no
13%
i don't care
5%

Total votes: 40

Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

Financially it certainly seems better than today. But the best solution would be to keep the random H/A away factor of cups draws and at the same time guarentee a minimum income.

Couldn't it be solved by putting prize money for making each round at a better level?
PipkiN
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by PipkiN »

Notwell wrote:Financially it certainly seems better than today. But the best solution would be to keep the random H/A away factor of cups draws and at the same time guarentee a minimum income.

Couldn't it be solved by putting prize money for making each round at a better level?
Let's hope you will advance into high division, you'll change your mind..
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

Remember,larger stadium doesn't necceserily mean more income,the ticket prize is also very important.An example:in the next round I'll play away against a team on the 5. place of a E division.The stadium is 10000 places,mine is very small for an E team,ony 7000."Lucky me",thought I after remembering this topic here.Well,not quite,since the manager has set a cup ticket prize of...12 euro :shock: although his fan base is nearly 22000!! :evil: If the game was on my stadium,it would be better for both teams because I'll set a prize of 20-21 euro and will have all 7000 places full.

Nevertheless,the idea is good,I supported it by voting"yes' Hopefuly my case is an exception and such thing rarely happens to anyone :)

I even remember some time ago a suggestion that went further.The final should be played on the biggest stadium in SP so that the best managers really get awarded for their hard effords.This happens in many countries in real life,too-cup finals are played on the best,largest stadiums but to be honest I must say the implementation of this idea in Sp could be rather difficult,I'm affraid. :?
Howl
Team Manager

Post by Howl »

To revisit this topic, I just made some calculations about my current cup run. So far this cup, I have made a profit of 266,051 euros. I have a home game on Saturday (against an F-Division squad) and, if I win it, my overall profit for this season's cup should be approaching 400,000 euros.

400,000 euros may not be worth a whole lot of money to you moneybags in the A-Division, but 400,000 euros is worth a whole lot to my G-Division team. To give you an idea, I paid 400,000 for a striker last season and, within a few weeks, I turned around and flipped him for 550,000. A 37.5% return may not be sustainable, though my goal is to average around 30%. If I can average that 30% return, in four transfers, that 400,000 euros will turn into over 1.1 million.

To reiterate, having home advantage on Saturday could potentially make a big difference to my club's bottom line this season. These may not be huge dollar values, but after I let my returns compound, it will become significant to me.
sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

And don't forget the bonus you get at the end, based on how many rounds you played in the cup...

Edit: sorry, my input was totally irrelevant to this discussion :oops:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
denandere
Groundsman

Post by denandere »

Why not let the teams decide if they want to turn the game around to play in the other (bigger) stadium ?
I don't think it should be the biggest stadium by default.
(what if the difference is only 1000 seats ?)
jamiehutber
Team President

Post by jamiehutber »

PipkiN wrote:
Notwell wrote:Financially it certainly seems better than today. But the best solution would be to keep the random H/A away factor of cups draws and at the same time guarentee a minimum income.

Let's hope you will advance into high division, you'll change your mind..
Ummm i'm not in the higher ranks of the divisions. But i have problems with this whole idea. I feel this situation could only happen if you were in the semi final or final. Otherwise its just not realistic. Notwells idea of giving more money for advancing seems a much better idea. In the real world you wouldn't have the bigger teams complaining that they are playing a small club becuase of money. They would be happy that the game will be easy
(,")you're drunk! Yes my dear, but tomorrow i will be sober. and you, you will still be ugly (",)

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”