better frienly games pool

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Werder_fan
Team Manager

better frienly games pool

Post by Werder_fan »

I believe the pool for friendly games is rather messy right now.I find a team and I want to click on it in order to see more datails but when I return back to the pool in a few seconds to accept the invitation,the team is not where it was .Instead,when I search for another team to play with,I by chance find the previous one on a completely different page.Something must be done so that the teams are "anchored"in the pool according to the time they entered it.Like queueing,in other words.Now I spend a lot of time searching for teams to play with and I wish this changes in the future.
gazza88
Team Manager

Post by gazza88 »

If you have tabbed browsing, then you can always right-click the name of the team and open in a new tab, you can then decide on whether you still want to accept or deny the proposition.
Manager Name: gazza1988
Team Name: Mansfield Town
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

Oh,thanks :D I hadn't thought of that.But I still reckon even this is not necessary if there is a specification about the place in a league of a given team.This already exists when subsribing for a public friendly cup :P
keyelpk
Team Manager

Post by keyelpk »

i think 'pool' and 'block' features shall get integrated alltogether with the existing fixtures/results feature.

like, for SPFA members, instead of viewing 'fixtures' link, shall see 'game center' link- a place to view slots, to choose to block or to pool them, and to view his past and upcoming games on one screen.

or, maybe just add 'search' feature in 'pool' so users can view their desired slot in a blink.
Ugochukwu
Team Manager

Re: better frienly games pool

Post by Ugochukwu »

Werder_fan wrote:I believe the pool for friendly games is rather messy right now.I find a team and I want to click on it in order to see more datails but when I return back to the pool in a few seconds to accept the invitation,the team is not where it was .Instead,when I search for another team to play with,I by chance find the previous one on a completely different page.Something must be done so that the teams are "anchored"in the pool according to the time they entered it.Like queueing,in other words.Now I spend a lot of time searching for teams to play with and I wish this changes in the future.
The same happens to me :D
South Coast SC
Assistant Manager

Post by South Coast SC »

My suggestion: to separate days in the pool. So that, for example, I don't have to click through 75 pages just to get to the simulation times for 6 days ahead of today. It's not necessary to separate 10:00 or 22:00... just Friday, Saturday, etc.

To those who complained about checking a team's stats and then choosing to accept/deny the invitation... I usually click the accept button, then when it asks for confirmation I click the team and check out their rating. Then I click the "back" button in the browser and click "yes" or "no" for confirmation. This of course gets messy if you click around their profile too much, but it should work if you just see one page and go back.

A secondary suggestion: create separate pools for A, B...G,H division friendlies. I click through 50 or 100 pages just trying to find the odd H team in the pool. I understand this isn't realistic because too many F or G sides will seek out the easy H teams, but it would make it easier at least for H teams like me that want balanced competition. Maybe only create a separate pool for H teams to seek H friendlies? This might be really useful for teams in their first season as a sort of introduction to the friendly invitation system.

Anyways, separating days in the pool is useful for everyone.
South Coast 10-season Anniversary

S30 - F.109
S29 - 1st in G.326
S28 - 4th in G.326; S27 - 8th in G.326; S26 - 1st in H.978; S25 - 3rd in H.978; S24 - 15th in G.326; S23 - 2nd in H.978; S22 - 3rd in H.978; S21 - 3rd in H.978; S20 - 8th in H.978
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

There's a work around for this.

If you look at the URL when you are watching a page in the pool, there's a number at the end of the URL. That's the current page.

You can try to advance one page and see how the URL changes.

Now, simply overwrite the number with a larger one and press enter. The pool will jump to a position x number of offers further down.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
redsman1
Groundsman

Post by redsman1 »

currently the pool sorts by day and time there is no other option, how about being able to sort by division? i want to find H games, i dont care date and time, ill gladly go thru the dates and times once i gather them all in one spot :D thanks.
Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re:

Post by Razvanica »

keyelpk wrote:or, maybe just add 'search' feature in 'pool' so users can view their desired slot in a blink.
I just want to say thank you to the programmers. For those who haven't noticed, this feature was implemented without any fuss.
Harder, better, faster, stronger

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”