Player's age

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: Player's age

Post by Razvanica »

Notwell wrote: But a change like the one suggested here really can't be undone after it is implemented, and it is vital that it is bug free as it has implications when it comes to match results. So the dilemma might be, is it worth it? Is this really such a vital change?
Notwell, this "drastic" change would require a single extra-method, where you call random(). The time spent on this would no way compare to the time spent on other features. And the fact that it should be bug free... that's why there is a beta version where features like this one could be tested. It's true that this is not vital, substitutions are not vital, jerseys are not vital, retraining players is not vital... Nothing is vital, the game can continue as it is. But it's clear to me that in today's fast moving world you can't have any success with a game that hasn't changed anything important in the last 2 or 3 years.
Notwell wrote:I think Sjarel should be given some slack, he has a life outside SP.

Be happy that we have a developer who cares for the game, is active in the community and I am sure we will see interesting changes with some patience.
Oh, come on, everybody has a life outside SP. But it's not like Sjarel is doing this pro bono. I have patience, I have been patient for 2 years while the developers were fighting the inflation they created themselves and they were changing the parameters for advertising boards every month or so. This is exactly what bothers me, the fact that it's obvious they are working on the game, we see features added every season, but most of these features have absolutely no impact on the game, or, even worse, they are finally disabled, like talkerbee. It's like they really don't want anything to change...
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

Opinions are divided regarding this change, managers who have voted in the poll aren't a huge number at all. If people are that interested in it shouldn't they at least vote for it? We have 24 managers who have bothered to vote.

Of course changes to the game engine are more drastic as it affects the game.

I want changes as well, for example I would love to see the SP cup made more attractive. I am not so sure the suggested change brings much difference and if its worth it.
Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Razvanica »

I am not so sure the suggested change brings much difference and if its worth it.
Then don't implement this one. But implement something useful. I agree this isn't the most needed feature, but you also have to agree that daily news isn't the most useful either. Anyway, this discussion has no point. The guys that have the power already decided that managers wouldn't like another random so it's useless. And frankly, seeing the fuss some managers made about some advertising boards, I guess they are right. SP managers get what they deserve.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

I agree, Daily News isn't a change which will turn around the game. I use it myself though and the player news can be handy for players tracked. It adds a bit value to the game for some managers, and doesn't change key values in the game. Its harmless.

As you, I am waiting eagerly for interesting changes and I have faith. As I have family myself and small kids (Sjarel has a toddler) I also know how time consuming it is. As I wrote, give the man some slack...
jamiehutber
Team President

Post by jamiehutber »

I do have to admit getting your player fully trained by 20 then 3 years getting the ex means a 6 year turn around and for the higher end teams this is near impossible to keep up at that high level.

a. This keeps things fresh at the top and doesn't create just a complete domination
B. the 6 years it takes to get a player at a decent level is a long time assuming you get him at 17 means he'll have about 6 years playing time. On the face of this that seems quite a while, but 2 of my core members have just hit 29 and I haven't had an old player for a long time so I can say its spicing things up in my squad. Do I like it no, would I change it I am unsure.
C. true that younger players go for a lot more and stupidly if you ask me. Players who can turn out a 73/74 performance cost less then young players who people are taking a gamble on. I mean can you imagine spending 4m on a 20 year old just in the hope that he will turn out good when you could invest maybe 1/2m more and get a solid player. I guess it’s because people know they will run out in 4/5 years.
(,")you're drunk! Yes my dear, but tomorrow i will be sober. and you, you will still be ugly (",)
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

I find the system as it is now tough and challenging. I am of the opinion that the important need for changes doesn't come in the area age/performance but rather other fields of the game. Like more tactic variations which can influence the game and overcome a rating advantage. Or to give more prestige to the SP Cup and avoid the situation where good teams choose to go out in round 2.

Why change an area of the game which is working very well... Although a bit variation both ways when players start to drop wouldn't be a big deal. I think too huge variation would be negative and cause annoyence.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”