Free players on market

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

PaTTTTrick
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Free players on market

Post by PaTTTTrick »

Hello guys, another new idea.

Could it be possible to inform all others managers who made bid on free of charge players and did not win how far they were from the win price?

If I did not win, I receive message like "Sorry, you did not win, good luck next time... Player XXX join another team"

What about to get message like:
"Sorry, you did not win, good luck next time... YOUR BID WAS THE 3rd HIGHEST....Player XXX join another team"
or
"Sorry, you did not win, good luck next time... YOUR BID WAS ABOUT 2,5M LOWER THAN THE WIN PRIZE....Player XXX join another team"

Thanks for thinking about it
PC Bonner - PaTTrick (třetí i čtvrtý dech už dochází a tak se plácáme v C/D divizi, ale prachy na účtu rostou a tak se jednou vrátíme v plné síle! :twisted: :) )
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Re: Free players on market

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Obviously, we cannot bid a monetary value for free players, that's why they're free. :wink:

And I don't think it's possible to disclose the total wages offered by another team/s, thus we will never know how far we were from getting the player.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
PaTTTTrick

Post by PaTTTTrick »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:Obviously, we cannot bid a monetary value for free players, that's why they're free. :wink:

And I don't think it's possible to disclose the total wages offered by another team/s, thus we will never know how far we were from getting the player.
I can not agree.. there must be any ranking of bids done by managers, otherwise who will win that player?
PC Bonner - PaTTrick (třetí i čtvrtý dech už dochází a tak se plácáme v C/D divizi, ale prachy na účtu rostou a tak se jednou vrátíme v plné síle! :twisted: :) )
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Of course there is a ranking. But the salaries I pay do not concern you. The salary is a confidential information. I have nothing against the ranking message ("You had the 26th offer"), but I don't agree with messages telling you how much money I am paying my players.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
RapidFire
Assistant Manager

Post by RapidFire »

Free players on the market are a waste overall. Its basically whoever puts the highest salary up gets the player, there should be a limit on certain players and when that limit is reached another action is taken to get the player.

IMO.
Shreyansh
Team Board Member

Post by Shreyansh »

hey i have bidded on about 200 free players but i haven't got a single,any reason????
i give good salaries to them.
FOR SALE

Edward D'Kunha
CM
19 year
34% Aggression
Fully untrained

Current offer:1 Million euros
I.B.P:5 Million euros

HURRY!!

Click here for it
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

Obviously,you didn't gave them good enough salaries.
PaTTTTrick

Post by PaTTTTrick »

Shreyansh wrote:hey i have bidded on about 200 free players but i haven't got a single,any reason????
i give good salaries to them.
yes, exactly this is one of the reason I would think there should be any message how far was your bid from the winning bid... Sometime I really want some player and I make "high" bid, but "unfortunatelly", I do not always win :lol:
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

because if you really want that player, some other teams "really want him" also. so if anybody will know the "price" of that player, next time all these guys will offer a bigger "price". so the "price" will grow exponentially. is that what you want?
instead of trying to find out in this easy way that "price", you should better increase (only you) your offer to make sure you'll get him. ok, maybe you will offer much more than others ... but that's the risk with free players.
RapidFire
Assistant Manager

Post by RapidFire »

bunicutzu wrote:because if you really want that player, some other teams "really want him" also. so if anybody will know the "price" of that player, next time all these guys will offer a bigger "price". so the "price" will grow exponentially. is that what you want?
instead of trying to find out in this easy way that "price", you should better increase (only you) your offer to make sure you'll get him. ok, maybe you will offer much more than others ... but that's the risk with free players.
a risk? More then half of the people that get free-players send them back where they started OR they set a price on them. But even then, they ruin your income and the price continously goes up and up as people keep putting these players on the free-player list.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

I don't see the issue. It's a free market. Players with unrealistic wages don't get any offers and they are deleted from the database. If they get an offer, either the manager doesn't know the real value of the players and he will go bankrupt, or the offer is realistic. You should just make offers that you can afford and hope you have the best offer. But you should think that a player who will normally cost 3M and will demand 10k salary (something usual for good players) will cost you about 4M for 3 seasons. If you just give him a sign bonus, the salary you pay should normally cover the rest of the sum...
Harder, better, faster, stronger
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

I think it's fine with a bit of russian roulette. 'Cause that's what the transfer market is in general for non-maxed players and in the case of the free players in particular.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”