Extended limitations on transfers for new managers

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Extended limitations on transfers for new managers

Post by SBroccoli »

In case anyone still has any doubts where the inflation comes from, allow me to show this recent example:

----
12 Apr 2009 Y became the manager of the club and renamed it to BBB.
7 Apr Player Tomasz Piatek was bought for € 575.000,00 from KS Zawiercie .
7 Apr Player Ryan McDonnell was bought for € 750.000,00 from Funebráci .
7 Apr 2009 Player Kalin Trika was bought for € 600.000,00 from BRILLIANT .
7 Apr 2009 Player Michal Vladyka was bought for € 400.000,00 from zoo .
7 Apr 2009 Player Antoni Szwed was bought for € 400.000,00 from FC SŁOWIK .
7 Apr 2009 Player Eduard Galovic was bought for € 300.000,00 from FC Skank Ilava .
7 Apr 2009 Player Petr Mareš was bought for € 600.000,00 from Queen Players .
31 Mar 2009 X became the manager of the club and renamed it to AAA .
----

New manager, burnt 3.5 million on one day. Then quit.

This happens several times a week. New managers pay a short visit, then quit, but leave their money in the game.

Maybe the best solution would be not only to prevent transfers the first week, but also to put a cap on transfers for new managers per week (like starting with 1, then grow it one per week they stay?).
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
Notwell
Team President

Re: Extended limitations on transfers for new managers

Post by Notwell »

A transfer ban for a period after joining seems a very good idea. But to limit transfers after that seems too much kindergarten to me. After all, a manager is fully in charge of his/hers own team and this would be discriminating new managers.
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

Imo a manager that plans on staying doesn't need to make any transfers at all in their first season. Those that are guided well will realise that they don't have to make any transfers and should wait until their current players are fully trained. A ban on transfers for the first season seems a bit extreme so perhaps limit to 3 transfers all season? I'm not sure but it definitely needs to be extended from one week.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Notwell wrote:A transfer ban for a period after joining seems a very good idea. But to limit transfers after that seems too much kindergarten to me.
I think you missed my point: this wasn't inteded as a protection of the noobs. It was to protect the game from the inflation those hapless noobs are causing by their ignorant behaviour.

A total ban of transfers would be too harsh imo. But a low limit to the possible # of transfers can't be that bad 'cause as Cruxify says, they actually don't need to trade in season 1 anyway.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

SBroccoli wrote:A total ban of transfers would be too harsh imo. But a low limit to the possible # of transfers can't be that bad 'cause as Cruxify says, they actually don't need to trade in season 1 anyway.
I don't agree with you. Let's say you have played SP before and you start playing again. Let's say you're more into fame that soccer so you want to get quickly on top. You would know that the best way is to trade many players on the transfer market, but you won't be able to do so because of this limitation. I am not a fan of this kind of strategy but I know managers are using it and I don't think there should be any restrictions.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

SBroccoli wrote:
Notwell wrote:A transfer ban for a period after joining seems a very good idea. But to limit transfers after that seems too much kindergarten to me.
I think you missed my point: this wasn't inteded as a protection of the noobs. It was to protect the game from the inflation those hapless noobs are causing by their ignorant behaviour.

A total ban of transfers would be too harsh imo. But a low limit to the possible # of transfers can't be that bad 'cause as Cruxify says, they actually don't need to trade in season 1 anyway.
It would be discrimination. I understand there is a problem with inflation, but my view is that it should be solved in other ways than creating rules which discriminate. People should be allowed to manage their club fully.

I can't help noticing that you posted in another thread where you mentioned being beaten by noobs on the TM, SBroccoli. Are you looking at this with other motives in mind? :wink:
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Let them transfer... Like Notwell suggested, there are many other ways to deal with inflation, and a ban would only hurt savvy traders and bargain hunters.

In the case you listed above, it seems very odd that this team did a bunch of transfers and then 5 days later, the team had already been abandoned and taken over by someone new.

If the guy had quit, it would take 3 weeks of inactivity to release his club to someone new.

Was it because he was in debt? You are supposed to have 7 days to recover if you go into 'serious' debt. If a new team took over on the 12th, it meant manager A was in debt on or before the 5th, before he made his transfers. Recent (bad) advice on the noob board suggested the first things for new managers to do were to expand your stadium at least 1000 seats each year, train staff to 100% and upgrade youth facilities, which no doubt could send a team into debt without making a single transfer.

Perhaps a better solution would be to establish some coding that does not allow a transfer to take place if it puts a team into debt (or if already in debt), or cancels pending transfers if a team goes into debt in the meantime. I thought that already existed, where a board wouldn't allow you to bid if your bid (or combined bids) exceeded the available budget, but evidently not.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

spootytown wrote: I thought that already existed, where a board wouldn't allow you to bid if your bid (or combined bids) exceeded the available budget, but evidently not.
This already exists.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Razvanica wrote:
spootytown wrote: I thought that already existed, where a board wouldn't allow you to bid if your bid (or combined bids) exceeded the available budget, but evidently not.
This already exists.
Then how did this happen??? Either it exists and doesn't work, or else teams have fewer than 7 days to fix their finances.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

3,5M is not something unachievable for a new team. If you start with 1,5M and you take a 2,5M loan you can spend 4M in a day... The limitation exists, you can check it. If you already have some offers and you try to make another offer with the total amount of the transfers making your budget go under a certain debt, the system doesn't allow the offer.
Plus, the counter for fixing your finances starts when you have more than 2M in debt so I don't think this applies for SBroccoli's example.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

[quote="Razvanica"]Plus, the counter for fixing your finances starts when you have more than 2M in debt so I don't think this applies for SBroccoli's example.[/quote]
Can you explain how this team was deleted (at the latest) on 12 April when he did transfers 5 days earlier?
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

spootytown wrote:Can you explain how this team was deleted (at the latest) on 12 April when he did transfers 5 days earlier?
The fact that the manager's name changed doesn't necessarily mean the team was deleted and given to a new manager. I would need more info about the team to tell you for sure what happened.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Razvanica wrote:The fact that the manager's name changed doesn't necessarily mean the team was deleted and given to a new manager. I would need more info about the team to tell you for sure what happened.
Broc would have to tell us that, but he said the team was renamed. Can that be changed mid-season?
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

spootytown wrote:
Razvanica wrote:The fact that the manager's name changed doesn't necessarily mean the team was deleted and given to a new manager. I would need more info about the team to tell you for sure what happened.
Broc would have to tell us that, but he said the team was renamed. Can that be changed mid-season?
No, it can't. But a manager must be off-line for 2-3 weeks before his account is deleted and even for a very improbable debt he would have got more time...
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

I found the club by checking the history of one of the clubs mentioned. The team was certainly deleted and taken over by a new manager, the players purchased prior to the name change are all gone from the game and the team today contains players from only 1 nation.

The departing manager comes up as "has left the game" and the new one started his SP career the 12th April.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”