Assistant Manager

Chance of injury

Post by Zfreez »

:arrow: 10% Change of injury to a said player
BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

Sjarel wrote:
There is one more thing I'm thinking about. should we make some players more injury prone than others, actually I feel that would be a good idea.

Any thoughts ?
In a sense, I think this is already occuring... I've had 3 players injured multiple times this season so it seems they're more injury prone than the others :D

I also think that there should be some thought given to how many matches you play vs keeping morale up but I think that a lot of the fun of this game is the number of matches we're able to play. I really like that aspect of this soccer manager game. I would play many more friendly cups if I didn't have to worry so much about injuries and I'd have more fun :D

It would make it easier to determine the number of matches that can be played based on the players fitness. Right now, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to when a player gets injured. Some people say that they play players at 75% or less and have no problems while others
like myself have players getting injured frequently when thier fitness is =>90%

Update after checking the 0400 simulation; GK Michael Vassen went down to injury for the 3rd or 4th time (I've lost count) this season. His fitness was at 97% before the match and my physio was at 100% earlier today but is now at 93% after checking the 0400 simulation... I do bellieve players prone to injury is already happening....

I know all physio's are supposed to be the same at 100% but I've sacked my physio and hired a new one anyway :lol:

Regards,
bob
matt
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by matt »

Players prone to injury is already happening but by "luck". So there's nothing that makes a player more sensible to injuries.
BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

Yup, but "luck" is defined by the algorythems used in the code. I understand that the code is not specifically written right now so that some players are more prone to injury than others but whatever algorythem is being used for injuries in general seems to "pick" on specific players :D

But maybe I'm doing something wrong that I just haven't figured out yet...

A lot of teams routinely play 4 and 5 matches per day. Using Sjarel as an example, he's been playing 4 and 5 matches per day and has 2 players currently out to injury. I very rarely play more than 3 a day and today is the 1st day in a very long time that I'm playing 4. Sjarel has 2 players out to injury, I have 5. Yes, I do use different players in each match as much as possible.

I also took an example of 15 other teams that play as many matches or more than I do on a daily basis. Not one other team has more than 3 injuries, most only have one or two.

Lastly, another thing that has hit me hard this season is players coming back before they're fully fit. That means I have to wait another few days before I can play them and then thier morale is bad.

Maybe someone can help me figure out how I can play 3 matches per day without getting so many injuries? I did not play any matches this weekend and didn't even train for a day. I started Monday with every player except 1 at 100% fitness and no injuries. Today I have 5 injuries. I don't mean to sound like I'm whining but how much bad luck can one expect?

Regards,
Bob
matt

Post by matt »

Yep, I think that's the intention a -let's call it- "the injurie-skill" should have. Namely reducing or rising a player's chance of getting injured. But there should still be some luck involved too, so your case would still be possible.
BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

Matt,

I think you're missing my point, statistically speaking, considering the number of matches I play, no manager should have this much bad luck.

What's really a shame though is that more people don't reply to this thread even if it's people that say, Nope I don't agree Bob, I think the way things are is fine. Or even better is to give Sjarel an opinion on his suggestions... I mean how many games are out there where the developers are truely interested in what the players have to say? :D

Regards,
Bob
matt

Post by matt »

BobStanley wrote:Matt,

I think you're missing my point, statistically speaking, considering the number of matches I play, no manager should have this much bad luck.
Just saying that the possibility on having such bad luck should be decreased by a new feature like that. But it still should be possible according to me, it would just occur less.

I don't think you've got 5 injuries all the time since you first played SP.
You just might 've had too many bad luck moments. :wink:
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

Seems like only 5 managers, including me, are interested in injuries. I don't even wonna know what percentage that is ...
0.07% :lol:
cretzu

Post by cretzu »

matt wrote: I don't think you've got 5 injuries all the time since you first played SP.
You just might 've had too many bad luck moments. :wink:
... I had once 8 injuried players ... now that was bad luck ! ... something must be done for sure ... no matter what ... I agree and I've said in a previouse topic that injuries must be influenced by fitness and not by the number of the games played .... I also agree that any player can be injuried even if his fitness is 100 ... but the procentage of becoming injuried should be somewhere betwen 5-10% ...
***TITANII *** managed by Cretzu * SIMPLY the BEST *
season 6/7/8/10/12 - 1st in F228/E76/D26/C9/B3 ... 1st romanian in A league !!!
matt

Post by matt »

I actually meant constantly 4-5 injuries.
It comes in waves you know and I believe there might be too many waves affecting certain managers.
cretzu

Post by cretzu »

last week I had my third GK injuried and one day before he gets ok my 2nd GK injuries ... and my first GK was having 8x fitness ... I didn't want to loose him also so I didn't used him .... so I put in 2 friendlies 2 of my SW inseat of GK ... and I won :roll: ... injuries can make a team to loose the championship ...
***TITANII *** managed by Cretzu * SIMPLY the BEST *
season 6/7/8/10/12 - 1st in F228/E76/D26/C9/B3 ... 1st romanian in A league !!!
Redtop
Assistant Manager

Post by Redtop »

My opinion, for what its worth, is that the injuries do come in phases I think I'm just entering an injury phase now. I currently have 2 of my lesser players out injured but have had a couple of my senior ones out at critical times in the season when I was expecting to play my best team against the current leaders. Of course I lost but would have felt happier if I had of been able to field my best side. I know it can happen but its seems to happen at very critical times a bit to often.

One of the problems we face in this particular management game is that we are not able to field substitutes. Therefore we are not able to gently lead in a player who has just returned from injury. In real life any player returning from injury very rarely plays a whole game and is nearly always substituted during the last quarter of the game.

Is there any intention of being able to have substitutes sometime in the future? I have not noticed this being mentioned anywhere in the forums.

I agree with Bob Stanley that the speed that moral goes down is too fast. I think it goes down too quickly and forces you to play a lot of games you really may not want, to ensure that any second string player is ready to leap into the breach should a first team player be injured.
S1: 15 in C.7;
S2: 6 in D.21;
S3: 6 in D.21;
S4: 2 in D.21;
S5: 3 in C7;
S6: 2 in C7
S7: 8 in B3
S8: ? in B3
----------------------------------------------------
Organiser of The British Cup
Redtop
Assistant Manager

Post by Redtop »

Yes its happened again. I've got an important game tomorrow, against last years Cup finalists who are below me in the league and I have had an 'Injury in Training' to my star CB. This isn't the first time I've had random injuries before an important game and its beginning to really p*** me off. I know it can happen but it seems to be happening on a pretty regular occurrance.
S1: 15 in C.7;
S2: 6 in D.21;
S3: 6 in D.21;
S4: 2 in D.21;
S5: 3 in C7;
S6: 2 in C7
S7: 8 in B3
S8: ? in B3
----------------------------------------------------
Organiser of The British Cup
silverblast

Post by silverblast »

cretzu wrote: ... I had once 8 injuried players ... now that was bad luck ! ... something must be done for sure ... no matter what ... I agree and I've said in a previouse topic that injuries must be influenced by fitness and not by the number of the games played .... I also agree that any player can be injuried even if his fitness is 100 ... but the procentage of becoming injuried should be somewhere betwen 5-10% ...
Don't you get it?
they're the same!
If you play a lot of games, your fitness will decrease and the chances of an injury will increase.
If you don't play a lot of games, the opposite will happen.
The smartest thing you can do is never use a player with a fitness < 90%
Well, that's what I do, and I've got only one player injured.
The Arbiters - F.73

Previously: Olimpia Piraeus - H.171

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - D. Adams, 2009.
BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

Silverblast,

I think most people realize that they should'nt use players with less than 90% fitness and realize that if they play a lot of games the player's fitness will go down increasing the chances of injury. So as to avoid confusion, I'd like to give an example of why I started this thread...

On Monday I play 3 games using 33 different players all having fitness above 95% with most being at 100% I have no injuries.

On Tuesday, I play 2 matches using 22 different players all with fitness above 95% some at 100%

On Wed I play 2 matches using 22 different players all with fitness over 90% most above 95%. By the end of Wednesday I have 5 injuries.

My whole point is that it's not the fitness levels of your players because I'm getting players injured that have 100% fitness. It's the number of matches you play regardless of how high your players fitness is. I do not think that there should be as many injuries to players that have above 90% fitness as there is. I also think that there are too many injuries to the same player and same position at the same time. When injuries occur, it seems to be mostly at one position. I've also had multpile injuries to the same player, after he comes off injury and is at 100% fitness, he'll get injured again in the next match.

Lastly, I know this affects everyone so I'm not saying it's not fair. I'm just saying that I don't think it's very realistic and there does not seem to be a good compromise between keeping players morale up and the number of matches you must play to do so. If players didn't get injured as much when having => 90% fitness the problem would be solved...

Regards,
Bob

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”