Option to limit open cups to your own level

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Should there be an option to have a limited cup in addition to the open and the private cup?

Yes, of course, that is a splendid idea
66%
No, there is no need for that
34%

Total votes: 64

piciu_brunet
Coach

Re: Option to limit open cups to your own level

Post by piciu_brunet »

I'm in H, it's my second season. I for one join cups with groups (32 or 16 teams usualy) not for win the cup but for winning money (home and away), and Team Spirit. I know that I will lose agains A-G teams, but I still join this cups, they have big stadiums and I win some money from there too. There are a lot of good teams (over 60 overall) in H division too, so if you make a criteria it should be team overall, it has nothing to do with leagues!!!
I know what you'll say "Fans apreciation will decrease", but it will grow back if you defeat a league team.
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Re: Option to limit open cups to your own level

Post by killer1982 »

I am not sure I fully understood the last reply to this. However, with some of the comments here and in other threads I have come to believe that the most fair way to do this, would be to have starting date (i.e. the date the team was created) as the criteria for who can participate in the limited cup.
This would emphasize the management aspect of the game. If your team is better than mine, despite us starting on the same date, then it would be fair to say that you have managed your team better. So using this as a criteria for who to participate (i.e. team that started on the same date as - or later than - the one who creates the cup), would be the most fair limitation and the one that puts most emphasis on the management aspect.

Surely, Sjarel, given that most of those responding to this suggestion are in favour of it, and that it has been raised by a number of other managers, and given that the motto is 'can you manage it' this is a good thing to implement?

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”