not enough safety measures

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

budist
Member of the Soccer Project Association

not enough safety measures

Post by budist »

I just saw that you can change your e-mail from the game. This should be changed since somebody can find your pass and easily take control of your account.
I'm A Legend
U Should Take A Picture Of Me
You Should Be Happy To Be In My Presence
I Should Charge U With Fee
ImageImage
Molleke

Post by Molleke »

You can change your pass every now and then if you want.
It's a fun game so the risk of this is low I think.
ImageImage
soulreaper
Assistant Manager

Post by soulreaper »

yeah, leaving your session opened when your worst enemy is by your side watching your strategies just waiting for you to go to the bathroom he'll rapidly change the e-mail so he'll get your password?

otherwise i don't see how someone would change that to steal an account...

Besides, stealing Soccerproject accounts is lame, and believeing your account is in danger of being lost is lame too. so, just keep changing your password often and please please please, don't tell it to anyone.
budist

Post by budist »

well, maybe you don't believe me, but there are persons who just like to look into other people's accounts. I don't imagine how somebody could do this, but my girlfriends yahoo account was hacked and somebody changed her password and started swearing all the contacts, etc. My yahoo account was hacked, a friend's mz account was hacked and all his players were put on the transfer list, so actually he lost his team, etc. It doesn't depend only for managers to protect themselves, everything needs some safety measures. I'm sorry you think this way, if you wake up with your players fired just because somebody could do this and he didn't care i wonder how you'll feel when you put time and passion in the game and it is destroyed.
I'm A Legend
ImageImage
damien
Team Manager

Post by damien »

this happend to me :cry:
soulreaper
Assistant Manager

Post by soulreaper »

well man, why not trying a harder to get password? or maybe cleaning your computer from viruses, trojans and spyware programs that can get your accounts password?

man, this would be as safe as we want it to be, but we have to be careful, get yourself a 25-word-passwoerd and will see how safe soccerproject and yahoo accounts are. :) i'm not trying to be funny but i think this could save the programmers lots of time and could concentrate is some other stuff.
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I think whatever we do, if someone gets your password he wil be able to ruin your team.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
soulreaper
Assistant Manager

Post by soulreaper »

so, what is it you will do??
zilviukas
Team Board Member

Post by zilviukas »

Safe game? Why people know your password? Your password is just for you. Don't tell to the people you don't trust.

We have a proverb:
"If only I know the secret - thats the secret. If there are two people who know the secret, so my pigs from my farm know the secret as well."
OPA F.C.
budist

Post by budist »

don't worry, only if you know the passw still somebody can find it.
I'm A Legend
ImageImage
crystalthunder
Team Manager

Post by crystalthunder »

There are other ways of getting a password. Hotmail and Yahoo had flaws which the makers didnt realize. If someone sees a flaw in soccerproject, the same thing could happen.

There are many individual cases where people have been screwed with. Dont think you're safe if there is no protection. Just because it has not happened to you yet, does not mean it will not happen. The least that can be done is to prohibit the firing of a player who is above 80. These guys have a resale value. In reality, the board would intervene and therefore it should also be implemented in this game.

Hattrick had this problem before as well, and this is nothing new in the computer world. Those who think they're safe because they cannot think how to hack, got screwed big times.
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I really don't think it's our responsibility to protect your passwords.

The measure HT took, is you cannot fire more than 1 player a day. That is doable, but we cannot not allow a manager to give an expensive contact, make a high offer or something else. There are so many ways a team can be ruined once someone acquires the password, nothing we can do about it.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
budist

Post by budist »

can't you put a rollback? once somebody was hacked you can give the user back what he had?

of course you'll have proof that somebody was hacked, not everybody says, hey, can you give me that player back?
so you can see the last connection, etc.
I'm A Legend
ImageImage
crystalthunder
Team Manager

Post by crystalthunder »

I really don't think it's our responsibility to protect your passwords.

The measure HT took, is you cannot fire more than 1 player a day. That is doable, but we cannot not allow a manager to give an expensive contact, make a high offer or something else. There are so many ways a team can be ruined once someone acquires the password, nothing we can do about it.
That's exactly what I mean. Protecting passwords is not possible. Transfers will still give an income or a loss in team spirits - no permanent damage. On the contrary, if all your players are fired, you have a huge problem!

Still, I dont think that there should be a rollback, since people would simply take advantage of mistakes they made and/or others who bought the player has to suffer because of them (just look at the number of players w/ 20k/g wages).

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”