Independence for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ire

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

atleti scouse
Coach

Post by atleti scouse »

Good points but i know you've mentioned this but England has a national team, and to not have that on this game is fustrating. This is of course a football game and should'nt imo be decided on the United Nations etc. I think their are alot of people from the United Kingdom that play this game and i dont think my idea would be too hard to include. Thanks for the feedback.
sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

The Yugoslavia-issue will sort itself out over time.

I'm sure the same system can be applied to Great Britain. That means, it will take about 10 seasons to filter out 95% of the British players, and repopulate with English, Scottish, Welsh etcetera.
It's not the prettiest solution, but I guess the British managers can live with that?
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
atleti scouse
Coach

Post by atleti scouse »

Yeh thats a alternate option, simply get rid of British managers ( make them choose a country like a said before ) and then no more British youth co-ordinators. Then the British players will eventually become extinct and English, Welsh, Northern Ireland and Scottish players will take their place.
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

Zé da Silva wrote: The concepts of "nation", "state", "territory" and "country" are too fuzzy and often clash with each other. You can't devise a list of nations without receiving criticism. Cases like Tibet, Chechnya, Israel, Taiwan and Kosovo spring to mind.

The game developers could indeed have used as a definition "territories which have a football federation associated to FIFA". But one could argue that this system isn't perfect either…
I wasn’t really planning to comment further on this point, which I regard as trivial, and I wouldn’t want to go into politics, but what utter nonsense!

Tibet is an autonomous region of China and Chechnya is an autonomous state of the Russian Federation: both do not compete independently in sports; Israel is an independent country, a UN and FIFA member – definitely the most weird mention in your mish-mash of a comment; Taiwan is an independent country that isn’t recognised by some countries but competes in sports independently as ‘Chinese Taipei’; Kosovo is in a similar situation to Taiwan but has not yet competed in sports independently; Yugoslavia is a dissolved federation, similarly to the Soviet Union; the UK a de-facto federation that never ever competes in sports internationally as the UK – it ALWAYS is broken into the four Countries, except for in two cases: the Olympics, where is competes as Team GB (not UK); and in Rugby League, where Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland merge into a united Ireland team.

Definition of sovereignty is not fuzzy at all, it is available. Israel is a sovereign state, Chechnya isn’t – it’s as simple as that. It makes perfect sense to use the FIFA list and not the UN list though, because those are countries where football is played. Some non-FIFA territories and regions compete in events such as the FIFI Wild Cup and the VIVA World Cup, where you’ll find teams such as North Cyprus (Turkish-occupied part of Cyprus) and Zanzibar (a part of Tanzania) – I don’t think we want to go there.

So, one option is to let Vatican monks and Antarctic penguins keep on playing here – which I don’t see anything wrong with, and the other most reasonable solution is to adopt the FIFA list of footballing nations and phase out the rest gradually.
sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

zandyy wrote:Some non-FIFA territories and regions compete in events such as the FIFI Wild Cup and the VIVA World Cup, where you’ll find teams such as North Cyprus (Turkish-occupied part of Cyprus) and Zanzibar (a part of Tanzania) – I don’t think we want to go there.
Sounds like fun... too bad I never read stuff about this, I'd love to see it :-)
zandyy wrote:and the other most reasonable solution is to adopt the FIFA list of footballing nations and phase out the rest gradually.
I Agree.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
atleti scouse
Coach

Post by atleti scouse »

off topic i think worlds shortest war was between England and Zanzibar, 15 minutes i think lol.
Howl
Team Manager

Post by Howl »

atleti scouse wrote:off topic i think worlds shortest war was between England and Zanzibar, 15 minutes i think lol.

It was actually just shy of 40 minutes...

And the moral of the story is, when your country's "Navy" equals one boat, you likely shouldn't mess with the English....
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

atleti scouse wrote:off topic i think worlds shortest war was between England and Zanzibar, 15 minutes i think lol.
Did Zanzibar own a tea farm that England wanted?
atleti scouse
Coach

Post by atleti scouse »

Independence !!
Big Ron
Coach

Post by Big Ron »

So, to get back on topic, I too would appreciate the division of the UK into its component parts. All those in favour say Aye.
And btw the flags of England, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are all completely different!

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”