I don't like it
37%
I couldn't care less but I like voting
11%

Total votes: 19

spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

I already said, you gain TS regardless of score/outcome, but you gain MORE for a win. Is that not correct? And isn't that logical? So you can lose every match and TS will increase (which seems a bit odd), but not as fast as if you win every match (which seems realistic). I want to say it is even stated in the rules or FAQ: TS rises more for a win than for a loss, especially in league matches.

As for TS affecting performance, it is a factor in determining line ratings (which determines who wins). You agree with this.

And of course promotion doesn't affect performance, because it is the RESULT of performance. Promotion is simply the outcome from consistent (for one whole season) great form. Promotion (along with cash prizes for places 3-5) leads to high ad revenues, higher fan base, so there are already rewards for consistent performance.
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

I had a look at the rules and you’re actually right, it says:

“You can increase your team spirit by playing matches, especially if you win”.

I have never actually noticed that. It doesn’t change the essence though.

The rest of the rewards you talk about are financial, not performance related. My idea talks about reflecting long-term success though the coach position, which currently is meaningless. Within a couple of weeks any coach achieves his max after training. With this position as a vessel, I’m offering to interlink factors that are currently not directly related. There are many existing links between factors – you are right – but long-term success of failure is not linked to performance, no matter how you look at it. It will add another twist and interest to the game, which is what SP is about. Continuous change is one of the things that help retain interest of existing managers in the game.

On your second point, it is debatable but I think promotion and relegation DO affect performance in real life, not only vice versa. And a coach (I use this term for convenience, noting earlier reservations) do gain and lose prestige in real life, and that too affects performance.

So, thanks mate for educating me about something I haven’t noticed in my 2 years here, but it is only a detail which should not affect one’s judgement of the idea at hand.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”