Extended limitations on transfers for new managers

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: Extended limitations on transfers for new managers

Post by SBroccoli »

Notwell wrote: I can't help noticing that you posted in another thread where you mentioned being beaten by noobs on the TM, SBroccoli. Are you looking at this with other motives in mind? :wink:
That's true, but there's no contradiction.

I think this noobish behaviour hurts the game. This time it flushed me, next time it'll be someone else. But it doesn't matter that much (I found another player). What matters most is the inflation.

It's true that some managers start over, but I doubt that is very many.

If I were to weigh the inconveniences in season 1 for these restarters against the inflationary effect of the wittless noobs, I'd certainly take care of the larger game aspects. Not quitters who restart to abuse H as a trading base.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

One of the reasons its important to not restrict functionality for newbees over a long period is that it can hurt recruitment to the game. Try telling a new manager that he/she can't transfer more than x transfers a season while others who have played the game some time have no limits and watch the reaction.

If they want to transfer a lot after starting, let them. Some will learn and recover from their mistakes. Thats what it is about, doing mistakes and learning from them.

Another thing is that I don't think the most frequent newbee mistake is paying huge sums for players in direct transfer fees either. For a newbee, its more tempting to offer for free players. And by doing that they actually take money out of the game, by paying huge wages and maybe sign-on fees.

And of course if you are raising this issue partly because you are fed up being outbid by newbees it counts? In that case you have another motive than merely fighting inflation. You would have had more credibility if you mentioned that in your opening post as well.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Razvanica wrote:a manager must be off-line for 2-3 weeks before his account is deleted and even for a very improbable debt he would have got more time...
That was my point exactly. There should have been better controls that seem to have failed or could be improved.
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

spootytown wrote:
Razvanica wrote:a manager must be off-line for 2-3 weeks before his account is deleted and even for a very improbable debt he would have got more time...
That was my point exactly. There should have been better controls that seem to have failed or could be improved.
This could be an example of the opposite, maybe the controls worked as they are supposed to do? :wink:
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

Notwell wrote: And of course if you are raising this issue partly because you are fed up being outbid by newbees it counts? In that case you have another motive than merely fighting inflation. You would have had more credibility if you mentioned that in your opening post as well.
Give me a break!

I was going to give a constructive reply but your BS just took that away.

If you had read my previous post you would have seen that it is not relevant. Losing bets to player soon after going bankrupt is only a side effect of the noobness.

Get off your high horse or get off the forum.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

Well, I will give a constructive reply with another point from my high horse.

Did you consider that just maybe some managers who enter the game are brighter than us 2? That they actually figure out how to trade well very early? Imposing discriminating restrcitions for these would disable these managers from rising fast in the game. Maybe they aren't huge in numbers, but its still valid.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”