Max skill values changing with player age

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

anakin66
Coach

Max skill values changing with player age

Post by anakin66 »

I'm wondering if makes sense that max value of some skills could change with the age of the player.
For exemple, it could be that, as for real players, the athletic skills (stamina, speed, strength) get worse in time, the technical skills (shooting, passing, heading, ....) don't change, and experience skills (insight, play making, play it out, ...) get better in time.
What do you think about it?
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

It might be a good idea, but then the young players will always have 100% stamina and then it will slowly drop.

But with some players they might be young but cannot run and have no speed. So it will not work.
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
anakin66
Coach

Post by anakin66 »

In real life, changing of the skills doesn't mean that every player starts with 100% in some skills.
So I don't suggest to modify the inital max-value, but only the max-value when the player get older.
Of course, the modifications could be in % of the current value, so it can never drops to 0.
wispelcrack
Team Board Member

Post by wispelcrack »

euhm... this already exists.... if a player gets older, his form gets lower and lower... haven't you noticed that?
anakin66
Coach

Post by anakin66 »

Yes, I noticed that, and experience gets higher and higher, but I was talking about other skills (not experience, morale or fitness that are already variable).
cretzu
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by cretzu »

wispelcrack wrote:euhm... this already exists.... if a player gets older, his form gets loer and lower... haven't you noticed that?
... that's not true ... just an exemple ... a GK performs better when he is older!!! :wink:
***TITANII *** managed by Cretzu * SIMPLY the BEST *
season 6/7/8/10/12 - 1st in F228/E76/D26/C9/B3 ... 1st romanian in A league !!!

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”