Setting line-up before knowing opponent

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Snaak
Assistant Manager

Setting line-up before knowing opponent

Post by Snaak »

Tue 28 Apr 2009 (14:00 CET) Inv Bergambacht F.C. - NoTeam

This is an example of a match that might be played, but it is not for certain. Sometimes, friendly invitations get accepted the last moment, f.e. 13:30 when the match starts at 14:00

My idea is to let the user be able to create a line-up, even if it is not certain if there is a match at all. This will make it easier for people to organise friendly matches (home)
bedfil254187
Team Manager

Re: Setting line-up before knowing opponent

Post by bedfil254187 »

I'm 100% with that.
From the desk of
Bedfil
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

What you can currently do is set your A line-up to be your friendly line up
Then for league games use your B line-up as your strongest side (if you have SPFA!)
Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Razvanica »

Harder, better, faster, stronger
Snaak
Assistant Manager

Post by Snaak »

Yes, I set the A-squad to a friendly line up as well, but the thing is, I have a squad of 32 players, so I have 2 friendly line ups. And I want both of the line ups to play, so this is a bit hard. And one day (when there is a competition/cup match next day) I want my best players to participate, the other day I don't want to.
jamiehutber
Team President

Post by jamiehutber »

well you do have 4 different squad selections, and i have a set up as my friendly team. Saying you have 2 friendly teams and complaining seems silly :D You will about 50/50 of the time be able to set up a friendly team before the game. Adding this feature takes away from the manager logging in all the times benefits if you ask me :)
(,")you're drunk! Yes my dear, but tomorrow i will be sober. and you, you will still be ugly (",)
Snaak
Assistant Manager

Post by Snaak »

I do not see why managers who log on more should have extra benefits, apart from the fact that they have a bigger chance at spotting bargains at the transfer markets. This game has a lot of casual players which would certainly benefit from this feature

Besides, when there is no match the next day, I want to set my best squad in there. And a lot of times this is not possible because I am a busy person that sometimes cant log in.

Sjarel, could you give your opinion about this please?
jamiehutber
Team President

Post by jamiehutber »

Hey Snaak i'm not saying this isn't a good idea. I wouldn't mind having this set up and put in place. But i have a feeling there are many things that have a higher priority at the moment. :D
(,")you're drunk! Yes my dear, but tomorrow i will be sober. and you, you will still be ugly (",)
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

I like the idea, a good suggestion.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”