Cup for Leagues

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Peja
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Peja »

Randall Rovers wrote:
Peja wrote:
Randall Rovers wrote:Thats not the point, the point is with the cup. It will allow friendlies to be cut back and more competitive football.

The schedule could look like this.

Monday: League Game
Tuesday: League Game
Wednesday: Soccerproject Cup Games
Thursday: League Game
Friday: League Game
Saturday: New League Cups.
Sunday: Rest day.

See it would only need one more day, so you would play 6 competitive games rather then 5 competitive games. 1 game is not going to hurt your first team performance.
1 day is going to hurt my first team performance, I can assure you that. It's almost impossible to play both cup and league games with your first team, and you want another cup for the first team?

It's just not possible with only your 1st team. And if everybody plays those games with his backup team, that cup wouldn't be that attractive anymore...
1 extra game, you are joking right? :lol:
I play the game since the very beginning, I think I ought to know the impact of fitness by now ;) And I know that one more game can destroy fitness in my whole team...
matt

Post by matt »

It doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, only that it would take a long time I think.

Something different:
I 've been thinking of the idea of letting bad teams survive in the cup a little longer. Though I think this is just an idea for the future and I don't know what to do with the time yet 'cause it's too short. Maybe it would be easier to start having a cup over 2 seasons since there will eventually get more managers.

My idea: to start the cup with groups of 8 teams randomly chosen which only play once against each other. 2 go over to the next round. Then you can go to instant elimination, but in this way even bad teams get a chance of meeting a big team which brings some money in, and they get to play 7 matches.

This off course needs a lot more time than the one season cup played now so this suggestion might be useless.
:wink:
Also it could give problems with the maths, because I believe Soccerproject is now build so that every team gets to participate to the Cup. So I don't know, but it's just the idea of a group I like.
matt

Post by matt »

It could also go for groups of 4 btw so it would make 4 matches less
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

Nice idea but the reality is, it's too many. Even with 5, by Friday my players are drained. I'm sure a lot of managers deliberately lose in the SP Cup so that they can have Wednesday off, a good time to get a rest and recover fitness before the next 2 league games.
Nistelrooy_10
Team Board Member

Post by Nistelrooy_10 »

but that in other way will make the managers rule better his players, for the games they prefer to win ( cup or league ) and keep the players for those games
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Ok so my idea has some faults.

Fitness, injures.

But there are more plus points then negatives and two in gives the lower league teams a chance of more silver ware and more fun for the managers.

The idea works for lower league clubs as when we start the game. All the players are about the same ability, so the teams would be fairly matched.
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
beauwaite
Assistant Manager

Post by beauwaite »

hey i have been thinking about having cups in each division for a while now and someone on this page mentioned having international cups for every country

i think that would also be a great idea but i dont think managers would be happy playing in that many cups.

maybe like what bob stanley mentioned with the cups for each division and then a super cup could also possibly do this for the international cups too.. and maybe so players do not get drained make the leagues go longer... instead of having 3 or 4 games a week make it 2 or 3
just a thought

what do u all think
beauwaite
Assistant Manager

Post by beauwaite »

even if where i mentioned having cups for per country you could make it each continent..

like oceana, asia, europe, north america, south america, africa, and any others

suggestions?
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Well the European one would conisit of about 75% of the users, so that would not work.
Randall Rovers

Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

Who's complaining about fitness? You should use squad rotation. All sensible manager in England doe this when their teams are still in some cups.
You'll never walk alone
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

WEll acorrding to some people that idea does not work.
Randall Rovers

Peja

Post by Peja »

Yves004 wrote:Who's complaining about fitness? You should use squad rotation. All sensible manager in England doe this when their teams are still in some cups.
Can you pay the wage of two equal teams, trying to win both league and one or 2 cups? I can't...
BobStanley
Team Manager

Post by BobStanley »

Hey Yves004,

Even the American's rotate thier players when they're playing cup games & leagues at the same time :)

Peja, I almost always agree with your opinions but my 2nd team makes almost as much money as my 1st team does and my 3rd team is not far behind. I never have a ton of money because I don't sell a lot of players but I'm not having too much problem paying the wages...

Not sure if anyone saw my suggestion at the bottom of page 1 of this thread but it allows league Cups without having to play more matches...

Regards,
Bob
ezzyezzy
Team Manager

focus on moving up the ladder!!!!!!!!!

Post by ezzyezzy »

randall rovers................. if you think that the lower div.has no chance of the sp.cup,,,,than starts to create your own good team!!!!! and climb your way up............thats what everybody is doing i believe.............. you has to start from scratch ...this project is not 1 or 2 week but requires more......to improve....
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

Peja wrote:
Yves004 wrote:Who's complaining about fitness? You should use squad rotation. All sensible manager in England doe this when their teams are still in some cups.
Can you pay the wage of two equal teams, trying to win both league and one or 2 cups? I can't...
Oi? :shock: I've played a lot of games, especially in the cup, with my B-team. I have to rotate a lot because I don't use players with fitness below 90%. I guess when the higher wages kick in it won't be possible anymore, but that's no problem. That way we'll have to decide wether to go for cups or league. The same team doesn't have to win the title and 2 cups. We can't all be Liverpool 2005-2006. :P
You'll never walk alone

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”