Transfers

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

petheik
Assistant Manager

Transfers

Post by petheik »

Is it true that after a player has been transferlisted for eight days he goes back to his original team even if there's an offer higher than the asking price? That's what I've been told and if it really is so, I hope that it will be changed.

Two reasons:

1) We now have a rule saying you can't refuse an offer that's higher than the asking price. Well, not accepting the offer and waiting for eight days does the trick and there's definitely an inconsistency. In practice, you can refuse an offer by just waiting.

2) For a team bidding on the player, this kind of situation is actually a lot worse. Now, if I've got the highest offer in, I can't cancel it (which IMO is a very good rule), but if the selling team decides the offer isn't good enough after all, he can held me hostage for eight days. While he waits for that time to pass, I can't use the amount I've offered in something else.

I think that if there's an offer higher than the asking price and the eight-day period ends, the player should go to the team that has made the highest offer and not return to the original team. As it is now -- at least if it really is like this now -- it doesn't make much sense.
matt
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by matt »

It is like that and it happens a lot. Players are just taken back from the list if the manager doesn't accept in time.
There've already been a lot of proposals saying the player should leave the team and go to the team with the highest bid or something like that.
Anyway, you're not the only manager who wants this to change.
petheik
Assistant Manager

Post by petheik »

Well, I just think that it's plain wrong for the team making the offer. The money is locked for a week.
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

There have been some discussions on this indeed. Of course you have a point, but when we introduced the new transfer market rules we thought the 5% TS penalty for this behavior would be enough to discourage managers to do this.

Apparently this isn't, and I would actually like to know opinions of other managers on this.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

Yes, I dislike the "holding hostage" tactics being used.

Clearly, managers will hold out till the last possible moment so that he can get the best possible price for his player. I think 8 days is a little long personally, when you consider that you play 5 league games in this period, and also considering the waiting period of the player on the market. Perhaps make this a few days shorter.

Secondly, if a manager refuses a offer higher than the asking price, by taking him off the list, TS goes down 5%. I think this should be more like 15%. 5% can be reclaimed easily.

Thirdly, if there's an offer higher than the asking price and the manager just waits for the deadline (same as refusing really), he should either a) lose 50% of his team spirit or b) the player goes to the highest bidder automatically.

Personally I think a) is a better solution. It would seriously harm that manager's team, and would teach him not to do it. The second solution seems a bit silly - that a player would be transferred without any agreement from the selling club.

So to conclude this drivel aka my post, I propose that managers who "refuse" by waiting for the deadline should lose 50% TS.
petheik
Assistant Manager

Post by petheik »

I have no problems with the eight day transfer period. I think it's good that we don't have to rush with transfers.

As for changes, I think the only good and simple solution is to move the player after the period if there's an offer meeting the asking price. Because even if the team spirit hit was 100 percent, it wouldn't affect the wheelers'n'dealers who make a lot of transfers and whose team spirit is already low. I'd say that those teams are more likely to use this tactic in transfer market anyway.

You'd simply put the asking price up to a level that's high enough so that you can live with the price you get if the player leaves.

Also, the good thing in the eight-day period is that it should be long enough that you're getting the real market value for your player. Has there ever been a bidding war that lasts full eight days? I don't think so. I think in most cases the winner is known well before that and you'll be getting the most you're going to get.
Phariseu
Team Manager

Post by Phariseu »

This is a problem and i´ve suffer myself in this season.

I want a CB and i´m looking since season begun. But Managers put players on transfer list and let dead line (8 days) come over. So player is remove from transfer list, besides the 5 points team spirit penalty.

I think 5 points little. Maybe increase penalty to 15-20 points, managers would think twice, before putting a player in the transfer list.
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
matt

Post by matt »

Like petheik says, people who are already low in team spirit don't bother.
Maybe it's useful to add a fine next to the ts-loss.
Something of 200.000€ for each player because if you would try 1/5 of the asking price of the player there would of course still be people who place their player on low asking price.
joske

Post by joske »

Sjarel wrote:There have been some discussions on this indeed. Of course you have a point, but when we introduced the new transfer market rules we thought the 5% TS penalty for this behavior would be enough to discourage managers to do this.

Apparently this isn't, and I would actually like to know opinions of other managers on this.
5% ts is like nothing for me, i don't even care for Ts but that's probably because i play in E, and it's not important there. and i believe most E'ers think like that. Furthermore : if you sell your player, you lose 5% Ts.
If you don't sell your player you also lose 5% ts, so if you don't need the money, you can just let the transfer deadline pass.

of course that's my opinion
Joskeisback
Teamjoske
joske

Post by joske »

is there anything that can be done about this?

it's just an idea:

if you just let the deadline pass ==> a sum of money goes from your pocket to the ones who placed a bid on your player
Joskeisback
Teamjoske
jaluis
Team Board Member

Transfer penalty

Post by jaluis »

I personally don´t agree with the possibility of seller taking out the player from the list and only loose 5% TS, but I find it very useful as a point to negotiate a better selling price with the highest bidder.

This is my idea, that I think will solve two problems at once. When I put a player in the transfer list, I try to ask a reasonable price, not very low, but sufficient low to increase bid war. This happens all the time, but I don´t agree with putting prices like 0 or 5K to players that we know that value much more.

So, I think that penalty for leting the player go out the transfer list, eventough you have a bid, is transferring a sum between the seller and highest bidder, equalizing the difference between the highest bid and the asked amount.

This should bring a more trasparent market for the buyer and the seller.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”