Cup for Leagues

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Randall Rovers
Team President

Cup for Leagues

Post by Randall Rovers »

Had a thought.

I was wondering, there is a cup where everybody enters into it and the winner usually comes form the higher leagues and the lower league teams don't stand a chance.

So i thought of this idea. Why not create a cup for each ranking league. As well as the Overall SoccerProject Cup.

So all the G league teams would play in one cup. All the F league teams would play in a different cup and so on and so on.

This idea would be great beacuse then it would allow people to win the Soccer Project G League Cup and have something else to aim for.

Its up to the Soccer Project guys. But it is just a suggestion.
Last edited by Randall Rovers on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
joske
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by joske »

i agree with that, but i wouldn't do the 'overall soccerproject cup' then, but prehaps that the winners of each 'division cup' can play a cup for the BIG cup

it's just an idea...
Joskeisback
Teamjoske
Nistelrooy_10
Team Board Member

Post by Nistelrooy_10 »

the thing that can be done, as I've already said, is to make championships of countries, and then will be a cup in every country, it would be much more fun and with more chances of winnings. for example: there could be the leagues of belgium, and then anothers leagues only of portugueses, and another for dutches, etc....
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

My point is that the league layout is fine. Its just the SoccerProject Cup is only won by the top teams. So in theory clubs from D leagues and below. Do not stand a chance of glory in this cup and therfore only have one thing to aim for and thats the league title. Where as the top teams, A,b. c leagues all compete for league honours as well as Cup honours.

So this suggestion works. So everybody in G leagues can see who the best team in the league is through this cup, and the F leagues can also find out and so on.

Then also keep the soccerproject cup as the big cup to make the game more fun.

So overall you would compete for 3 trophies in a season.

League title.
Soccerproject Cup
AND the new League cup's.
Randall Rovers

joske

Post by joske »

if you'll have that much games to play, i think the fitness of the players would become very low.

don't get me wrong, i think this is a good idea , but i'd cut out the soccerproject cup , and only do the division cup
Joskeisback
Teamjoske
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

It would not affect fitness. Because at the moment people play friendlies, they just cut them back and play these cups.

The point is the lower the division the more teams so the more rounds to play.

It would just be another cup to aim for and a massive piece of the game.

Overall G Leagues Cup winner.

Or

Overall D Leagues Cup winner.

It would add more spice, competition and make the game more exciting.
Randall Rovers

budist

Post by budist »

who plays friendlies with the first team???
i play my first 11 only in league and cup, my players have more than 90% stamina, and i can't keep them in all the matches.
I'm A Legend
U Should Take A Picture Of Me
You Should Be Happy To Be In My Presence
I Should Charge U With Fee
ImageImage
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Thats not the point, the point is with the cup. It will allow friendlies to be cut back and more competitive football.

The schedule could look like this.

Monday: League Game
Tuesday: League Game
Wednesday: Soccerproject Cup Games
Thursday: League Game
Friday: League Game
Saturday: New League Cups.
Sunday: Rest day.

See it would only need one more day, so you would play 6 competitive games rather then 5 competitive games. 1 game is not going to hurt your first team performance.
Randall Rovers

joske

Post by joske »

Randall Rovers wrote:Thats not the point, the point is with the cup. It will allow friendlies to be cut back and more competitive football.

See it would only need one more day, so you would play 6 competitive games rather then 5 competitive games. 1 game is not going to hurt your first team performance.
Ok if it would be like this, i'm absolutely for this suggestion!! but as you allready said, the A-division will be ready a lot sooner than the G- division
but that's not a problem I guess
Joskeisback
Teamjoske
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

No because the G league cup games would start earlier then the A leagues and all the leagues. And then they would then come into place. Say when all the leagues, b,c,d,e,f and g leagues get to the last 16. Then the A league cup will start up.

So each round the leagues would come in.

You might say its unfair on the amount of games the G leagues would have to play. But the A leagues have to play the same amount of games to win the SoccerProject cup. So it all works out fair come the end.

Is it possible we could get a opinion off some one who owns and helps the work the site.

As i would be interested in what they have to say.
Randall Rovers

joske

Post by joske »

Randall Rovers wrote:No because the G league cup games would start earlier then the A leagues and all the leagues. And then they would then come into place. Say when all the leagues, b,c,d,e,f and g leagues get to the last 16. Then the A league cup will start up.

So each round the leagues would come in.

You might say its unfair on the amount of games the G leagues would have to play. But the A leagues have to play the same amount of games to win the SoccerProject cup. So it all works out fair come the end.

Is it possible we could get a opinion off some one who owns and helps the work the site.

As i would be interested in what they have to say.
of course it's not unfair for the G players because if they play more, they'd get to know the game better, and they would get lots of experience

i hope it would be introduced, but of course it's not me who decide
Joskeisback
Teamjoske
Peja

Post by Peja »

Randall Rovers wrote:Thats not the point, the point is with the cup. It will allow friendlies to be cut back and more competitive football.

1 day is going to hurt my first team performance, I can assure you that. It's almost impossible to play both cup and league games with your first team, and you want another cup for the first team?

It's just not possible with only your 1st team. And if everybody plays those games with his backup team, that cup wouldn't be that attractive anymore...
budist

Post by budist »

i suggest everybody new to play this game at least 2 seasons to understand. Fitness is very hard to mantain, there are a lot of teams that quit the cup from the first round (put their 4-th line-up) just to mantain their chances for the league.
I'm A Legend
U Should Take A Picture Of Me
You Should Be Happy To Be In My Presence
I Should Charge U With Fee
ImageImage
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Peja wrote:

1 day is going to hurt my first team performance, I can assure you that. It's almost impossible to play both cup and league games with your first team, and you want another cup for the first team?

It's just not possible with only your 1st team. And if everybody plays those games with his backup team, that cup wouldn't be that attractive anymore...
1 extra game, you are joking right? :lol:
Randall Rovers

BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

I think a lot of people look at what team they should use for the SP Cup differently. When I was in D, E, & F division. I never used my first team because I didn't have a chance to go very far in the Cup anyway. Why reduce my first team's fitness and chances of winning my next league match. The SP Cup had no meaning for me so I can understand lower divisions wanting a divisional Cup of the thier own. It does not make sense to have an A division Cup because there is only one league in that Division but from B on it makes sense. I like the idea of the top 4 from each division play in the SP Cup. One of the advantages of being in A would be that all 16 teams from A would have an automatic buy in... From that regard, there wouldn't be any more matches a team would have to play than they do now.

For example,

The Soccer project Cup could be run like this;

- Managers from each division (B-G) play each other in thier own division.
- Managers from A are exempt from this phase of the tournament.
- The top 4 or 8 from (B-G) are promoted to the SP Cup. Division Cup winners get a trophy. Maybe even the top 3 from each division get a trophy and instead of 1 SP Cup maybe there are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd SP Cup trophies :)

Regards,
Bob

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”