Several simultaneous friendly invitations for same time slot

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

killer1982
Assistant Manager

Several simultaneous friendly invitations for same time slot

Post by killer1982 »

as it is now, you can only invite one team for a friendly at a certain time slot. that other team may or may not respond (accept/decline). Hence a time slot is occupied for very long without knowing if you will get to play that friendly.
Wouldn't it be possible to invite several teams for a friendly in the same time slot, and then when one team accepts, all other invitation for that time slot are cancelled?
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

No need for this feature.When I send a friendly invitation to another team,I see the last time the manager logged on.If I notice later that he had logged on after that and he hasn't accepted,I cancel the invitation-obviously the friendly match won't be played. :wink:
Korsarul_negru
Team Board Member

Post by Korsarul_negru »

Don't agree. If you can accept more invitations on the same simulation you`ll be sure that a game will be played at that time, but how certain will the other teams be about the game????? So this idea is not a solution to the problem :(

Semneaza petitia impotriva reactoarelor nucleare daca nu vrei sa retraiesti Cernobalul

Iti plac jocurile de browser? Arunca un ochi poate o sa iti placa si asta ;)
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

I disagree with the two replies:
No need for this feature.When I send a friendly invitation to another team,I see the last time the manager logged on.If I notice later that he had logged on after that and he hasn't accepted,I cancel the invitation-obviously the friendly match won't be played.
You can still do that with the feature I am suggesting - you can just invite one team and then continue to do as you explain here. However, if you are interested in playing a match on that particular time slot, and want to be sure to find an opponent among your contacts, then having the option of inviting more than one team would be a nice addition

Don't agree. If you can accept more invitations on the same simulation you`ll be sure that a game will be played at that time, but how certain will the other teams be about the game????? So this idea is not a solution to the problem
I think I was not clear enough in my suggestion> I am not suggesting that you can accept or recieve more invitations, but that you can make more than one invitation for a certain time slot. Then, when a team accepts, all other invited teams are told that the invitation has been cancelled.

This is in fact what happens when you invite for a friendly cup. If you have set up a cup for 8 teams, and invited 20, then when the cup is fully subscribed the reamining teams get a message that the invitation has been cancelled. I am merely suggesting that this feature is extended from the friendly cup to also include friendly matches.
Last edited by killer1982 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

Mate,

My take is that it’s not a good idea unless it comes to solve a problem. I don’t see the problem here. It sounds like a waste of energy for the developers.

Besides, it will cause a problem to some. Have a look a couple of topics down, a topic called “blocked matches”, were the leader of the A division admits he stills needs to use friendly invitations to block slots. Your idea will disable this function.
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

admittedly it is not a huge problem. however, I also don't think it is a big task for the developers. The function is already there for friendly cups, and could just be extended to friendly games.

I often find that managers do not reject an invitation, they simply delete the message. Hence I need to check their log-in all the time to know whether or not they may have read it. With this feature, the first one to accept plays.

with regards to the problem of blocking time slots with invitations, this does not disable that function. You will still have the option of inviting only one team, and that could be the team that you agree with not to accept (and not to reject, obviously, as that would re-open the time slot) the invitation so as to block the slot. So I don't really see the problem with this small added feature.

I find it a bit strange that there is that much resistance to a relatively inoccuous suggestion that just adds a little and doesn't harm anything?

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”