Relegation on request + possibility "Do not promote"

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

dawron
Team President

Relegation on request + possibility "Do not promote"

Post by dawron »

Hello,
I play SP for two years now and I like the core system as it is now. Only things I'm missing are possibilities to relegate back to division H on team manager's request & chose not to promote to the higher division. Or even the possibility to quit the league for one or more seasons (even in the middle of the season with the appropriate financial penalty) and then to be put back to division H.

-Thease "features" are common in real life football (soccer) and it would be good to have then there too.
Tatran Střešovice
My máme slabý kádr jak hovado!
RapidFire
Assistant Manager

Re: Relegation on request + possibility "Do not promote"

Post by RapidFire »

Makes some sense if you're one of those suffering noobs that cant get their financial status back on track. But jumping from a much higher league to a league like H should not be allowed at al.
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

RapidFire wrote:Makes some sense if you're one of those suffering noobs that cant get their financial status back on track. But jumping from a much higher league to a league like H should not be allowed at al.
Hey man, You miss the point absolutely! My team's financial situation is very good and it will remain this way for the really long time. Only problem I'm facing is that I don't want to promote back Up to the division D or even some thereafter. My primary objectives for upcomming 10 seasons are SP Cup, SP UEFA Cup and friendly cups. League in higher divisions consumes too much time, which I don't have and/or don't want to spend on it. It should be my right to sign off the current league division and start again from H. Last time I spend 8 f*****g months relegating from D back to H! That's nothing what makes one happy, man. :x
Tatran Střešovice
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

Choosing not to get promoted and to get relegated is 'common'????

Ivan Pavlovich lost games on purpose in H to finish 3rd for many seasons, if you don't want to get promoted - stop winning!!
If you want to get relegated don't win!!!
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

rickw wrote:Choosing not to get promoted and to get relegated is 'common'????
Yes, it is common. Trust me, I'm real-life football manager.
Tatran Střešovice
Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Razvanica »

Sjarel, Sjarel, I would like you to make the game easy for me. I would like to win A division and SP Cup every season without even logging in. Could you do that please?
Harder, better, faster, stronger
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

"It is common"? I wouldn't think so, but I have to trust you as I'm not a real life manager. I thought most managers/fans/players/owners don't like when teams lose consistently or get relegated in real life?

I bet that's the real reason Arsenal (or Tottenham, or Newcastle, or....) have struggled to consistently win the Premier league or trophies over the last few seasons--their stubborn insistence on staying in England's top league... If only they were sent back a couple leagues automatically, then they could play their young reserves in the league and still do well (one must win to have high teamspirit!), and have fresh first-team players for the FA Cup and Champions League. So much easier to beat Chesterfield than Chelsea, Macclesfield Town as opposed to Manchester United.

Stupid Arsenal.

Sack Wenger and hire dawron!!
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

There are thousands of soccer clubs in U.K., but which do You know (and are able to name from memory)? Maybe some from Premier's league + few more. But the soccer movement is not about the top teams, every single club has it's (and of the same value) right to vote on general meeting. Top sphere is absolutely different Space with it's specific show.
Tatran Střešovice
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

dawron wrote:There are thousands of soccer clubs in U.K., but which do You know (and are able to name from memory)? Maybe some from Premier's league + few more. But the soccer movement is not about the top teams, every single club has it's (and of the same value) right to vote on general meeting. Top sphere is absolutely different Space with it's specific show.
Maybe it's just me but this post made no sense at all.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

dawron wrote:There are thousands of soccer clubs in U.K., but which do You know (and are able to name from memory)? Maybe some from Premier's league + few more. But the soccer movement is not about the top teams, every single club has it's (and of the same value) right to vote on general meeting. Top sphere is absolutely different Space with it's specific show.

Exactly.

But I don't understand what you mean.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
RapidFire
Assistant Manager

Post by RapidFire »

dawron wrote:
RapidFire wrote:Makes some sense if you're one of those suffering noobs that cant get their financial status back on track. But jumping from a much higher league to a league like H should not be allowed at al.
Hey man, You miss the point absolutely! My team's financial situation is very good and it will remain this way for the really long time. Only problem I'm facing is that I don't want to promote back Up to the division D or even some thereafter. My primary objectives for upcomming 10 seasons are SP Cup, SP UEFA Cup and friendly cups. League in higher divisions consumes too much time, which I don't have and/or don't want to spend on it. It should be my right to sign off the current league division and start again from H. Last time I spend 8 f*****g months relegating from D back to H! That's nothing what makes one happy, man. :x
How does higher division league spend too much time? Its the same as the regular H or G division. Set your tactics, your players and good luck. As teams get better they SHOULD have to move to their competition leagues, not so they can verse new players with barely and rating so they can get first every single time.

Grow up. Really.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Not to mention the manager ranking points you would save yourself from loosing.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

RapidFire wrote:How does higher division league spend too much time? Its the same as the regular H or G division. Set your tactics, your players and good luck. As teams get better they SHOULD have to move to their competition leagues, not so they can verse new players with barely and rating so they can get first every single time.

Grow up. Really.
It isn't the same. One have to watch more details, scout opponents and mainly plan selections and players for whole week (and change it a little bit due to circumstances as injuries, fatique, cards, etc.) in higher divisions. I mean it's quite easy to keep G or F having a leasure time, or concerning on Cups. It's easy mainly becose of the fact you can set up B-team for league matches and it's enough. Sure, You can do the same in higher divisions, but You will lose fans and their's satisfaction will drop => You'll lose money, 'cose You'll sell less tickets...

Normally team manager think and calculate before he sign up the registration form for the higher league. But the promotion is automatical there in SP => You can't solve things throught administrative way, You are forced to do things like "intentionally lose last three league matches" instead. That's bullshit.

Imagin what's worst:
a) Manager comes to coach and squad saying: "Boys, I know You can be the champions, but we don't have enought money for higher division. I'm sorry 'bout that, but You have to lose last three matches, that's the order!"

b) Manager comes to coach and squad saying: "Congratulation boys, You have made it! Unfortunatedly we can't promote to higher division becose of money, I'm sorry...".

All of You there are trying to convince me that the a) method is "normal" and "cool". Ehm...
Tatran Střešovice

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”