Player's age

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Black_eagle
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Player's age

Post by Black_eagle »

Hy.I know this has been proposed before,but i think that raising the age when player's performance starts dropping would give this game a great boost.now a player can be used till the age of 29 and then you have to get read of him very quicky or you won't be able to sell him at all.and if you keep him his performance drops fast making him unusable.In today's fotbal 95% of the players play at least 'till the age of 32,and they're in top shape.I can almost say that lots of players reach the top of their performance after 30.So maybe this age limit should be raised a little.it could also be something differential.Deffenders play until the age of 34 and after that,they start dropping.Middlefiers and atackers could play great 'til the age of 32.Goalkeepers at least until 36.The age when a player starts losing his skill could also be a hidden skill.some could start perform worse at the age of 29 while others could play great till the age of 38.This would be great to the game.teams could keep older players a little longer,small teams could buy some older player to imprve their teams.since older players would have a value ,prices for younger player would also drop.
Last edited by Black_eagle on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shreyansh
Team Board Member

Re: Player's age

Post by Shreyansh »

Tottaly Agreed :D
FOR SALE

Edward D'Kunha
CM
19 year
34% Aggression
Fully untrained

Current offer:1 Million euros
I.B.P:5 Million euros

HURRY!!

Click here for it
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

Yes I agree, this could be one little thing that could help rejuvenate SP just a little bit.
RapidFire
Assistant Manager

Post by RapidFire »

Great idea! Totally agree, especially with the "hidden ability part" beacuse in reality all players have either the urge or dont have the urge to continue. Some play with more heart then one another. But great concept all around.
Mariu$
Team Board Member

Post by Mariu$ »

Totally agree! 8)
FOREVER UNITED
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

I also agree, at 28 a player's stamina drops quicker - I'd say this is innaccurate and 30 would be a lot more reasonable
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Sounds great to me. And easy to implement :wink:
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Black_eagle

Post by Black_eagle »

yeah how hard can it be?all that has to be done is to change a few numbers.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

I agree.

An example of this in real life: Paul Scholes.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
warrior
Assistant Manager

Post by warrior »

i also agree, maybe Sjarel could give his two cents about this because this is a legitimate and realistic change.

i think as the player gets older, his stamina dropping should correspond to the stamina rating. maybe that would prove wee bit more difficult
S.18 - 1st H.791
S.19 - 2nd G.264
S.20/S.21 - 2nd F.88
S.22 - 12th E.30
S.23 - 2nd F.89
S.24/S.26 - ?? E.30

SUPAFLYY T.N.T - We stay glorious.
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

I disagree. And not just for the sake of being different ;-)

I’m automatically suspicious of any suggestion raised in this forum whose purpose is to make the game easier. I think this idea is such a suggestion. I agree that in real life things are sometimes different, but that’s not a good enough reason to make the game easier.

Let me just correct a little mistake in the suggestion itself – performance doesn’t drop at 29, it’s fitness that recovers more slowly, and that actually makes sense. Performance starts dropping at 31.

I’ve supported making the ‘age of decline’ differential between different individual players in the past, because I thought it adds another challenge. Simply adding 3 years of optimal performance to all serves no purpose apart from making this an easier game – and there seem to be a lot of supporters for that here!
visje69

Post by visje69 »

It has been proposed at the Dutch part for many times already, and each time the members where higly exited by it. Yet Sjarel does not want to implement it because, according to him, players last long enough already.
As for myself I think this should certainly be implemented in the game, but as we all know, Sjarel is the boss. I hope he gets convinced by the english Forum now, because I think that stamina drops too fast and taking the age up to at least 32 would be an improvement in the game!
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78, 80, 103, 104, 105, 106 & 107!
A-league winner of Season 104 & 105!
SP-Cup Winner Season 106, 107 & 108!
Since S1 - August 27 2004
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

@zandyy You misunderstood. Black_eagle is not saying that the age should go from 31 to 34. He argues (and I support him) that this threshold is not at all realistic. The suggestion was not to change the threshold, but to eliminate it, by the means of a hidden skill which would be different for each player and which would trigger decrease in performance at a different age for each player. This would be very easy to program and it wouldn't mean that the players would "live" longer in SP, as the medium age of decline could still be 31 (although I would suggest 32 or 33). It's only that some players would loose some performance points at 29 and others at 33. This feature would not make the game easier, as you say, but it would make it even more interesting and realistic.
Black_eagle

Post by Black_eagle »

Razvanica wrote:@zandyy You misunderstood. Black_eagle is not saying that the age should go from 31 to 34.
actually that's what i said :lol: .but the second part is true also.either one of these suggestions would be great if it would be implemented.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

True, I kind of underlined the part I liked in your suggestion :lol: but it was with good intentions :wink:
Black_eagle wrote:The age when a player starts losing his skill could also be a hidden skill.some could start perform worse at the age of 29 while others could play great till the age of 38.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”