Feed-back from sheriffs

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Feed-back from sheriffs

Post by Razvanica »

Considering that the topic where the discussion first started was locked, I would like to continue here the idea of feed-back from sheriffs.
Please, don't post here cheating accusations. This is not the place for it.
On this topic I would like to hear opinions on 2 ideas:

1. Automatically sent messages from sheriffs to the manager that reported the case when the investigation is closed.
2. Making available to managers the information whether another manager is banned or not.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Notwell
Team President

Re: Feed-back from sheriffs

Post by Notwell »

Regarding point 2 and the discussions in the other thread:

I have filed 2 cheatreports through the "Cheaters" menu choice. On both occasions I checked the status of the report. There was a column for "Deleted" and "Banned". For the last report I filed, the status turned to "Yes" for both. The first report was also positive. The status response came fast for both reports.

So I get very confused by these discussions, isn't this info available already for the manager who has reported the issue :? Or am I misunderstanding something as usual :P

Apart from that
1) Yes
2) Yes, but only to the manager who reports the issue
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

Notwell wrote:So I get very confused by these discussions, isn't this info available already for the manager who has reported the issue :? Or am I misunderstanding something as usual :P
What I meant is that many managers send reports just to see if the manager was banned or not. For example, I would be curious to know how many reports concerning FrrFrr sheriffs received when he decided to quit the game. As that "Banned" column is the only way to know if a manager is banned or not, many users abuse this feature and they make a report just to find that out.

That info is obviously available, so why not put it on the manager's info page? That way everybody would know if manager X is banned and they would not write "inquiry" reports anymore.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

I played another game where that information was made available on the profiles, and banned managers were even discussed openly on the forums. They had no chance of defending themselves in these discussions of course. Managers could also be banned for whatever they wrote on the forums, fortunately that is irrelevant here though. The policy lead to a lot of trash and people were regulary dragged through the dirt, also by the admins.

I am not sure how many file reports just to see status, but thats still different from putting it out in the open. I think the negatives could far outweight the positives here. I fear that this can lead to bad feelings in the game and slander.

I could be wrong, especially as the above example maybe isn't so very relevant as the differences are huge.
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I don't think the ban status of a manager should be made public, but I will consider the possibility of giving the writer of a cheatreport better feedback.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”