transfer market. So you are pushing people towards the transfer market not away from it. In return the inflation will rise since the number of managers are rising. Every season the youth palyer price will rise.

The new managers put a lot of money on the transfer market and then realise that they are in financial crisis and left the game. How many times we see this kind of situation. The fact is we can not control the transfer market. So don't push the managers towards transfer market. In place give them an alternative to transfer market.

I suggest the transfer market should be implemented with window system. Each season only twice the transfer window will open, when you can trade the players. This will limit the horse trading. The socond is reduce the number of transfers per season to 10 sell 10 buy.

Taxing the transfer or increasing the players managers fee will not help b'cos the veteran transfer market traders are genius :wink:
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

WHatever can be said about inflation, the fact remains, that atm advertising boards are partially unusable. So something should be done about that.

I find it hard to actually judge what would be the best way to cut inflation, however. Higher transfer taxes might indeed do it, but it depends on the major sources of income in the game. If e.g. if a major part of the problem is the induction of money from newbies joining, burning a lot of money on transfers and then quitting, there's a different solution available.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
terry

Post by terry »

YouKnowWho wrote:I suggest the transfer market should be implemented with window system. Each season only twice the transfer window will open, when you can trade the players. This will limit the horse trading. The socond is reduce the number of transfers per season to 10 sell 10 buy.
I think on long term we should go to the 20/20, maybe even 10/10 and I think it 'll be better then. I don't like the idea when you say we open the TM just 2 times a season, just 20(or 10) transfers a season should be a good solution. :wink:
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
calin_g

Post by calin_g »

limiting the maximum number of transfers to 20 or 30 per season seems a great ideea to me. the present system is pretty sci-fi... the real football clubs make between 2-3 and 10-15 transfers in a season. what happens in SP is just out of this world. why aren't the clubs imposited for their earnings?? In the EU, the football clubs pay taxes just like any other companyes (i think that they pay too the 19% unique tax... though i'm not sure about that..) these 2 seem great ideeas to me for cutting down the inflation
calin_g

Post by calin_g »

opening the market just 2 times a season, although it has it's advantages, could affect the managers who go on vacations or, for any other reasons, have little time to make transfers in that period.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Yes, bad idea.

It sometimes takes awfully long hauling a transfer in allready (even with a final IBP).

Cutting the transfer options down to two windows will just make it a hysterical mess of insane overbidding or IBPs.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
Fallen.Cze
Team President

Post by Fallen.Cze »

And now, can you imagine, that all accounts would be cut to half? Some kind of radical and fast solution...
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

You mean all the teams cash?

I'd support that.... :twisted:
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
rood
Team President

Post by rood »

Fallen.Cze wrote:And now, can you imagine, that all accounts would be cut to half? Some kind of radical and fast solution...
X-TENZO, cicco, frrfrr....did you see that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

and this also:
You mean all the teams cash?

I'd support that....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How about cutting all budgets to 1/10th :lol: :lol: and transfer limit per season to lets say 3 sales and 3 buys! Like in real life!!! :D

Everybody digs up a fresh start! What a thrill!!! :lol:
It is physically impossible for PIGS, to look up into the sky!
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

calin_g wrote:limiting the maximum number of transfers to 20 or 30 per season seems a great ideea to me. the present system is pretty sci-fi... the real football clubs make between 2-3 and 10-15 transfers in a season.
I think that there are clubs that make much more transfers in a season. because there are players that you don't know about, like messi who was bought at 11 years and so on. a lot of young players are bought without knowing, only the A players you know about. the rest ... the "fresh blood" you know nothing about till they become good players. When has Arsenal bought all those young players? and you think they didn't bought others too? just you haven't heard about them yet ... and not all of them become good so they are sold before becoming important figures.
So i think that there are clubs that make more than 20-30 tranfers per year. only we don't know about all the youngsters that they buy.
robert
Team Board Member

Post by robert »

I havent got any boardings at all the last week :(
What about maybe removing the boardings and lets say get 5% of your income instead? for each match or mid weekly or weekly?
-----------------
Robert
Manager of VIF FC

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”