The "luck" factor

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Snaak
Assistant Manager

The "luck" factor

Post by Snaak »

At the moment, when you compare SoccerProject to other manager games, the outcomes of the games are very predictable. The best team wins, at least that is what I always had.

In the FA cup, it sometimes happens that 3rd division teams beat premier league teams.

However, in this game, you simply don't have a chance against a team that is a lot better than you.

I have started playing this game the 23rd of October, and I have won all my games in the league, simply because I have the best team. Still, I have also played teams with GR only about 4 points lower than me, and I always win those games by about 3-0.

In friendly cups, it is the opposite, I have never gotten more far than the first round.

So it's not like I'm complaining for winning all my games, but I think that the game would be more exciting if there would be a small chance for teams to win against teams that are supposed to be better.
Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: The "luck" factor

Post by Razvanica »

Here's an example of a Romanian manager's league match:
http://www.soccerproject.com/spnewl_gam ... &season=26
1-1 with +19 on the line rating. I would say there is enough random in SP already. :lol:

PS: The GR of a team is a very weak indicator of how good that team is.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

Actually, a weaker team can expect only a tie and nothing more. It would be nice if the last could win with 3:0 or something like that against the first.
RapidFire
Assistant Manager

Post by RapidFire »

Not exactly the "luck" factor but this game needs more options included into the game.

-Things like corners, offsides, free kicks, throw ins, attacking, defending... etc.

Another soccer online game also has this included. My team (fairly new) was playing other teams who have had two or three years under their belt. I managed to win/draw/lose with a close match- (1 goal games)

They (the game creators) managed to find a balance between gaining/losing. Each team has its own advantages and they all play out in the regular game.

It would be nice for Soccerproject to start playing around with different styles of gameplay, making games playable in a variety of ways and with a nice amount of tactics that could be thought of.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

It would be nice for new guys to learn the game before complaining about different features... :roll:
Snaak
Assistant Manager

Post by Snaak »

A bit of a lame reaction there Razvanica.

Fact is that in H league, games are predictable, no doubt about it, no wonder I win all my games with ease. It makes the H-league not an exciting league to play in, because I know I win all my games anyway. Maybe this thing is different in the league you play, because obviously you are much more "pro" than me.

And playing the game for 1,5 month, I think I have the right to suggest something new. This forum is not only for pro's like you Razvanica.
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

That's why it's H league, I won H league a few seasons ago and won all match and conceded like 7 goals. Wait till you get higher up in the divisions, then it becomes less predictable.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Snaak wrote:And playing the game for 1,5 month, I think I have the right to suggest something new.
Of course you have the right. I am just saying you have to know what is already in the game before proposing something.
RapidFire
Assistant Manager

Post by RapidFire »

Razvanica wrote:
Snaak wrote:And playing the game for 1,5 month, I think I have the right to suggest something new.
Of course you have the right. I am just saying you have to know what is already in the game before proposing something.
I have been playing this game for a while an its almost exactly like this. I have never beat a team with 65+ rating while i myself am a 60 rating. This game follows a simple pattern, go on set your team fixture, set aggression, and style of play and hope for the best.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

If the team's rating is your guideline :shock: you haven't played for enough time. SP is not a game where you can have an account and start winning against A and B teams, this is true. You have to wait for one or two seasons before having a competitive team and start challenging E or D teams. But that doesn't mean that there is no tactics in SP or that you cannot win against teams that are supposed to be superior. Here is a F team that gets 140 on his line rating and could easily fight against A or B teams. I don't have a problem with new players suggesting things but you really lack the basic knowledge about SP.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

I don't believe increasing the luck factor would improve the game at all.

It would just make it more unrealistic.

The game is very complex once you get out of the bottom three leagues, but there should be more options to trigger the luck to your side, such as counter-attacks and different styles of play which could have an effect on the efficiency of the opponents line ratings.

Oh and global ratings shouldn't be deemed a guideline if you want to know which team is stronger, performance ratings are much more important.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???