better search system for transfer market?

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

sissco
Team Manager

better search system for transfer market?

Post by sissco »

Ive been thinking

can't we have a better search system for the transfer market? can't we have a search field were we can search for players of a certain nationality or age of price or ability? That would really make things easier for me and my plans

sissco
Jaynk
Team Board Member

Re: better search system for transfer market?

Post by Jaynk »

Ya it will be a good option to have.
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

I don't think the developers want to make the game easier in this respect.

Managing a football club and signing players in real life isn't easy, so why should this be??
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

Using the transger market as it is, is a lot of work for no reason. It cannot have been Sjarels idea that the difficulty was to be in terms of having to trod through dozens of pages of transfers to find the player that matches you economy.

If it was, he would have skipped position and age filters too.

I'm totally in favour of a price and GR/BP filter.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Why do you need the filter for GR? You can sort the list on the GR field and go to the page you want. This takes like 5 seconds.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

I do not agree with this idea.

We have enough tools to find the player we want or need.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
sissco
Team Manager

Post by sissco »

I do not agree with this idea.

We have enough tools to find the player we want or need.
No we don't! If you want to find a certain player you have to go through pages and pages of players untill you find the player your after! I know my Idea would be a bit of work for the programmers of this game but it'd be easier if you could click in several fields and allow a mini-search engine to give you a list of players at a price range, Nationality and age that you'd require...no only that but you could also search for a player at a certain stage of his development!!!!

At this moment in time, it's too much hasel trying to find the player you need that many players are unsold at the moment!!!

sissco
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

There is this guy on the romanian forum who asks everybody "could you please show me a player on the transfer market that I could buy and then sell with a huge profit?". I guess he would really need a filter for this.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
sissco
Team Manager

Post by sissco »

That's not why I wanted the filter...I wanted to have a filter to find the players I want/need for the team! This season has been a disaster for me, as I'm now only 8th place in my league!!! I'm hoping that I can buy good players for the next season and hopefully be promoted for season 29

sissco
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Sissco, not to get off topic (I am against the filters), but you need to train the players that you have! I don't mean to be rude, but it doesn't look like you are doing it correctly--there are players on your team that have been there for months and still have 0% skills, most have 0% stamina, and some aren't even close to fully trained on their headskills.

My point is threefold:
1) If you train right, you might have a strong enough team to get promoted by itself,
2) if you train right, you'll have a better idea of who on your team is good and who is not, which will help you target what players you need in the transfer market, and
3) if you aren't training right, new players aren't going to help.

There are plenty of people, myself included, who can help you with training (and some other things--PM me if you want). You might not have a great team, but it can be much better than you think!
I wanted to have a filter to find the players I want/need for the team! This season has been a disaster for me, as I'm now only 8th place in my league!!! I'm hoping that I can buy good players for the next season and hopefully be promoted for season 29

sissco
sissco
Team Manager

Post by sissco »

Thank you for your observation...I may just P.M you and hopefully get tips for training my players.....word of Note...I use a Coach for training my players and therefore the training is done automatically! I'm def doing something wrong here then!! Do you use the same name in the game and in the forum? I do....If any one could advise me on a training system for my players....that would be helpful - BUt I don't want to cheat!

sissco
apology240

Post by apology240 »

I'm against...

The transfermarket is one of the things that makes the difference in a good and a bad manager.
If you have a lot of money, you can buy whoever you want.
But if you start searching by yourself in the market, you can find sometimes very good players with only 1, 2, 3, 4 skills high maxed for a cheap price.

If we could filter on any criteria, those good players will a few skills maxed will be easily found by anyone and the team with a lot of money will buy them.
Result : The good, rich teams will become better, the rest will become worser...
Playing in A with The Williams Soccer Boys

2nd career :
S54 - 3rd in A
S53 - 1st in B3
S51 - 1st in B3
S44 - S48 - G727 -> C9

~History~
S54 - 3rd in A
S31 - 4th in A
S25 - Runner-Up SP Cup
Jaynk
Team Board Member

Post by Jaynk »

spootytown wrote: There are plenty of people, myself included, who can help you with training (and some other things--PM me if you want). You might not have a great team, but it can be much better than you think!
Will you help me too.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

No problem Jaynk--I sent you a couple PMs! (one was about logo creation)
bedfil254187
Team Manager

Post by bedfil254187 »

I'm 100% for this one.
Sometimes I'm like Ok I need a CB age 21-24 at about 1000000. But when you get on the transfer market it's all mixed up. Either you find the right age and spend time looking for the right price or vice-versa .
I'm sure SP can come up with a better search system. See like the one you use when you are looking for a used car.
From the desk of
Bedfil

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”