Coming of juniors & Hidden skill

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Angee
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Coming of juniors & Hidden skill

Post by Angee »

...in preference for Sjarel (but it's written for all)
I have 2 ideas for the SoccerProject. The first one is about juniors and the second one is about hidden skill of players.

So:

The 1st:

Coming of juniors:
For example: There is two teams – team called A and team called B. The A has 3 new juniors during 60 days. The B has 0 new juniors during the same time (60 days). The A earn € 6.000.000 because the manager can sell all new juniors. The B can not make money like the A – manager of the B hasn’t “easy earn” like manager of the A, but both of them must wait same time.

Team A has 2 benefits and 1 disadvantage: it can earn good money by selling or it can has better team – the manager can choose between two benefits; it must wait 20 days (at least) for the next junior.

Team B has 0 benefits and 2 disadvatages: it can not earn good money by selling and it must wait 20 days for the next junior and the manager must hope that the next one will come – the manager can not choose...

So what about give 1 benefit for the B?
If a junior is not come the B will wait 10 days (not all 20 days) for the next possible coming of junior. If a junior is not come for the second time during two possible arrivals the B will wait 5 days. If a junior is not come for the third (4th, 5th, 6th,…) time during 3 (4, 5, 6,…) possible arrivals the B will wait 3 days.

The 2nd:

I think that hidden skill must be hidden (well, the skill called “Hidden”). But SPMT, http://www.battle-strategy.com etc. has got tool for computation of hidden skill… Well, You can write hidden skill with name of player and managers save 2 clicks by mouse.

Idea: You will invent (for example) 20 new math formulas of “part hidden skill”. Random two math formulas will use for computation. You will have two values on the end of computations applied for a player. These values averaged and this last value will be hidden skill.

Because the new hidden skill will be very hard to discover, the SoccerProject will be more interesting and price of players in transfer list will not so much different.

What do You think about this idea?

PS: I’m sorry for my bad English, but I hope that You understand.

PS2: And what does managers think?
Angee

Re: Coming of juniors & Hidden skill

Post by Angee »

Nobody understand :?: :D ..yeah :!: I know my English is like old frog :lol:
Razvanica

Re: Coming of juniors & Hidden skill

Post by Razvanica »

You specifically asked for Sjarel. Other manager's opinion seemed less important for you. I guess that's why nobody answered (don't worry about you English, there are a lot of "native speakers" on this forum who write worse than you).

I don't really see the interest of your first proposal. The whole idea of the youth promotion is that is random and the same rules apply for everyone. So, statistically speaking, no manager has an advantage over another. If you take two teams, A and B, each having a 100% youth coordinator and you compare them over 2 years, you should find that they have similar rates of promotion and average player statistics should be close. Your example of 3 players is just to short to be statistically significant, it's just a local information. As we already have equity, your proposed feature would only bring more youths in the game (which would trigger inflation).

I totally support the idea that the hidden skill should be really hidden. But I can't figure any way of doing that. You propose mixing equations. The thing is that the hidden skill is already decided by the most powerful formula - it's random. SPMT (and everyone who knows the basic mathematical operations) doesn't calculate the hidden skill using this formula. As the hidden skill is just another main skill, it counts 2/15 in the general rating and you can deduce it no matter how the original value was created. So the HS is not calculable because we know the formula used for it (that's already random), but because we know where it is used. So I agree with your idea, but not with your solution.
Harder, better, faster, stronger

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”