Youth players

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Phariseu
Team Manager

Youth players

Post by Phariseu »

Instead of receiving a youth player (random game position), i would like to have a previous list or a previous chance of telling which position i would like to receive.

For example, i
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
soulreaper
Assistant Manager

Post by soulreaper »

Totally agree with that. We should be able to decide which player we want to have. Maybe a list with possible players that will come out the youthcenter, then we can decide which of those players will be trained to get out the youthcenter.
BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

I think we should have a whole youth squad of 16 players and be able to make our own decision when to pull them into our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd teams. They could play in youth tournaments and friendly matches, be sold on the transfer list. If you sell one of your 16 players or pull him up into your normal roster a new youth player would come into your youth squad depending on how good your youth center is. For example, I have an ultra modern youth center and I sell my youth sweeper, I would then get another youth player 20 days later. If I also brought 2 youth players onto my normal roster, I'd still only get one player 20 days later and I wouldn't know what type player I'd get but since I'm down to 13 players I could buy 3 youth players and put them into my youth roster bringing me back to 16. But if I did that, I would not receive another youth player because the cap on the roster is 16. Make sense?

Regards,
Bob
Phariseu
Team Manager

Post by Phariseu »

This is important.
I dont want to invest in a youth center, if i dont have the chance choosing which players (positions) do i need to my squad.
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

I think there should be more flexibility the better your youth center, but let's be realistic. In real life can your club produce great talent in a position you need? No. Talent will come wherever talent is, even if it's in an area you're already strong in. It's unlucky if you get the same positions, but you can always sell.
SNAKE
Assistant Coach

Post by SNAKE »

I agree with BobStanley. This idea could be usefull and it will also improve the game
The Snakes F.C.
Season 2; E.57: 3rd
Season 3; E.57: 1st
Season 4; D.19: 5th
Season 5; D.19: 12th
Season 6; ????: ?
pelsen
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by pelsen »

SNAKE wrote:I agree with BobStanley. This idea could be usefull and it will also improve the game
And I agree with hOOpsta.

It seems to me that everybody wants top players (it's logical :wink: ), but when they can't buy them on the transferlist, they're looking for other ways.

Maybe it's because I don't have a top team (allthough I'm on SP for quite a while), but I think managers should be happy with a little less.
You can't create a top team with the blink of an eye.
(Maybe this last expression is wrong, but the English speaking may allways correct :wink: )
Phariseu
Team Manager

Post by Phariseu »

pelsen wrote:
SNAKE wrote:I agree with BobStanley. This idea could be usefull and it will also improve the game

It seems to me that everybody wants top players (it's logical :wink: ), but when they can't buy them on the transferlist, they're looking for other ways.

Maybe it's because I don't have a top team (allthough I'm on SP for quite a while), but I think managers should be happy with a little less.
(Maybe this last expression is wrong, but the English speaking may allways correct :wink: )
Correct but dont forget 2 things:

- first, if i dont want a SW player for instance, i do not promote a youth SW player for the first squad. (this is in real life)
- second, wanting a previous list of youth players, does not mean that all of them will be a top player.
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
pelsen

Post by pelsen »

Phariseu wrote:First, if i dont want a SW player for instance, i do not promote a youth SW player for the first squad. (this is in real life)
In real life I think you promote a defensive player in general. If he's a CB, LB, or SW doesn't seem so important.
Now maybe he's at his best as SW, but if he's good enough, you'll use him as a CB or LB, and that's what you can do in SP too.
Phariseu wrote:Second, wanting a previous list of youth players, does not mean that all of them will be a top player.
I understand, but won't managers complain more then they complain now, realising that they didn't use the talent of a player they didn't select?
crystalthunder
Team Manager

Post by crystalthunder »

I'm not so sure about this. I think the main problem is that in this game SW are so useless. They're the unwanted 'talent.' I have a similar problem, I promoted 2 of them. In real life, I dont see that many sweepers. Most are CB that are employed as SW when needed. There should be a hidden versatility factor in the game. Some players should be able to play out of position better than others - especially when it comes SW & CB. Those two positions are almost inter-convertable. It doesnt make sense that a LB and a SW are equally effective in playing as CBs.

Besides this point, there are way tooooooo many sweepers in this game. When will the developers realize - nobody wants them!!! (if you do, lemme know and you can buy mine before I fire him ;)
BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

For what it's worth, I'm not really looking for ways to make a top team quicker. I'm only suggesting things that add more variety to the game to spice it up a bit. Even if you have a youth squad of 16 not all of them should turn out to be top players and maybe the youth player you have doesn't turn out to be particularly strong in a position that's weak on your 1st team so you have to go to the transfer list to find one. Personally, I have never bought a top player off the transfer list. I have always taken my chances with hopefuls and then trained them which takes time. With the money and salary it takes to buy a top player it's just not feasible to make a top team in little time. I don't really buy that as a valid debate against having a full youth squad.

Regards,
Bob
SNAKE
Assistant Coach

Post by SNAKE »

pelsen wrote:

First of all it seems more realistic if you can take control of your youth squad, secondly its not about creating a top team, its about raising your own squad just like a pro (or just like Fm & Cm) and just like BobStanley also said. "They could play in youth tournaments and friendly matches, be sold on the transfer list. If you sell one of your 16 players or pull him up into your normal roster a new youth player would come into your youth squad depending on how good your youth center is." I rather have a Youth league. In my opinion i think we should try this idea its better rather than spending all your money on buying players from the Transfer market, with this the manager has a second choice on how they want their team.
The Snakes F.C.
Season 2; E.57: 3rd
Season 3; E.57: 1st
Season 4; D.19: 5th
Season 5; D.19: 12th
Season 6; ????: ?
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

About youth centers.

What is the advantages of having the hyberbole type or what ever it is?

I am a man who if became a manager would invest in a youth squad but on the game what is the advantage of this feature?
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
matt

Post by matt »

simple centre: you get a player under 20 years old once in a period of 60 days IF he gets trough your youthcoordinator
professional centre: same thing but a period of 30 days
hyperbole centre: same but 20 days
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Peroid of 60 days? I have to wait 60 days after having a youth player promoted to get a reaplacement?

As for when the youth centre is up and running. Do i automatically have a youth squad?
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”