Cancel friendly cup subscription

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Cancel friendly cup subscription

Post by Frrfrr »

If you subscribed to some tournament and it has not started - there should be some option to unsubscribe, if this takes too much time to gather enough players.
Cup creator has the option to dismiss the tournament, but participants miss the option to go out if creator is stucked after longer time period.
Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Razvanica »

A 32 players cup listed as public takes like 1 day to fill up. I don't think a public cup ever stuck up. And if you are talking about a private cup, than you surely know the guy that started the cup so you can talk to him to dismiss it. Don't tell me that you accept friendly cup invitations from people you don't know :lol:
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

Razvanica wrote:A 32 players cup listed as public takes like 1 day to fill up.
you should be joking, right?
just check current cups like
Belgian Cup Final
or
Jája a Pája Cup 2
or
o karlovarský pohár

and you will understand it takes sometimes ages to fill up ...
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Well, that's because you joined them :lol: Nobody wants to loose their money to you. Maybe you should only join a cup when there are already 30 teams :lol:

Now, seriously, I never had this problem with my cups, but I don't really like your proposition. I am in G and when I join a cup I usually look to see who has already joined, not because I only want H teams but because I don't want to join some cup where lots of A and B teams are playing. Let's say I like to play against managers of my own level, and a game against a C or D team is a nice challenge from time to time. I don't like your idea because it could make me play in cups with a much higher level than the one I want. I'll explain. If I join a cup with 3-4 H teams, 5-6 G, 5-6 F and a couple of teams from C,D and then you join this cup and the other G and H teams see you and they get out... I can find myself playing only against E+ teams. And I am playing it for fun, but I don't like loosing every single game :lol:
Plus, I don't know why do you think it would be better for you, because I am not sure that teams which joined the cup before you would not get out of the cup when they see you(notice that almost only H teams or B teams join a cup after you do it, the former because they have no idea about the game yet and the Bs because they consider they can get in the top 4 or maybe win against you if you play your second/third team)
What can I say, it's tough beeing famous...
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Personally, I don't sign up for many cups larger than 4 players unless I think there's a very good chance I can make some money. If I see a cup with (for example) Frrrfrr, RSCA Prince, and Horiacles already signed up, what chance have I got?? And I'm not a terrible team (F league)--I have a better chance than many/most G or H teams.

Look at the Belgian Cup you mentioned: it was set up by a team in B, has the top team in A signed up, as well as a team leading a B league. Unless one has a VERY strong team (C league or better, or a very good team that plays their best 11 in cups, not league), it's a waste of money to join that cup.

I'm not trying to be mean Frrfrrr, just saying that if there's a cup that looks like I have no chance to make money, I'm not going to enter it! Especially a pure knock out cup, where there's no guarantee that I'd even get a home match. I'm guessing many other managers feel the same, and that is why those cups are taking longer than usual to fill up.
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

guys, I understand what you say, but it is completly different topic.
There is still no argument, why not to be able to unsubscribe, if this takes simply too long ... do you want to stuck subscribed managers in those cups? this is what you counterpropose and intent? (just to understand)
if you cant win then lets disqualify them they have no more open slots to participate elsewhere?
btw I just lost in Cyber Cup in quarterfinals :) very easy :)
winning big tournament is pretty tough ... like SP cup
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Frrfrr wrote:guys, I understand what you say, but it is completly different topic.
There is still no argument, why not to be able to unsubscribe, if this takes simply too long ... do you want to stuck subscribed managers in those cups? this is what you counterpropose and intent? (just to understand)
if you cant win then lets disqualify them they have no more open slots to participate elsewhere?
Well, like I said, if you can unsubscribe, everybody can unsubscribe and then every manager will have to pertmanently keep en eye on which team subscribes/unsubscribes if he doesn't want to find himself in wierd situation, playing against high-level teams.

What I mean is that now we have a situation where some very good managers are stuck in those cups, but this situation affects only 15-20 managers, while your proposition will affect everybody from H to E (maybe even D...) Plus, if you are going to win 1,5 millions from a cup, I guess it's worth waiting a week...
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

If people can enter and then easily withdraw from cups, do you honestly think that will make cups fill up FASTER or EASIER? Implement your suggestion and things will only get worse.

We are both saying this: if a cup is viewed as competitive to most players, there will be no problems filling it up.

If you don't want to wait, then don't sign up for a 32 team cup! If you don't want to wait, sign up for a cup with a low entry fee!

But if you sign up for a 32 team cup with a 150000 entry fee, you cannot expect it to fill up fast, especially if you have high rated teams already entered. Perhaps you've been in A too long, but 100,000+ is a lot of money for some teams to be carelessly throwing around in tournaments that you agree can be "pretty tough".
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

i don't agree with FrrFrr this time, if anybody could unsubscribe from FrCs ... then they will never fill up. because in the minuit that some "bigfish" like A team or B team would sign up, half of the teams will flee. so the "bigfish" will also flee and then again others will sign up, then agains will flee and so on. at least the 32 players cups will at least double their filling time
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

After reading all your posts, I have to agree with what many say... unsubscribing could create weird situations, so should not be possible.

As for you, Frrfrr. Like some-one else says, try to wait a little until the cup is almost full, and then join.
This would apply to most managers from A/B divisions.
If you subscribe too early, the risk of a cup not being played at all increases. It's a choice you have to make... it's the burden of being the best :wink:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

maybe we misunderstood

the unsubscribe would be possible just after some period of time ... e.g. 2-3 weeks - where you can not unsubscribe once you already in. this should be just for the cases where is more less clear it will be hard to start ...
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

Don't cups expire anyway after 2 weeks if they don't fill up? I know that's the case with private cups. If it isn't so for public cups, then maybe it should and that would solve Frrfrr's problem?
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

i think that period is 3 weeks ... i would vote yes for decreasing it to 2 weeks (if it's not already 2 weeks).
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Well, yeah, I can agree to that. i always thought Cups got cancelled sooner than that.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

how about being allowed to withdraw, but you lose the cup entry as a penalty, or you are fined a certain amount..?

sounds like a step above the nonsense being discussed here...
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”