Scale

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Would be good an scale of X points for each sezon ?

yes
42%
no
58%

Total votes: 43

alex_raul07
Team President

Scale

Post by alex_raul07 »

would be interesting to implement some kind of scale ... if a team does not get 25 points in a season when relegate, she will get a penalty for future sezon ... so this idea will balance the game and it would make some stronger championships ...
manager: alex_raul7
team: Cetatea Rapid
Motto: "Divide et impera ..."
Kosmin
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: Scale

Post by Kosmin »

good idea :idea: i like it :twisted:
minasthiryt

Post by minasthiryt »

It is a good idea but I guess I have the same odds as well as other proposals made on the forum ...

Always think sjarel and his 'team' will not take so much of our opinions, because if they did, how could these implementations have a "surprise" for the managers of the SP?

but:
"it is better to stick with what you have? .. or hope for more?
Can be "risky" times ... but you also say there is nothing to lose if you do something ...NEW" :idea:

I hope you understand what I meant to say....

if not...excuse my english

success in the new season ... for SP staff and all managers
CF POLI IASI
CUPA REGELEUI Organizer
unicool

Post by unicool »

stupid ideea....take a look in A division:
VegAttack 25 points
De Zoeloe's 15 points

De Zoeloe's is the finalist of the SP cup and a very good and strong team.he get only 15 points because there is hard to make 25.all the teams are good and maybe he wants to get back in a division next season....if he starts in B division with 10 points penalty he will never promote.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

unicool wrote:stupid ideea....take a look in A division:
VegAttack 25 points
De Zoeloe's 15 points

De Zoeloe's is the finalist of the SP cup and a very good and strong team.he get only 15 points because there is hard to make 25.all the teams are good and maybe he wants to get back in a division next season....if he starts in B division with 10 points penalty he will never promote.
This is exactly why this feature should appear. Maybe this way teams like De Zoeloes's would play their best team in the last round against one of the two title pretenders.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Curiosity
Assistant Coach

Post by Curiosity »

I don't think this is a good idea myself. SP is suppose to be a football simulation and penalising teams for being relegated (low point threshold) definitely doesn't happen in real life. In fact it is quite the opposite. In English football teams get parachute money for being relegated to help them gain promotion in the following season!
Domokun XI
Division: A
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Curiosity wrote:I don't think this is a good idea myself. SP is suppose to be a football simulation and penalising teams for being relegated (low point threshold) definitely doesn't happen in real life. In fact it is quite the opposite.
In Romania this threshold exists. The reason is that team already mathematically relegated don't have any motivation. In SP there is even a more stringent need for this, as already-relegated teams usually play their third squad in order to save money.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Curiosity
Assistant Coach

Post by Curiosity »

Ok you got me. I didn't realise the domestic Romanian leagues penalised low point teams.

I personally think this method is harsh. Yes it would help cut down throwing games at the end of season (no comment needed Bunicii :) ) but it will negatively effect genuine struggling teams where by they are at a major (scale depending) disadvantage on repromoting. Also, it will likely mean rebuilding teams spending an extra year in the low divisions. I would imagine this would cause more harm than good to the SP community.
Domokun XI
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

But they won't! If there's a threshold, these teams will only play their best teams against the worst teams, and only up to the threshold. If a team wants to relegate, but has to beat a threshold, they focus on the matches against the "easier" teams, not the toughest ones (the title contenders), and once they meet the threshold, they quit trying again. Or you have a situation like this year, where DZ had no chance of meeting the 25 points, so they had zero incentive to win their final match against SAT.

A team that truly wants/needs to rebuild, or truly wants to focus solely on winning cups and not the league, won't care about this penalty--nothing will change! This proposal might even make things WORSE: Like Domokun said, if you have a situation where you penalize a relegated team, that gives them much less incentive the following season to even try to gain promotion, so they will once again (for at least a season) play a weaker team in the league and save their stronger team for cups.

Besides, if a team wants to lose, that is their choice (and hopefully they play in my league!). DeZoeloes was 0-6 against the top 3 teams, against the top 7, he was 0-13-1, so it's not like he selectively helped one team over another. So what if he lost to SAT the last week of the season? He'd already lost to Horiacles twice by a combined 2-12 score.

Razvanica wrote:
unicool wrote:stupid ideea....take a look in A division:
all the teams are good and maybe he wants to get back in a division next season....if he starts in B division with 10 points penalty he will never promote.
This is exactly why this feature should appear. Maybe this way teams like De Zoeloes's would play their best team in the last round against one of the two title pretenders.
Curiosity
Assistant Coach

Post by Curiosity »

A team that truly wants/needs to rebuild, or truly wants to focus solely on winning cups and not the league, won't care about this penalty--nothing will change!
Rebuilding teams normally finish 16th (multiple times) then 1st the season after. If they start with negative points they will probably not promote.
Domokun XI
Rudolph
Team Manager

Post by Rudolph »

alex_raul07 wrote:would be interesting to implement some kind of scale ... if a team does not get 25 points in a season when relegate, she will get a penalty for future sezon ... so this idea will balance the game and it would make some stronger championships ...

i agree
..::Wein, Weib und Waltz::..
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

A poor showing from a team already relegated doesn't always have to do with not fielding the best. While rebuilding team spirit can suffer seriously which weakens the team a lot. And a team getting relegated desperatly needs to rebuild.

Losing matches already carry a penalty in falling fan satisfaction, which has a serious effect on income. I think this penalty is sufficient.
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

Personally I like it, but if we look at it from all the perspectives we can see that it's both good and bad.
After carefull thinking it's more bad than good.

Maybe introduce this only for A and B divisions, as here is where it really matters the most.
Manager: cyp
Team: Fotbal Club Botosani

May the random be with me!
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

With 6 teams relegating from each division - prolly all with less or close to 25 points - you'll have a massive number of teams starting a season with a point penalty.Maybe around one third of all teams.

While itmakessense in terms of incentive to finish the season in a dedicated manner, it is sure to put a lot of teams at a disadvantage, which I think is really overkill.

If anything, I'd limit the penalty to the rock bottom position.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
davos
Team Board Member

Post by davos »

very good . The points to reach may be 10-15 . not much .
Fost manager : Davos
Fosta echipa : F.C. Dinamo București.

Actual
Manager : Sebi.H
Echipa : S.C. Vaslui

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”